Tower locations

Richmc

How do I find the Sprint towers that are in my area? I know it will be awhile before NV even starts here but figured I could still watch for any work(backhaul) being done. Zip code is 73130.

• Like 1

How do I find the Sprint towers that are in my area? I know it will be awhile before NV even starts here but figured I could still watch for any work(backhaul) being done. Zip code is 73130.

There is no real public source. But S4GRU has them. I will post the OK market for you in S4GRU Sponsors area of the forums tonight. Watch out for them!

Robert

Awesome as I am in the OKC metro area also!

Since I used to work at Sprint I do know where many of the towers are in central/NW OKC (for example, the tower I pull from at home is located near I-44 & Western Avenue, and at my previous job the tower was near I-44 & NW 36th St).

There are some online websites that show where ALL cell (and other types of towers) are located, but they are confusing since the "owner" of the tower is not a familiar name in many cases.

So this information will definitely be helpful!

One (sometimes tricky) way is by using the Google Earth file located on http://www.opencellid.org/cell/map

I say tricky, as that shows you ALL the known towers from all carriers, distinguished by carrier SID; in a dense urban area, things get cluttered. To narrow it down, you need to know the SID of the Sprint towers in your area: OK City is 4164 in you guy's case.

[For anyone else:

To get this, you can look it up in the PRL file here, or alternately, see what your phone is connected to via the hidden diagnostic menu on your phone (*3001#12345#* for the iPhone. Can't remember what it is for the EVO or Epic- ##DATA# maybe?) They also have android apps that can tell you your SID]

Just look for towers in your area with that as the SID, and you are set. BTW, sometimes it might seems like a tower appears to be coming right out someones house! This usually just indicates that someone has a AIRAVE femtocell set up, though. Additionally, since this is crowd-sourced info, it may not be 100% perfect... but it is better than nothing!

Awesome as I am in the OKC metro area also!

Since I used to work at Sprint I do know where many of the towers are in central/NW OKC (for example, the tower I pull from at home is located near I-44 & Western Avenue, and at my previous job the tower was near I-44 & NW 36th St).

There are some online websites that show where ALL cell (and other types of towers) are located, but they are confusing since the "owner" of the tower is not a familiar name in many cases.

So this information will definitely be helpful!

When you become a S4GRU sponsor, you will be able to see all the sites in Oklahoma. It is now posted in the Sponsors Forum.

Robert

When you become a S4GRU sponsor, you will be able to see all the sites in Oklahoma. It is now posted in the Sponsors Forum.

Robert

I know you've probably already posted about this, but how do I become a sponsor?

S4GRU is a member supported site. We are like PBS of the internet. Several of our sources say that they will not provide us information if we become a commercial site. So we depend on generous donations of S4GRU members, like you!

Here is our posting in The Bulletin Board about our Membership level. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/page/index.html/_/announcements/s4gru-member-ranks-and-groups-r20

Donations can be made through PayPal. The PayPal donation link is at the upper right hand corner of The Forums page.

I thank you for considering a donation!

Robert

Not sure if this will help but there is an app I used to use called open signal, it can be found on the market. Its a neat little utility app and it shows which tower your phone is connected too, so you can at least find the closest tower to you where ever you are. I have used it a few times in the past and it worked great.

Not sure if this will help but there is an app I used to use called open signal, it can be found on the market. Its a neat little utility app and it shows which tower your phone is connected too, so you can at least find the closest tower to you where ever you are. I have used it a few times in the past and it worked great.

Yeah I've used this and still pull it up every now and then when I need to make sure I'm connecting to my tower and not the one further away on the other side of me...

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

I can create a site map for any market.

Robert<br />Posted from my E4GT with ICS using Forum Runner

Would you mind posting the ATL map in the Sponsor's Forum? I'd greatly appreciate it

Would you mind posting the ATL map in the Sponsor's Forum? I'd greatly appreciate it

I'm working on some revision to the way I embed those maps. I will likely post it tonight.

Robert

• Like 3

I'm working on some revision to the way I embed those maps. I will likely post it tonight.

Robert

Thats awesome! Thanks. I look forward to these. Just a suggestion, but maybe color code the towers... one color could indicate towers that are NV complete, and another tower indicate the "other" towers.

Thats awesome! Thanks. I look forward to these. Just a suggestion, but maybe color code the towers... one color could indicate towers that are NV complete, and another tower indicate the "other" towers.

I thought about doing that. However, that would require me to upload a new map for every market every day I get new NV information. I don't see that happening. It will be enough to update just the NV Complete Map thread everytime I get an update. But I like your thinking!

Robert

• Like 1

Maps in the S4GRU Sponsor section are 100% accurate. Open Signal has inaccuracies and not comprehensive.

Robert - Posted from my E4GT with ICS using Forum Runner

I personally use OpenSignalMaps to locate the tower I am connecting to and the SSID/SID/NID. Also they have a custom map that is viewable based on the analysis sent in to their servers.

http://opensignalmap...verage-maps/US/

personally OpenSignal has some issues b/c the towers it reports are NOT in the locations they claim them to be some of the time. My area specifically shows towers for Sprint that are way off the actual location.

So far all the Cell Sites I've looked at are 100% accurate, I've been to a lot just messing around today. I'll post pics of all the ones I see soon. :0) Its obvious when NV is on them too. Only seen a couple tho. :( - Ya, I'm a loser... lol

You have any info for mapping the Denver Area?

• Like 1

So far all the Cell Sites I've looked at are 100% accurate, I've been to a lot just messing around today. I'll post pics of all the ones I see soon. :0) Its obvious when NV is on them too. Only seen a couple tho. :( - Ya, I'm a loser... lol

I'll put up Colorado, Utah and Idaho next. Just for you!

Robert

• Like 1

I'll put up Colorado, Utah and Idaho next. Just for you!

Robert

Done... http://s4gru.com/ind...-idaho-markets/

Oh yeah...I must be a loser too!

Robert

• Like 1

Is Sprint also on the tower located at 44.99897,-93.132627?

I found it while riding my bike today. All I could see on the site were markings for AT&T/Cingular, T-Mobile, and Clearwire.

I would like to chime in for a tower map of the Washington DC market. I am more interested in the northern Virginia area if that matters.

I talked my brother into switching from VZW to Sprint and he has been cursing me ever since because there is a street in his neighborhood where he is guaranteed to drop a call every time. The signal in his house isn't all that great either. Never happened to him on VZW. I'm curious where his closest tower is located.

Thanks in advance!