Blackberry London

legion125

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 1 February 2012

Here's some information on the BB London that's suppose to be released this fall. It's actually a quite handsome phone if BB sticks with this design. With this look and if the rumored specs are correct, BB will have its first phone that's at least competitive with what's on the market today.

http://www.phonedog.com/2012/02/01/i-would-buy-a-blackberry-london-if-it-were-available-today/

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 1 February 2012

I like the design and specs they have listed, but I may like them a lot less when the next round of Android/Apple/Windows phones are released and lap RIM. The disign on this bad boy might just get them added to the Apple design copyright suit...LOL

I'm not as negative now on the BB London. It is a sharp looking phone. Although I like the stainless steel that was on the earlier prototype better.

I'm a little optimistic about OS x10 with support for Android apps. If enough Android developers join RIM and add their apps to the BB App World, they just might have a shot.

I think it will then just come down to performance. Because if the BB London feels sluggish compared to all the dual core gems and new quad cores coming out, then it won't matter.

But if BB plays all their cards right with the London, I could see myself picking one of these up as a secondary phone. Especially if you can install any Android APK yourself and not forced to use only submissions that have managed to find their way to BB App World.

Sent from Tapatalk App

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• I posted this in the Nebraska Premier thread last week, but just wanted to share in this thread the progress that T-Mobile has made in filling in the great coverage gap known as Nebraska. Between late last year and this year, they have added 28 new expansion sites filling in the coverage hole, plus 11 Sprint site conversions in eastern Nebraska and far western Iowa. Notably, in the last month n41 coverage was added on over a dozen expansion sites in western Nebraska that were added to the network last year. For comparison, here is the very first map that I created in October of 2022 after we noted expansion sites outside of Sprint conversion in Lincoln and Omaha. It doesn't show any western parts of the state, but just know there was nothing besides roaming coverage and a little B12 coverage leaking down from South Dakota to the west of Valentine, NE.
    • Sent a copy of my DB in an e-mail just now.  Couldn't leave the house today but can hopefully get a screenshot when I'm out on another cell site tomorrow.
    • 76MB Google Play System update after that, bringing the date up to 3/1 from prior 2/1 date. 
    • April security patch is already out - 738.30 MB download. 
    • What do you see with the latest alpha/ beta version?