Nexus 5 Accessories

smorcy11

I got the Nokia TD-900 charger today from Amazon.it took close to 3 hours to charge the N5 (started 5%)not bad   at all  .

Yeah that isn't bad considering it only supplies 750mA.  I think the Nexus branded one does 1.8 amps if I am not mistaken.

Yeah that isn't bad considering it only supplies 750mA. I think the Nexus branded one does 1.8 amps if I am not mistaken.

Not in front of my cord, but I believe it is 1.2.

I think the n7 (2012, less sure on 2013) runs at 2.0.

I have a BB playbook charger that is 1.8 that I use for phones.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Not in front of my cord, but I believe it is 1.2.

I think the n7 (2012, less sure on 2013) runs at 2.0.

I have a BB playbook charger that is 1.8 that I use for phones.

1.2 for the dt-900 charger?  Their specs online have it rated at 750mAh, but that could certainly be wrong.  I'll pick one up in a few weeks so I'll know for sure then.

1.2 for the dt-900 charger? Their specs online have it rated at 750mAh, but that could certainly be wrong. I'll pick one up in a few weeks so I'll know for sure then.

On the back it said 12v 750 mah

• Like 1

I bought a couple nokia dt-900 chargers, and was disappointed to discover that these chargers use PROPRIETARY charger bricks and cables.

you can NOT use standard micro-usb cables or bricks with this charger pad.

I had planned to keep one at work and one in my car (via lighter usb charger), but that plan is wacked now.

I bought a couple nokia dt-900 chargers, and was disappointed to discover that these chargers use PROPRIETARY charger bricks and cables.

you can NOT use standard micro-usb cables or bricks with this charger pad.

I had planned to keep one at work and one in my car (via lighter usb charger), but that plan is wacked now.

Good to know. Was about ready to order some since I just got my N5, but with that bit of info, I'll hold off for now.

• Like 1

Keep in mind that 750ma at 12 volts is 9 watts, which is comparable to 1.8 amps at 5 volts. Both equal 9 watts of power.

Except I hope no one is pumping 12 volts into their device, you might let the magical smoke out.

Did anyone get the Spigen Slim Armor case?

http://www.spigen.com/nexus-5-case-slim-armor.html

I ordered one, however when I put it on the phone, it constantly squeezes the power button, causing it to power cycle almost constantly making it effectively useless.

Just wondering if anyone else has seen that. 

I also got the Ultra Hybrid, and it's all scratched up and starting to bubble on the clear back. Not sure if I just got a bad batch or what, but I'm not happy with either case.

I bought this for my n5, I got the purple and it goes well with the white version. Darker purple around the bezel, with white back showing a lighter purple on the back just like the picture.

it fits well but is easily removed. And it makes it fit perfectly snug on my dash storage bin, no fancy mount required.

http://www.cruzerlite.com/cases/lg/nexus-5/cruzerlite-bugdroid-circuit-case-for-lg-nexus-5

Did anyone get the Spigen Slim Armor case?

http://www.spigen.com/nexus-5-case-slim-armor.html

I ordered one, however when I put it on the phone, it constantly squeezes the power button, causing it to power cycle almost constantly making it effectively useless.

Just wondering if anyone else has seen that. 

I have this, its really good. No problems at all. One of the best cases I have seen.

I have this, its really good. No problems at all. One of the best cases I have seen.

I really really like the case, but it kills the phone every time I put it on. Looks like I'm not the only one that happened to. Bad batch or something. Ordered from Amazon, looks like Spigen is replacing them, so I contacted them.

I really really like the case, but it kills the phone every time I put it on. Looks like I'm not the only one that happened to. Bad batch or something. Ordered from Amazon, looks like Spigen is replacing them, so I contacted them.

I got mine from their ebay store.

I also got their ultra fit, but I like this one better, the grippyness is great.

I also got the Ultra Hybrid, and it's all scratched up and starting to bubble on the clear back. Not sure if I just got a bad batch or what, but I'm not happy with either case.

According to the reviews on Amazon, there's a plastic film that should be removed.

Got the new official nexus charger the other day. Couldn't be happier almost cant tell the difference. Just have to make sure the charger is engaged properly.

I was wondering, do you think you could put this in your car?  I have heard the magnetic 'bond' is pretty strong, but I was thinking it would be pretty awesome to have this in my car as well.

in case anyone looking for a free  SIM card for testing/backup (I think the card comes loaded with $3.50 worth of free calls)   T-Mobile Prepaid Phone SIM Card Activation Kit FREE

http://www.techbargains.com/news_displayItem.cfm/377369

Thanks! The offer is still available, just ordered one to test my unlocked iPhone 5 and my fiancee's unlocked iPhone 4S.

I was wondering, do you think you could put this in your car?  I have heard the magnetic 'bond' is pretty strong, but I was thinking it would be pretty awesome to have this in my car as well.

Definitely! Theres a video of guy swinging the charger with the phone on it. Even with a case it takes practice to get the phone off the charger.

• Like 2