Samsung Galaxy S5 Announced - Launch Date 4/11/14

illest_ios

I just have no desire in increased specs except for battery life. We've kind of hit a wall performance wise. I mean, smartphones have better specs than most of our laptops. And my vision is not good enough to see anything finer than 1080p HD.

Until someone innovates something useful, I'm going to be sitting on the sidelines waiting for the next big thing. Wouldn't likely upgrade until I break something.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

says the guy with 18 phones... lol 

• Like 2

eye scanner? that so Star trek II Wrath of Khan...  not the new one the 1982 original crew one... im still waiting on tricorder sensors who cares if my phone can tell if the weather is changing big deal so does my knee.. in fact i can look out the window for that.. i want to know if there is any life around... i want to know if my supervisor is coming around the corner while im playing angry birds.. or @#!#@$ candy crush! ... give me some real functions on my phone... im also waiting for the Geiger counter sensor put on my phone... id expect this rather quickly in Asia who wants to go outside when a plume from fukishima comes over... lol 

I just have no desire in increased specs except for battery life. We've kind of hit a wall performance wise. I mean, smartphones have better specs than most of our laptops. And my vision is not good enough to see anything finer than 1080p HD.

Until someone innovates something useful, I'm going to be sitting on the sidelines waiting for the next big thing. Wouldn't likely upgrade until I break something.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

Who are you and what have you done with Robert?

Who are you and what have you done with Robbert?

Yeah, I know Robert.  But who is this "Robbert"?  Is he like Tom Crooze?

AJ

Why not wait to see what is in store for Q1-Q2 2014? I have the same phone as you do and while I am looking forward to upgrading , I want to future proof my choice as much as possible. I know that you can make the argument that the next big thing is always right around the corner but it just seems like my current upgrade cycle always puts me right at the edge of the next great phone....

I agree. I cracked my screen but I'm going to hold off on a new phone. My upgrade is 1/1 and if the M8 was not coming out in a couple of months I would get a Nexus 5.

the battery for this gs5 is rumored to be 4000mah?

I would love to upgrade but i think I kinda want the removable sd 

my evo lte sucks from being thrown so much .. so i hope it lasts

this does seem to be a good phone to hold onto for a couple of years... 

my evo lte sucks from being thrown so much

I think you recognize your own problem.

AJ

• Like 2

Yeah, I think its unnecessary as well, definitely overkill.  No way you would be able to tell the difference on a 5.25" screen.  

Along those lines, wouldn't content providers have to up their stream quality too? And would they do that for just one device? {For now} Granted, native content wouldn't have that issue.

the battery for this gs5 is rumored to be 4000mah?

I would love to upgrade but i think I kinda want the removable sd 

my evo lte sucks from being thrown so much .. so i hope it lasts

this does seem to be a good phone to hold onto for a couple of years... 

You could get an S4T.

I think you recognize your own problem.

AJ

Yeah, sprint kept telling me the phone was fine and had no reception issues even when his samsung was dl 3x faster than mine, I was told the bluetooth worked fine because he could connect to it... When I was explaining that mine wont stay connected no matter bt device i connect too.. lol 

Had to make it work somehow!

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like Samsung's going to introduce a plastic/metal version.  Somewhat disappointing that they're following apple's practices, but it does look like the specs are going to be a lot better from the S4, than the S3 to S4.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-57617141-1/samsung-galaxy-s5-packs-serious-power-report-says/

EDIT: After having an LCD screen on my G2, I don't think I can go to AMOLED anymore.

• Like 1

I would just want an battery over 3000mah and with a better camera for night shots!  Make it a Google play edition and it would be great!!!!     I hate the touch wiz.  Love the remote feature.  main thing that keeps me with Samsung is quality of the phone.  I had original s1,s2, now the s4.    

I would just want an battery over 3000mah and with a better camera for night shots! Make it a Google play edition and it would be great!!!! I hate the touch wiz. Love the remote feature. main thing that keeps me with Samsung is quality of the phone. I had original s1,s2, now the s4.

I'm kind of surprised you talked about Samsung and quality. I had three galaxy s2s and two had a gps issue, two had a battery issue and one had a charging port issue. Never had an issue with my HTC evo or my new nexus.

I'm kind of surprised you talked about Samsung and quality. I had three galaxy s2s and two had a gps issue, two had a battery issue and one had a charging port issue. Never had an issue with my HTC evo or my new nexus.

I had 6 bad EVO 4g's, not a single issue on the Note 2. Sometimes you just get unlucky I think.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I hope my next phone has IR remote built in.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I originally thought this feature was a joke when they announced it last year, but i use it all the time on my G2 and my htc one.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone post this anywhere on here yet? Maybe the S5 on the 24th? Eposidde one????

https://plus.google.com/u/0/explore/UNPACKED

Impressive if they get it out that soon.  Especially if it includes the Sprint spark version so close on the heels of the slow S4T rollout.

PDADB doesn't know about it yet, and there hasn't been an article here about a Band 26 S5 clearing the FCC.

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=pdamaster

Search on B26 "secondary cellular" and android OS to get all the Spark Android units in the PDADB database.

I think you're going to be waiting 60-120 days yet and they'll milk the time marketing and teasing it.

• Like 1

I hope it sticks with a 1920x1080 screen and not 2560x1440. You don't really need that many pixels on a 5" class screen and working with all the extra pixels needs more CPU/GPU horse power and would shorten the battery life. My note 2 isn't is only 1280x720 and it looks pretty sharp to my old eye on a screen that's bigger too..

The 24 is likely to show off and announce one with nothing shipping for a while. The episode one part makes me think there will be more than one S5 in coming months. Maybe a high $ metal one and a plastic one.