It's Out!!!! (iOS 7.x Jailbreak)

anthony.spina97

Go to evasi0n.com to download it. Compatible with all devices that can run iOS 7.x.

NOTE: Make sure your make a back up of your device. If you are having trouble with jailbreaking the device, and your method of updating your device is OTA, then do a full restore in iTunes and you should be good to go. BTW, any tweaks relying on Moblie Substrate may not work correctly, so watch out for that until an update is released.

Jailbreak on!

-Anthony

• Like 6

Go to evasi0n.com to download it. Compatible with all devices that can run iOS 7.x.

NOTE: Make sure your make a back up of your device. If you are having trouble with jailbreaking the device, and your method of updating your device is OTA, then do a full restore in iTunes and you should be good to go. BTW, any tweaks relying on Moblie Substrate may not work correctly, so watch out for that until an update is released.

Jailbreak on!

-Anthony

This will help me get to the engineering screen on my iPad. 

I've been planning to switch to Sprint for the $15   2 gig plan for a while. Now I can track the 800mhz lte deployment.

With a jailbreak (never done it so I already apologize), can i change/update the preference for 1x 1900 vs 800 and also LTE band 25 vs 26?

If so, I will do this in a heart beat.

Digiblur has created some 1x800 priority PRLs that are available to Sponsors and Premium members. Here's the instructions that I followed and put together back on the 6.1.2 jailbreak to swap PRLs out; I would assume this would work similar with iOS 7 (won't have a chance to try for a couple of days):

(ironically it references Digi's PRL explanations):

http://www.howardfor...orce-it-to-Roam

You'll need a Jailbroken iPhone, and download paid apps iFile & Tetherme (Tetherme is not mentioned in the instructions, but is necessary). From there, the other problem I had was finding a way to actually push the PRL file over from my computer to the phone (I have a Mac at home, you'll need to look for a way to do it from a PC), which after doing some research I was able to accomplish using the bonjour function in Safari. The instructions are geared towards loading VZW PRL and forcing roaming (which works well), but you can load any PRL using this method. Good luck!

• Like 1

Signal 2 works for seeing what LTE band you're on once jailbroken. I had it on my 4S, but it wasn't as useful since that phone doesn't have LTE. 

This is way easier than having to type in the code for the engineering screen now. Is there a way to make shortcuts to Field Test mode on the iPhone when it is jailbroken?

iPhone 5C:

3AA1B1BF-EACD-4193-986F-224A92DEFBCA.png

Signal 2 works for seeing what LTE band you're on once jailbroken. I had it on my 4S, but it wasn't as useful since that phone doesn't have LTE.

This is way easier than having to type in the code for the engineering screen now. Is there a way to make shortcuts to Field Test mode on the iPhone when it is jailbroken?

iPhone 5C:

3AA1B1BF-EACD-4193-986F-224A92DEFBCA.png

Sadly Signal 2 doesn't work on iOS 7 yet :(

Now if only any usefull tweaks worked.. Just gotta wait for the updates :(

Yeah, I don't think iFile is ready yet, just tried to push over one of Digi's 800 priority PRLs and phone went to "No Service" and couldn't ##UPDATE# to reset the PRL (would give an unknown error). Reset Network settings, no help. Restoring from back up now, hopefully I still have a phone when it's done.

EDIT: all restored and back to normal. Now off to JB it again!

• Like 1

Yeah, I don't think iFile is ready yet, just tried to push over one of Digi's 800 priority PRLs and phone went to "No Service" and couldn't ##UPDATE# to reset the PRL (would give an unknown error). Reset Network settings, no help. Restoring from back up now, hopefully I still have a phone when it's done. EDIT: all restored and back to normal. Now off to JB it again!

Yeah I did that too, had to restore and rejailbreak. Hopefully we'll figure out how to get it to work.

I'm getting this on both iFile & Tetherme (both necessary to swap PRLs):

se6ejeha.jpg

Yeah, they just aren't ipdated for iOS 7 yet, so you may have problems with them, but prl swapping aint working though. Anything that uses Mobile Substrate may mess up your device also, so steer clear of that until they release an update.

Is there a way to make shortcuts to Field Test mode on the iPhone when it is jailbroken?

I know there was a way to do this, I used to just have the shortcut app right on my home screen but for the life of me I can't remember how I got it. A simple workaround for me is to just use the dialer; since I rarely ever actually *dial* a phone number (if I use the phone it's typically out of my contact list or direct dial from a Google search) I just leave *3001#12345#* as the active number, so even if I close the phone app I just have to open it up, hit call (brings back the most recently dialed number) and then call again. Not as easy as a home screen short cut, but works well for me.

• Like 1

Will there be a work around for Sensorly to work on iPhones now?

I think that the issue with this was previously that Apple didn't make the APIs necessary for Sensorly public. So even with a jailbreak, the information that Sensorly needs just isn't available.

I think that the issue with this was previously that Apple didn't make the APIs necessary for Sensorly public. So even with a jailbreak, the information that Sensorly needs just isn't available.

Not public doesn't mean not known, it just means only the OS vendor is allowed to use them.  The issue is that had Sensorly used non-public APIs, Apple could have pulled the app from the store.  Sensorly has floated the possibility of using Cydia for distribution of a proper app that does the things the iOS version can't do.

• Like 1

Mobile substrate isn't updated for iOS 7 so don't expect many tweaks to work. Many of them rely on it. Saurik didn't have the opportunity to package one due to the sudden release. The developers were unaware as well so it'll be a little more time before they actually update their apps.

In short... It was poorly thought out. I'm waiting for the second release which will include a packaged mobile substrate updated for iOS 7.

• Like 1

Mobile substrate isn't updated for iOS 7 so don't expect many tweaks to work. Many of them rely on it. Saurik didn't have the opportunity to package one due to the sudden release. The developers were unaware as well so it'll be a little more time before they actually update their apps.

In short... It was poorly thought out. I'm waiting for the second release which will include a packaged mobile substrate updated for iOS 7.

Yeah the update for mobile substrate should be out in the next week or so. Saurik is also working on an iOS 7 build of Cydia also, which he says he submitted to the Evad3rs to use in the jailbreak, but they didn't use it for whatever reason. I've got mine jailbroken just so that I can use iFile and such, but until they release updates for everything, that's about all that I'm doing.

Yeah the update for mobile substrate should be out in the next week or so. Saurik is also working on an iOS 7 build of Cydia also, which he says he submitted to the Evad3rs to use in the jailbreak, but they didn't use it for whatever reason. I've got mine jailbroken just so that I can use iFile and such, but until they release updates for everything, that's about all that I'm doing.

I jailbroke my dad's old iPhone 4 since he recently got the 5S two weeks ago. It'll be my testing platform until the evad3rs come out with another revision. Or maybe another essentials upgrade might pop up in Cydia later this week or in the coming weeks.

• Like 1