How to Spot Sprint 8T8R TD-LTE RRHs (Alcatel-Lucent)

lilotimz

Alcatel-Lucent TD-RRH8X20-25 & RRH8x20-B

Here are images of a full build Sprint Alcatel-Lucent Network Vision cell site with the addition of the new Sprint NV 2.5 8T8R B41 equipment. The photographs  below should assist in easily identifying the new equipment Sprint is now deploying nationwide in its Alcatel-Lucent markets. 

Full Build Sprint Network Vision cell site with NV 2.5 addition

Note the placement of the new NV 2.5 RRHs and the slightly smaller 8T8R antennas. 

0Bar63G.png

Y8bcKAf.png

MhEVGkM.jpg

VRLmkUf.jpg

wYTnGe3.jpg

dES41fv.jpg

Back

WiPODm2.jpg

KXWOsgQ.jpg

b2UuszM.jpg

V4oj53u.jpg

xKhBrHU.jpg

RFS APXVTM14-C-120

An Album of NV 2.5 and NV 1.0 Equipment

Photographs from FCC & CDK & kvnjcby & others who took t he pictures

• Like 17

Sweet. Do we have regions yet, Tim or are they sticking with the NV1.0 regions?

Should stay in their own regions. Clearwire markets with Samsung TDD gear are the exception as Samsung TDD gear are found in every vendor region. Other than the clearwire markets all the rest will be the same vendor other than Ericsson which is replaced by Nokia Solutions & Networks. 

• Like 4

Should stay in their own regions. Clearwire markets with Samsung TDD gear are the exception as Samsung TDD gear are found in every vendor region. Other than the clearwire markets all the rest will be the same vendor other than Ericsson which is replaced by Nokia Solutions & Networks.

Not to hi-jack the thread, but I'm wondering what they're going to do in places like here in Columbus (Samsung NV). We have active B41 on the Clearwire Huawei SingleRAN Dual-mode WiMAX/LTE RRUs.

Not to hi-jack the thread, but I'm wondering what they're going to do in places like here in Columbus (Samsung NV). We have active B41 on the Clearwire Huawei SingleRAN Dual-mode WiMAX/LTE RRUs.

Q2-Q3(?) 2014 replace with new gear from the vendors responsible for that region as Clearwire & Sprint cell sites get consolidated and NV 2.0 deployment is well underway nationwide over the Sprint network. 

• Like 1

Q2-Q3(?) 2014 replace with new gear from the vendors responsible for that region as Clearwire & Sprint cell sites get consolidated and NV 2.0 deployment is well underway nationwide over the Sprint network. 

Thank you sir. I know they had to get rid of the Huawei per agreement, but was lost when they decided to go ahead and fire up B41 first. Alright, everyone return to your regularly scheduled program.

• Like 1

First, these may not start showing up at Clear sites until middle of 1st Quarter 2014. But for those in A/L markets, please keep an eye out for them sooner. I'm so glad that I'm the FCC OET Reporter for this site. It's so much fun to find stuff and share with everyone. I'll be writing an article soon.

• Like 9

I'm glad Ericsson isn't the vendor for TDD. Who was the vendor for the east texas markets for clear ? 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

For Clear since all their band 41 stuff usually includes WiMAX too, I think it has to be Samsung.

well since there will be two different venders from nv1 and band 41 will that cause any issues with handoffs and playing nice with each other?

well since there will be two different venders from nv1 and band 41 will that cause any issues with handoffs and playing nice with each other?

Wait, are you talking about Clear or Sprint now? Regardless, handoffs between band 41 and any other FDD band will be hard due to the nature of the beast, but it shouldn't be a big deal.

Wait, are you talking about Clear or Sprint now? Regardless, handoffs between band 41 and any other FDD band will be hard due to the nature of the beast, but it shouldn't be a big deal.

I was talking about sprint. Well I mean on the nexus it has either a 1x/evdo connection or 4g. But if it connects to b41 it'll take longer to connect back to other LTE in markets it does not have the same equipment as the cdma/ b25/b26 equipment. Maybe it won't be a bog deal but hopefully everything can be integrated with as little trouble

I was talking about sprint. Well I mean on the nexus it has either a 1x/evdo connection or 4g. But if it connects to b41 it'll take longer to connect back to other LTE in markets it does not have the same equipment as the cdma/ b25/b26 equipment. Maybe it won't be a bog deal but hopefully everything can be integrated with as little trouble

When band 41 gets too weak to use, I believe it scans for networks it can use again and will (likely) attach to another LTE band. Also, for Ericsson markets band 41 deployment will be done by NSN.

• Like 1

Inter Vendor compatibility and handoffs (FDD & TDD) have been solved long ago. B41 to B25 and B25 to B41 handoffs occur in less than a second which is unnoticeable in every day usage. 

• Like 1

Is this a picture in the wild?  San Diego. Mounted today.

No idea, I was going to ask if anyone (of those who like to go thru FCC docs) knew what the antenna for the Al Lu TD-LTE looked like?

To me, they look like Alcatel-Lucent TD-RRH8X20-25s from the pictures at the top but I am not sure

No idea, I was going to ask if anyone (of those who like to go thru FCC docs) knew what the antenna for the Al Lu TD-LTE looked like?

No harder than handoff between FDD bands, i.e. bad.  I am very displeased with the single radio path Sprint is taking with their new devices.  Korea and Japan are showing off 2-3 band LTE-A carrier aggregation and we are cutting radios out of handsets.  Sweet life, Sprint.   :td:

• Like 1

No harder than handoff between FDD bands, i.e. bad. I am very displeased with the single radio path Sprint is taking with their new devices. Korea and Japan are showing off 2-3 band LTE-A carrier aggregation and we are cutting radios out of handsets. Sweet life, Sprint. :td:

It's not just Sprint. Tmo and AT&T devices are the same way. Verizon is the only hold out left.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2