iPhone and lte

Turboxsloth

In the "Current Sprint PRLs" thread in General topics, digiblur says that it sounds like it may be a legacy non-LTE prl, and I think it's safe to assume that it may be a mix-up on Sprints end. I doubt they would purposely force us off of LTE, because I see no benefit to Sprint in that.

Thanks for the clarification. I'll head over to that thread and see what's the fuss.

• Like 1

In the "Current Sprint PRLs" thread in General topics, digiblur says that it sounds like it may be a legacy non-LTE prl, and I think it's safe to assume that it may be a mix-up on Sprints end. I doubt they would purposely force us off of LTE, because I see no benefit to Sprint in that.

Talk about incompetence. Whoever was responsible should be fired.

• Like 1

Not just iPhone forced off LTE with this PRL, my G2 has it and wife said her PRL updated at work, but I dunno what number HTC one is. Haven't done PRL on my iPhone 4S or my gs3 yet. May not until this gets sorted.

Sent from my LG-LS980 (G2) using Tapatalk

Talk about incompetence. Whoever was responsible should be fired.

On the bright side, maybe we'll be able to confirm the theory that the flood of upgraded iPhones this fall was largely responsible for the reduction in LTE speed & SNR there ;-)

• Like 1

On the bright side, maybe we'll be able to confirm the theory that the flood of upgraded iPhones this fall was largely responsible for the reduction in LTE speed & SNR there ;-)

That could work, except, I don't think many iPhones will get this prl as (to my knowledge) it wasn't pushed. I manually did a ##update# to get it. I usually check for updates once a week. Just so happens I pulled one that disabled the biggest feature of my phone. Hopefully, Sprint has a plan with this mistake.

Did the update PRL again, and it updated to 55017 this morning...apparently they caught their mistake rather quickly. Still won't be out until later today in definite LTE territory to see what this does for my G2, but hopefully LTE is restored.

*edit*

My GS3 updated to 25017...so, **017 is apparently the one they meant to push...and **017 should be what phones are going to. going to check the HTC One right now and update PRL on it. I'm sure it'll roll to 55017 too.

I could be wrong, but I believe that for iPhone users you can restore your phone as new and go through the activation screens. This should reset the factory PRL to 31000 (or whatever it is) which I believe is LTE without roaming. You can then restore your phone from a backup. I'm not worried about it b/c I have neither LTE or SMR near me, but I think that should work.

If it was a mistake, it's one that shouldn't have lasted longer than an hour.

Except for the fact that the only people who manually update their PRL are us here...which in the scheme of things is minuscule to Sprint. I bet the issue won't bubble up to them for a few days at best more from new activations than people updating their PRL.

Except for the fact that the only people who manually update their PRL are us here...which in the scheme of things is minuscule to Sprint. I bet the issue won't bubble up to them for a few days at best more from new activations than people updating their PRL.

That could be a good possibility. Could a customer service rep push a prl to your phone if I tell them this problem?

That's not entirely true. Don't forget: Sprint's #1 customer care quick-fix is always a PRL update.

• Like 1

That could be a good possibility. Could a customer service rep push a prl to your phone if I tell them this problem?

You can try, but I just called in to try and make them aware of the issue and the guy had no idea what I was even talking about, "a PRL simply tells your phone what towers are around you and selects the best one..." Then I dropped the call because, well that's what happens in my market when I go from a NV to legacy tower. I'm cool with it though....

That's not entirely true. Don't forget: Sprint's #1 customer care quick-fix is always a PRL update.

Well yes, it is, however there has to be an updated PRL to be pushed to your phone...their first go to move is to tell you to update your PRL, however the running humor in that is that does absolutely nothing for you if you're already on the most up to date PRL - which in this case is 60657. The fix need to come from wherever the PRLs are updated and pushed out to the devices, then "updating the PRL" will in fact fix the problem. Again, I go back to the fact that the quantity of Sprint users that has updated their PRL in the past 24 hours is probably in the single digits (us on this forum), and the only way that I know of to bring awareness to them is by customers calling in. Bottom line - this is yet another self-imposed debacle....WTF.

I have tried to update today also, because it seems that 60657 also doesn't allow roaming, considering I'm at school where I always get 5 bars of Extended 1x/3G on my iPhone 5 but right now I am currently getting "No Service" and "Searching" constantly :td::wall:

If you're still on 60657 update your PRL again (##UPDATE#) and you should get 51099. Worked for myself as well as others here. I'm not in an LTE area so I can't say you'll connect back, but logic would say 51099 is the next progression after 51098 and therefore your LTE scan should once again be active.

• Like 1

51099 was fixed in the system. You can update now.

Putting aside this whole 60657 debacle (thanks for taking the lead and getting it fixed BTW) you have any way of seeing what changes 51099 brings to 51098?