HTC M8/New Flagship

Paynefanbro

I am going to be all over this when it comes out no matter what but I really hope they do something about their rf issues. The nexus 5 got me really spoiled right now.

• Like 1

I hope HTC doesn't use the S800 processor for their 2014 flagship phone.  Qualcomm always announces 1 or 2 new chipsets at CES for that year.  I really hope HTC uses the latest Qualcomm chip in Jan 2014 just like they did this year in 2013 by using the S600 chip announced in Jan 2013 vs. the S4 Pro announced in 2012.  I have a feeling the GS5 will be using the latest Qualcomm chip announced at CES 2014.  HTC needs to keep up with the pack.

I hope HTC doesn't use the S800 processor for their 2014 flagship phone.  Qualcomm always announces 1 or 2 new chipsets at CES for that year.  I really hope HTC uses the latest Qualcomm chip in Jan 2014 just like they did this year in 2013 by using the S600 chip announced in Jan 2013 vs. the S4 Pro announced in 2012.  I have a feeling the GS5 will be using the latest Qualcomm chip announced at CES 2014.  HTC needs to keep up with the pack.

At this point it doesn't matter as much to me anymore, it's about software optimizations. The gs4 and the one has the same processor with the gs4 clocked at a higher speed and the one kills it when it comes to responsiveness. I definitely won't complain if the next version of the One has an s800.

• Like 1

At this point it doesn't matter as much to me anymore, it's about software optimizations. The gs4 and the one has the same processor with the gs4 clocked at a higher speed and the one kills it when it comes to responsiveness. I definitely won't complain if the next version of the One has an s800.

The Moto X is a great example of this.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

That is true.  What HTC needs to do is take some of the things they did right and wrong with the HTC One and HTC One Max and add/remove them for the HTC Two.

Stuff that needs to be included in the HTC Two

- Keep OIS in the camera.  Do not take it out like with the HTC One Max.  Smartphone cameras are one of the most important smartphone features nowadays.

- Not sure how I feel about UltraPixel.  Either way if HTC sticks with Ultrapixel they need to up it to at least 8 Ultrapixel camera or ditch it for at least a 13 MP camera.

- 5 to 5.2 inch screen

- 3 GB RAM

- Keep front facing Boom speakers.

- Add minimum Snapdragon 800 chip if not the latest and greatest chip announced at CES from Qualcomm in 2014.

- Give it a beefier battery than 2300 maH.  If they want to play with the big boys, they should try to match LG G2 and put at least a 3000 maH battery for a 5 to 5.2 inch screen.

- Add SD card slot by making the back removable like they did with HTC One Max.

- Keep the Pogo pins like the HTC One Max for accessibility to other accessories.

- A ROM that is based off of Android 4.4 

That is true.  What HTC needs to do is take some of the things they did right and wrong with the HTC One and HTC One Max and add/remove them for the HTC Two.

- Keep OIS in the camera.  Do not take it out like with the HTC One Max.  Smartphone cameras are one of the most important smartphone features nowadays.

- Not sure how I feel about UltraPixel.  Either way if HTC sticks with Ultrapixel they need to up it to at least 8 Ultrapixel camera or ditch it for at least a 13 MP camera.

- 5 to 5.2 inch screen

- 3 GB RAM

- Add minimum Snapdragon 800 chip if not the latest and greatest chip announced at CES from Qualcomm in 2014.

- Give it a beefier battery than 2300 maH.  If they want to play with the big boys, they should try to match LG G2 and put at least a 3000 maH battery for a 5 to 5.2 inch screen.

- Keep the Pogo pins like the HTC One Max for accessibility to other accessories.

- Android 4.4 stock

I don't know why you put stock android 4.4. That's unrealistic and you know they are not going to do that lol. Its not a nexus device dude.

• Like 1

- 5 to 5.2 inch screen

- 3 GB RAM

- Android 4.4 stock

-100% agree on OIS.

-I will fight you tooth and nail with is the "MP" count.  This has always been one of the WORST selling points of cameras for years and I'm sure others will agree with me on that.  It is all about the sensor and the ultra-pixel sensor has been one of the best I have used on a phone outside of the Sony cybershot cameras.  The WHOLE point of a 4MP camera is that most people will use the pictures on their phone or computer/ TV screen.  8.1 MP, which is my DSLRs sensor size, is HUGE and fits on only 4k UHD TV’s.  Unless people are printing a picture BIGGER than 9x16, 4MP is perfect for them.

-agree as long as form factor remains similar or even smaller

-agreed

-agreed again, this is one of the best selling points since the kickstand

-Don’t think the processing is going to matter much since I don’t game anyways.

-Increasing the battery will make the phone thicker, which I don’t mind, however with the whole point of phones being thin is to beat the competition and make a phone as thin as possible which means smaller batteries to accommodate for the newer tech.  I’m ok with a thicker phone, but most would say “oh, it’s thicker than X phone” and blah.

-With the network expanding and unlimited data, streaming is where it’s at.

-know nothing about this

-4.4 should be a no brainer.

I don't know why you put stock android 4.4. That's unrealistic and you know they are not going to do that lol. Its not a nexus device dude.

Re-read the phrase "android 4.4 stock". This does not mean nexus 4.4 stock. This just means the baseline of the htc rom needs to be based off of the android 4.4 stock baseline. Apparently you havent heard when people refer to wanting the stock rom to be android 4.x.x they really mean just the andrioid code base of the rom with the ui skin. Of course non nexus phones cant be 100% stock.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Re-read the phrase "android 4.4 stock". This does not mean nexus 4.4 stock. This just means the baseline of the htc rom needs to be based off of the android 4.4 stock baseline. Apparently you havent heard when people refer to wanting the stock rom to be android 4.x.x they really mean just the andrioid code base of the rom with the ui skin. Of course non nexus phones cant be 100% stock.

Oh you could have just said android 4.4 because that statement confused me lol my bad

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Oh you could have just said android 4.4 because that statement confused me lol my bad 

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Its all good.  Its just what I see people say.  But no matter what, no one assumes that a non-Nexus device will get pure stock Android.

• Like 1

- 5 to 5.2 inch screen

- 3 GB RAM

- Android 4.4 stock

I agree with everything you said but I prefer sense over stock android and as long as it comes with at least 32gb of memory then an sd card slot isn't as important to me as it once was.

• Like 1

The Moto X is a great example of this.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

About the Moto X, that has got to be the cheapest feeling phone ever made.  I played with one the other day for the first time and when I picked it up I thought it was a dummy model but it turned out that it wasn't, LOL.  

About the Moto X, that has got to be the cheapest feeling phone ever made.  I played with one the other day for the first time and when I picked it up I thought it was a dummy model but it turned out that it wasn't, LOL.

I felt the same way. It felt like a toy. I couldn't quite figure out why I felt that way at the time, but it nagged me the whole time while I tried to play with it.

If this phone has better RF performance than the EVO 4G LTE, I might get it.

I'm pretty sure that my Evo 3D just about has better LTE performance than the Evo LTE...

• Like 6

I felt the same way. It felt like a toy. I couldn't quite figure out why I felt that way at the time, but it nagged me the whole time while I tried to play with it.

I have had that "dummy" or "toy" experience before with some recent Samsung handsets.  That is disappointing a similar "cheap" feel extends to the Moto X, as the design looks impressive in pictures.  And Moto Maker customization is reportedly coming to Sprint soon.

http://gigaom.com/2013/11/08/moto-maker-might-be-coming-to-sprint-t-mobile-and-verizon-by-next-week/

I suppose a handset made in the US forgoes cheap Chinese labor, so it goes with cheap materials to compensate.  A shame...

AJ

• Like 2

I agree with everything you said but I prefer sense over stock android and as long as it comes with at least 32gb of memory then an sd card slot isn't as important to me as it once was.

ARGH!!!! Why does everyone assume when people say "Android 4.4 stock" to mean the pure Nexus 4.4 stock ROM????? Obviously HTC is going to add HTC Sense to their Android 4.4 ROM.  What I mean is that the stock ROM that will be released is going to be based off of Android 4.4.  I guess I should edit my post to make it less confusing.

ARGH!!!! Why does everyone assume when people say "Android 4.4 stock" to mean the pure Nexus 4.4 stock ROM????? Obviously HTC is going to add HTC Sense to their Android 4.4 ROM.  What I mean is that the stock ROM that will be released is going to be based off of Android 4.4.  I guess I should edit my post to make it less confusing.

Sorry but that was kinda your fault with the way you said it. If you said Android 4.4 then what would have been fine but you said 4.4 stock which is vanilla Android.

• Like 2

Sorry but that was kinda your fault with the way you said it. If you said Android 4.4 then what would have been fine but you said 4.4 stock which is vanilla Android.

I guess...but IMO it's kind of silly to think that the htc rom will not have htc sense. Also vanilla Android is referred as "stock android"... not" Android stock". Either way it's been corrected to avoid confusion.

If u hear tech blogs say..."The phone comes shipped with android 4.4 stock". That is what I am referring to.