iPhone 5 Facts/Rumors

legion125

I can't see an iPhone with a 4.5" screen. It just seems too large for Apple to want one that big. But with Apple, they like to give surprises, lol. I just hope the home screen has more apps than the current setup if the screen is bigger.

Sent from Joshs iPhone 3Gs using Forum Runner

Waiting to see if Apple is going to pull the old "Classic Coke New Coke" gambit where they upgrade the 4S but keep the same size screen and make the iPhone 5 with a bigger screen.

Waiting to see if Apple is going to pull the old "Classic Coke New Coke" gambit where they upgrade the 4S but keep the same size screen and make the iPhone 5 with a bigger screen.

I don't expect an upgrade to the 4S. But I do expect them to keep the 4 in the line-up at 8GB, the 4S at 8GB or 16GB, and start the 5 at 16GB or maybe even start at 32GB and go as high as 128GB. Now that would be exciting. In addition, depending on storage and LTE chipsets, I expect the 5 could start $50 higher than the 4S prices.

I don't believe Sprint sells an eight gigabyte version of the 4S.763ce0a1.jpg

If that's in response to my last post:

I don't expect an upgrade to the 4S. But I do expect them to keep the 4 in the line-up at 8GB, the 4S at 8GB or 16GB, and start the 5 at 16GB or maybe even start at 32GB and go as high as 128GB. Now that would be exciting. In addition, depending on storage and LTE chipsets, I expect the 5 could start $50 higher than the 4S prices.

I'm just guessing how Apple will setup the next iPhone for release in the fall. There were talks that the 4S could have 128GB of storage, however that never happened, so I'm speculating on the iPhone 5 release. I would hope that the 4S never comes in 8GB. The OS file is just getting too big now for an 8GB phone.

I cant see apple changing the price. Its not their style really. Also I think this is the year we see apple make 32Gbs the standard. Android phones come with 16GBs standard now with expandable memory, and the price of storage has dropped significantly since they made 16GBs the standard. iPad 3 LTE is at the same price point of the iPad 2 3G.

If that's in response to my last post:

I'm just guessing how Apple will setup the next iPhone for release in the fall. There were talks that the 4S could have 128GB of storage' date=' however that never happened, so I'm speculating on the iPhone 5 release. I would hope that the 4S never comes in 8GB. The OS file is just getting too big now for an 8GB phone.[/quote']

My apologies, I misread your post. I thought you were saying that there is an 8GB 4S. 128GB is almost the capacity of my laptop hard drive, I wouldn't even know what to do with all that memory! lol

My apologies, I misread your post. I thought you were saying that there is an 8GB 4S. 128GB is almost the capacity of my laptop hard drive, I wouldn't even know what to do with all that memory! lol

I could put a ton of videos on my phone and the watching time would never end. :)

I'm currently trying to decide whether to get the 4G LTE or wait and see what iPhone comes out with a larger screen and lte....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I saw a supposed leak picture of the new iPod Touch screen and it looks like a 4" screen. If the new iPhone has the same size screen, with LTE, perhaps it may be worth it :D

Otherwise EVO LTE it is!

I saw a supposed leak picture of the new iPod Touch screen and it looks like a 4" screen. If the new iPhone has the same size screen, with LTE, perhaps it may be worth it :D

Otherwise EVO LTE it is!

http://www.bgr.com/2...play-leak-part/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Interesting to see how this will play out when fall time comes.

Where is the earpiece hole? If that tiny hole is the earpiece' date=' where is the front camera hole? Probably a fake 3D printed part and not very well thought out either.[/quote']This panel is supposedly from the next gen iPod touch which is why there is no earpiece hole.

I hope they make the screen wider as well. It would look stupid if it was only longer.

This panel is supposedly from the next gen iPod touch which is why there is no earpiece hole.

I hope they make the screen wider as well. It would look stupid if it was only longer.

Here's a great write-up on the screen size and resolution: http://gizmodo.com/5912327/why-the-next-iphone-wont-be-169

You guys need to take off those beer goggles that apple slipped on you and realize they have always brought "innovation" 2 years late. Stand in line like cattle at the farm and hook up your utters for your yearly milking. :)

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

• Like 1

Stand in line like cattle at the farm and hook up your utters for your yearly milking. :)

Is "breasts" the word that shall not be uddered?

;)

AJ

Little Bo Teat uttered; "Her udders utterly hang down to her feet!"

I was udderly disappointed when I found out that she was stuffing her bra.

AJ

I needed this humorous break from the iPhoniac banter. Baa baa iSheep, have you any wool? :hee:

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Why don't you guys try to get it back on track by stating something on topic? :)

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Say what you will about Apple and the "distortion" field they've always been able to generate. But you can't deny that they have absolutely pushed the innovation envelope with displays. Putting in the retina display on the iphone while android phones were all 800x480. Then adding the retina display to the ipad while android tablets are all 1280x800 or smaller. I really wish someone like Samsung or Motorola would try to push the envelope sometime on hardware components, and not just the processors.

Say what you will about Apple and the "distortion" field they've always been able to generate. But you can't deny that they have absolutely pushed the innovation envelope with displays. Putting in the retina display on the iphone while android phones were all 800x480. Then adding the retina display to the ipad while android tablets are all 1280x800 or smaller. I really wish someone like Samsung or Motorola would try to push the envelope sometime on hardware components, and not just the processors.

Apple just uses an lcd display. You can argue resolution. But retina means nothing. Its just a word apple made up.

In fact when thier ipad didn't meet thier definition they made for the iphone. They just changed the definition.

(not arguing that thier screens dont look nice. They do.)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2