Samsung Galaxy S4T L720T [Trimode] User Discussion Thread

lilotimz

I can't say that I'm in such a hurry to get it if they broke silent / vibrating notifications.

We'll see some version of 5.0 first - LONG before we see 5.1 - if ever.

http://www.androidpit.com/android-5-1-lollipop-silent-mode

I swear, they should spend more time FIXING stuff instead of breaking things.

Google maps PC and PHONE and KML's on Earth mobile are all prime examples.

Put the smart people back in charge of interface and design.

The chimps they have in there now are annoying and breaking EVERYTHING.

Hey I'm just wondering if anyone else is having this problem. We got a replacement for my boyfriends s4t for assurance about 2 months ago. Well a couple of times we have noticed his phone will have no service at all while mine is just fine. Good signal and everything, well this weekend we went to a place where we roam well we finally noticed the problem his phone WILL NOT roam at all. With all the settings for roaming being right. So once it hits a poor sprint spot it will end up with no service and get stuck like that until we almost right next to a sprint tower. I'm just wondering if anyone has run into this problem before I call sprint about it.

Hey I'm just wondering if anyone else is having this problem. We got a replacement for my boyfriends s4t for assurance about 2 months ago. Well a couple of times we have noticed his phone will have no service at all while mine is just fine. Good signal and everything, well this weekend we went to a place where we roam well we finally noticed the problem his phone WILL NOT roam at all. With all the settings for roaming being right. So once it hits a poor sprint spot it will end up with no service and get stuck like that until we almost right next to a sprint tower. I'm just wondering if anyone has run into this problem before I call sprint about it.

Update the prl. (Preferred roaming list)

Another thing to try is to shut off roaming, restart the phone, toggle roaming back on, and restart the phone again.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Update the prl. (Preferred roaming list)

Another thing to try is to shut off roaming, restart the phone, toggle roaming back on, and restart the phone again.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

I've done all these things about a million times. Since we've noticed the problem. I guess I'll just have to give sprint a call today haha. They probably will be just baffled about the issue and I'll have to go to the store. I can already see it happening.

I've done all these things about a million times. Since we've noticed the problem. I guess I'll just have to give sprint a call today haha. They probably will be just baffled about the issue and I'll have to go to the store. I can already see it happening.

Find an app in the play store called "Refresh Customization." I had that problem on my S4T last summer. Once I ran the app (both steps) I had roaming back. Just one note, it will reset your home screens when you run it but it won't delete anything. You just have to set up all your apps and widgets again once you're done.

Sent from my Note 4.

Find an app in the play store called "Refresh Customization." I had that problem on my S4T last summer. Once I ran the app (both steps) I had roaming back. Just one note, it will reset your home screens when you run it but it won't delete anything. You just have to set up all your apps and widgets again once you're done.

Sent from my Note 4.

Okay I will try this Thx!

Any other news of lollipop? It's no longer on the Sprint support page, and I can't find any updated information on a new eta.

Last I heard it got pulled with a new target date of mid-late June.  Still no idea what the problem was.  Still haven't heard of anyone that actually got it for any length of time.  I'm beginning to wonder if they ever really did release it or if the whole thing was a data entry error.

I am OK with KitKat on my 720T, nothing really wrong with it. Since the latest update, the WiFi Calling is much better. Once it locks on to a WiFi, a few seconds later, the WiFi Calling locks on without me doing anything.

With all that said...getting the L update, will make my 720T feel like a new phone. Allowing me to stretch out the 720T until the Black Friday sale Best Buy always has...hoping to get a S6 for 1 buck. :-)

Talked to a friend this weekend that said a coworker with a GS4T was offered it last round but she had troubles getting it to install.

No word if she has seen it on this round yet.

If it rolls in serial order, then I'll be waiting a week or two.

I went through a crazy whirlwind from CM12.1 that ended with my phone being ODIN'd back to stock and a Factory Reset to boot.  Waiting on stock OD2 before venturing into the custom rom game again...

• 2 weeks later...

OD2 is posted for the 720T over at xda. There is the straight Google link or a download from mega.

So at least someone has seen it in the wild if they built a ROM for it.

Encouraging.

Does anyone know the rhyme or reason?

Do they go by market size, serial number or totally random?

I received the 5.0 update this morning OTA and have been running it since then. Everything seems ok so far - apart from the fact that the 500mb update downloaded by itself and used up alot of my data cap (I'm on a limited plan). Sprint were kind enough to credit my account for extra data though so all good in the end.

@mayhew77 do you have the 720 or the 720T? What is your speed like...not data speed, but operational speed of the device...launching apps..switching apps..texting..etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk