Breaking Band: Tri-band LTE / eCSFB issues thread

I have mentioned this to you before bro (and numerous other members, Its probably B26 lacking eCSFB, just throw your phone onto LTE only mode, till the issue is resolved. 

And for the record, the N5's radio smokes the GS4..

I don't have b26 enabled on this replacement n5. So does that make a difference?

Edit:  to clarify, you say that b26 can cause its own ecsfb issues.  My question is if it's not even enabled, can it still cause issues on NV sites?  

P.S. I hope you're right when you say the n5's radio "smokes" that in the gs4.  But words are only words.  Say what you like but in my own experience, day in and day out, it consistently fails to pull LTE where other Sprint LTE triband devices do..including the GS4.  Words mean nothing when confronted with daily performance.  Or maybe something else is going on but what I'm saying is true.  I live it everyday.  At least here where I live, work and play.

I don't have b26 enabled on this replacement n5. So does that make a difference?

Edit:  to clarify, you say that b26 can cause its own ecsfb issues.  My question is if it's not even enabled, can it still cause issues on NV sites?  

P.S. I hope you're right when you say the n5's radio "smokes" that in the gs4.  But words are only words.  Say what you like but in my own experience, day in and day out, it consistently fails to pull LTE where other Sprint LTE triband devices do..including the GS4.  Words mean nothing when confronted with daily performance.  Or maybe something else is going on but what I'm saying is true.  I live it everyday.  At least here where I live, work and play.

I don't know for a fact that it would still cause issues after you disable the band. But it seems in your case it could still be causing unforeseen issues. But again, its simple to test, just try to force LTE only mode to confirm that is indeed the issue.

Also, about the N5 having the best radio, it's a general consensus observed by pretty much every other member of S4GRU thus far. (radio .15 does amplify that lead in performance.)

• Like 1

But again, its simple to test, just try to force LTE only mode to confirm that is indeed the issue.

What do you guys who do lte only do about MMS? And now that groove ip is dying this week, what are some other solutions?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I don't know for a fact that it would still cause issues after you disable the band. But it seems in your case it could still be causing unforeseen issues. But again, its simple to test, just try to force LTE only mode to confirm that is indeed the issue.

Also, about the N5 having the best radio, it's a general consensus observed by pretty much every other member of S4GRU thus far. (radio .15 does amplify that lead in performance.)

Then maybe that's the problem.  I actually HOPE that's the problem because that means that it would go away in time.  As for the other members, all of that is irrelevant to me because here where I am, the issues with this phone are happening (there is no clearer way to say it).  I only am concerned with how things are here since here - as I've already stated - is where I live..where I work..and where I play.  

Then maybe that's the problem.  I actually HOPE that's the problem because that means that it would go away in time.  As for the other members, all of that is irrelevant to me because here where I am, the issues with this phone are happening (there is no clearer way to say it).  I only am concerned with how things are here since here - as I've already stated - is where I live..where I work..and where I play.  

But you don't need to "HOPE" you can confirm it yourself. Have you tried forcing "LTE ONLY" mode???

But you don't need to "HOPE" you can confirm it yourself. Have you tried forcing "LTE ONLY" mode???

He stated in his original post that it doesn't work even when it is in LTE Only Mode.

-Anthony

• Like 1

He stated in his original post that it doesn't work even when it is in LTE Only Mode.

-Anthony

There is no situation where a GS4 will pick up LTE where the N5 cannot...unless its a eCSFB issue, and forcing it would alleviate that..

• Like 1

Then maybe that's the problem. I actually HOPE that's the problem because that means that it would go away in time. As for the other members, all of that is irrelevant to me because here where I am, the issues with this phone are happening (there is no clearer way to say it). I only am concerned with how things are here since here - as I've already stated - is where I live..where I work..and where I play.

Have you successfully picked up any LTE with your Nexus 5? If not, I would try re-seating the SIM card.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Have you successfully picked up any LTE with your Nexus 5? If not, I would try re-seating the SIM card.

Yes, has a SIM card issue been ruled out?  If this is the same SIM across multiple problematic handsets, at least one common denominator is clear...

AJ

• Like 2

There is no situation where a GS4 will pick up LTE where the N5 cannot...unless its a eCSFB issue, and forcing it would alleviate that..

Oh I'm not saying it makes sense, because it doesn't. I was just pointing out the fact that he already mentioned LTE Only Mode. :)

-Anthony

Oh I'm not saying it makes sense, because it doesn't. I was just pointing out the fact that he already mentioned LTE Only Mode. :)

-Anthony

i just hope he is forcing it properly, and not just enabling LTE only on the settings menu (which im sure was pointed out before), that does cause some confusion.

• Like 1

i just hope he is forcing it properly, and not just enabling LTE only on the settings menu (which im sure was pointed out before), that does cause some confusion.

I'm new to this triband business. What is the correct way?

On a N5 its

*#*#4636#*#* on dialer

click phone information

scroll down to set preferred network type and select LTE only..

Ah ok. I thought there was something else. Same thing in s5.

Ah ok. I thought there was something else. Same thing in s5.

There is also another option in the settings menu that's LTE only as well, and has caused some confusion.

I force it properly.  At least that's what SHE says.

Will an unactivated phone show an lte signal strength on Scp. I am trying to figure out if I am having ecsfb issues on my s5

You should still be able to see signal strength. eCSFB issues are area related, what area are you in?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

You should still be able to see signal strength. eCSFB issues are area related, what area are you in?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Oklahoma City. Based upon the OK thread Ericson has some issues the tower is newly updated

Oklahoma City. Based upon the OK thread Ericson has some issues the tower is newly updated

Yeah with new LTE towers in Ericson markets it takes about a week for the software to be updated for eCSFB. I'm in an Ericson market as well (Missouri market)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Will an unactivated phone show an lte signal strength on Scp. I am trying to figure out if I am having ecsfb issues on my s5

I have found LTE signal availability within SignalCheck on unregistered devices to vary by device.. YMMV.

My unregistered EVO LTE (previously active on Sprint) will not connect to LTE or show any LTE information.

My unregistered Galaxy Victory always shows all LTE information.

When inserting an unregistered T-Mobile SIM in my N5, it connects to LTE and shows all LTE data for about 10 seconds before dropping down to HSPA+, then will not connect to LTE again without a full reboot.

When inserting an unregistered AT&T SIM in my N5, it never connects to LTE or shows any LTE data. In fact, I don't think it shows any connections at all.

-Mike

I have found LTE signal availability within SignalCheck on unregistered devices to vary by device.. YMMV.

My unregistered EVO LTE (previously active on Sprint) will not connect to LTE or show any LTE information.

When inserting an unregistered T-Mobile SIM in my N5, it connects to LTE and shows all LTE data for about 10 seconds before dropping down to HSPA+, then will not connect to LTE again without a full reboot.

When inserting an unregistered AT&T SIM in my N5, it never connects to LTE or shows any LTE data. In fact, I don't think it shows any connections at all.

-Mike

Thank you. I forgot it today but I will try it.

-Mike

Thank you. I forgot it today but I will try it.