Nexus 5 Accessories

smorcy11

For those of you who use the dt-900 does it turn off when the Nexus is fully charged? I noticed when charging my Nokia 920 it will turn off when fully charged, but I haven't seen this with the Nexus.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Windows phones can not be powered off while charging.

Android phones can be on or off, if you power it off, it will stay off, if you power it on, it will stay on.

Does anyone know of any extended battery cases coming on the market?

While not a case in the pure sense I've been using the PowerSkin Pop'n this week at the Orlando theme parks and been pretty pleased with it as a solution.

Windows phones can not be powered off while charging.

Android phones can be on or off, if you power it off, it will stay off, if you power it on, it will stay on.

Sorry I was unclear, the wireless charger (dt-900) turns off once the Windows Phone is fully charged.

So I'm going to be ordering this case for my Nexus 5. http://www.i-blason.com/armorbox-dual-layer-hybrid-protective-case-for-google-nexus-5-by-lg.html?color=24

And if anyone is really interested in an extended battery for their Nexus 5, I-Blason has one on pre-order for 49.95. http://www.i-blason.com/powerglider-rechargeable-external-battery-case-for-google-nexus-5.html. It has a 2500mAh battery built in. Looks decent. Wonder when it'll be released.

• Like 2

Should be perfect for you as it allows access to all the iPhone features...

"Precise cut and design; Easy access to all ports, sensors, speakers, cameras and all iPhone features"

"Precise cut and design; Easy access to all ports, sensors, speakers, cameras and all iPhone features"

Yeah, they apparently weren't paying attention when they put that page together.

They knew Josh would buy it if they put that in there! ;)

-Mike

They knew Josh would buy it if they put that in there! ;)

-Mike

Believe it or not, I found the case on Amazon, and decided on it because blue is my favorite color, and they had it in blue. I didn't notice the typo until I saw their webpage.

I really like their bumper case. I might just get one... maaaaaybe.

Also the case you mentioned looks like it could stop bullets.

-Luis

I don't think it can stop bullets unfortunately. :( But so far, I've never had an encounter being on the wrong side of a gun.

I have been using this wireless charger for a week without any issue. Seems to work great. No overheating and its on sale at the moment.

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/accessory.chargers-nokia-black-wireless-charging-plate-sku6290260.html#fbid=7eO2ocGKGx9

Does the charger create a decent magnetic grip with the phone?  Just curious, might snag a couple of these for the price...

Does the charger create a decent magnetic grip with the phone? Just curious, might snag a couple of these for the price...

Not magnetic but is big enough that the phone doesn't have an issue staying on top of it. Has rubber on both sides to help it stay in place.

Not magnetic but is big enough that the phone doesn't have an issue staying on top of it. Has rubber on both sides to help it stay in place.

I was going to hold out for another TYLT, but when you can buy two and still save money that's a tough sell to the wife.

Thanks for pointing it out!

• 2 weeks later...

So over the holiday break my boss gave me an amazon gift card and I spent it to get this:

http://www.amazon.com/UPGRADED-Wireless-Charger-Charging-Qi-Enabled/dp/B00C40OG22/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1389977402&sr=1-1

So far, it's working very nice. It's a pretty big mat (compared to the one for nexus) and I like that you can place it in any direction and the phone will charge.

There's no magnet on it, but the pad is big enough that the phone does not fall off.

-Luis

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Any suggestions on a kickstand case that will work well with a qi wireless charger? My phone is coming midweek....

What's the difference in the surface and dilex case from sedio?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Any suggestions on a kickstand case that will work well with a qi wireless charger? My phone is coming midweek.... What's the difference in the surface and dilex case from sedio? Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

The surface case is just a single layer slide on case the dilex has a second layer of protection with the rubber underneath and the hard shell on top.  Now I have the the convert case which is a combo of the other two cases of sorts.  The convert case is a surface with the dilex on top (slide case, rubber on top of the slide case and back cover with kickstand goes over that).  The nice thing about this case has covers for the camera, headphone jack and the charging port, I like this because I almost never plug my phone in.  I have a Tylt and it charges with this case on with zero issues, I am unsure of other Qi chargers.

Edited by woodensoul2k

I got a newer car, but it does not have a convenient place to stick my phone.

So now I am looking at some kind of either hvac vent clamp holder, or possibly one of those holders that fit into a cd player slot.

I don't really want anything that sticks to the window or dash.

Ideally it would use wireless charging too.

Anyone have experience or recommendations while I read back through the thread?

I got a newer car, but it does not have a convenient place to stick my phone.

So now I am looking at some kind of either hvac vent clamp holder, or possibly one of those holders that fit into a cd player slot.

I don't really want anything that sticks to the window or dash.

Ideally it would use wireless charging too.

Anyone have experience or recommendations while I read back through the thread?

I like Mountek's (http://mountek.com) products; I have the nGroove and the nGroove Snap. Both are very similar, strong build quality. You can install it in a CD slot or dashboard crack. It holds VERY well and is easily removed, it snugs in with a thumb screw.

The nGroove (apparently now called the nGroove Grip) uses an adjustable holder that works very well.

The Snap requires that you stick a small magnet on the back of your phone. It's very thin (maybe a little thicker than a credit card?); I have mine slid in between my EVO LTE's Seidio Surface case and the phone, not adhered to anything. The magnets are strong enough that the case does not impede it, although I'm sure it does make the grip a little weaker. You could put the magnet on the back of the case if you preferred.

For a more permanent solution, I have a ProClip (http://proclipusa.com) installed in my Jeep. You choose a vehicle-specific mount, then add on whatever device mount you want. I chose an adjustable version so I can use any phone, case or not. Mine snaps onto a lip on the dash, and included a small adhesive pad to hold it in place. I tried it without an adhesive pad and it held firm, but that probably depends on the vehicle.

EDIT: No wireless charging with either option (don't think I've seen that in a car mount yet), but the charging port is accessible with both solutions.

-Mike

• Like 1

Anyone have a USB battery pack they'd recommend(the little bricks/rectangles usually that have USB ports to recharge basically anything)? Im thinking of one around the 8000mhz capacity, maybe bigger depending on cost.

Anyone have a USB battery pack they'd recommend(the little bricks/rectangles usually that have USB ports to recharge basically anything)? Im thinking of one around the 8000mhz capacity, maybe bigger depending on cost.

8000mhz?! I'm not sure which provder that would be useful on.. :P

-Mike

• Like 1