digiblur ROM 2014.01.17 [S3] [MK3]

digiblur

what are the odds it wipes it??

and he may just have to deal with it....

I was trying to side load/save with titanium, but wouldnt let me select the drive....

ill just buy a few 8s or 16s

To be honest even on a bone stock device, recommend people wipe their device and start over when upgrading OS versions.  It just makes things work so much better.

• Like 1

I ran into an issue doing a factory reset with another user..  the systemUI is crashing and there is no status bar at the top.  I'm looking into the issue on why it is doing this.  It's fixable, let me know if you have the issue. 

ok this may sound simple.....but just so i have it straight in my head (and i think i wished i did it on mine, to make back up easier)

so we rooted it....so we could load titanium

next we back up

then we wipe, 

Then re-root?? because a factory reset should kick root out??

then flash the rom

Then put the back up back....

am i right??

Well hold out on flashing this ROM until I figure out two issues. On a factory reset, SuperSU GUI isn't sticking and the status bar is crashing.

Other ROM's do too. After reboot in the wicked sensations mk3 ROM it came up. Seemed like a reboot after flash and initial boot, then wanam then another reboot and things started happening.

I ran into an issue doing a factory reset with another user.. the systemUI is crashing and there is no status bar at the top. I'm looking into the issue on why it is doing this. It's fixable, let me know if you have the issue.

this happened on the better halfs phone. I just restored the backup just waiting on a fix.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

this happened on the better halfs phone. I just restored the backup just waiting on a fix.

If you feel like messing with it again I'll send you two files to fix the issue and the instructions but if you can wait a few days I should be able to solve the problem.

If you feel like messing with it again I'll send you two files to fix the issue and the instructions but if you can wait a few days I should be able to solve the problem.

I'll test it out again for you no problem.

I had to also flash the wifi fix when I did those two files. After reboot the phone would not connect to 1x/EVDO but did after another reboot. Just an FYI.

You must be doing the mismatched bootloader thing?

You must be doing the mismatched bootloader thing?

No I kept the files from the XDA stock rooted MK3 release. I flashed it because wifi wouldn't turn on. Maybe it didn't need it. It works afterwards.

This is what I did:

TWRP Backup to ext SD

TWRP advanced wipe, wiped all but ext-sd

Flash DigiROM

Reboot

Flash V1

Reboot

Flash V2

Reboot

Perform initial setup

wifi switch wouldn't turn on, downloaded most of my apps over LTE.

Flashed the wifi fix, reboot, reboot again

Goodness!!

I tried using the verify zip option in TWRP, it failed, but before I did that, while on my other ROM I went to terminal and did MD5SUM against your zip and it passed so I know it was good.

Very solid and stable. Still seems like SCP causes problems when installed because of the permissions thing. I still can't get to the debug menu from the SCP shortcut. Maybe you can add that to your list to work with Mike on that signing thing?

You can't use the verify zip option as that's for official signed zips.  It will pick up the MD5 and verify the zip.

And on the wifi thing, yeah that's why I went the route of going pure 4.3 as I wanted the modem and all the other pieces with it of 4.3.  Mix matched software just creates way too many issues for me.

Very solid and stable. Still seems like SCP causes problems when installed because of the permissions thing. I still can't get to the debug menu from the SCP shortcut. Maybe you can add that to your list to work with Mike on that signing thing?

One thing I forgot to add... put your ##DATA# and ##DEBUG# shortcuts on your home screen.  Use the thread below, just make sure you use the code someone else provided (scroll down a few posts from the OP) that issues the command as root.  Since I removed the MSL prompt you can toggle your device from LTE, EVDO, or 1x only with just a few screen taps all without a reboot. 

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4388-how-to-add-a-home-screen-shortcut-to-the-debug-menu/

I'm going to try to include these scripts pre-installed on the device as well.

I'll be happy to help you test, just tell me when to download it. Just watching football today on the couch. I had installed the first round but went back to the root stock from xda after I saw a few of the same glitches already mentioned.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Uploading the latest version now... tested from a fresh install with a fresh factory/data wipe and everything looks well.  The OP is updated with the few other things I've added.  I'm still only sharing the link via PM so drop me a note and I'll send it to you. 

I'm gonna say, nice job. Been running since last night, install was flawless. I havent found a single hiccup, the phone is twice as fast, and battery seems to be holding better.

Thanks!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm gonna say, nice job. Been running since last night, install was flawless. I havent found a single hiccup, the phone is twice as fast, and battery seems to be holding better.

Thanks!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the kind words! 

bigzeto showed me a tweak that I wasn't able to cook into it, enable the developer options and change your animation scales to 0.5x, makes it feel a bit snappier.

Enabled the 0.5x scales and I definitely can feel that "pop" even more. Good idea.

Still very solid. Hell of a job.

I have one last piece to do, like throwing in the list of APKs removed in case some people want to put some of them back.