Nexus 5 Accessories

smorcy11

Ok, so now that many of us have a Nexus 5 on the way, what accessories are you eyeing? Cases, wireless charging mats, etc...

I've never liked cases, but I'm usually a bit paranoid when if it's buy and try a case for a bit. Then the newness wears off and I ditch the case. I've always thought that if I am paying for a $400+ piece of hardware, I shouldn't feel like I'm holding a bulky plastic $5 case.

So what accessories have you ordered or are you planning to?

Spigen Steinheil screen protectors (one of the best SP money can buy)

Is that German engineering?  Sieg heil, Spigen Steinheil!

AJ

• Like 2

I bought new a X-Way Accessory kit for dash mount. So I will need some kind of case. Not a whole lot 3rd party out there yet and I dont plan on paying $35 for a case.

Not a ton of options, but Amazon has a handful of makers out there.

I don't like the gel cases (find it "grabby") on the inside of pants pocket, but I don't want bulky plastic either. What's the best option or material to look for?

Not a ton of options, but Amazon has a handful of makers out there.

I don't like the gel cases (find it "grabby") on the inside of pants pocket, but I don't want bulky plastic either. What's the best option or material to look for?

Wow, i thought i checked earlier today or yesterday for Nexus 5 case on eBay and i got 2 results. Now i get 1800.

Wow, i thought i checked earlier today or yesterday for Nexus 5 case on eBay and i got 2 results. Now i get 1800.

Do they get exact dimension listings for size and for the cutouts from the manufacturer? Wondering how they could be super accurate when no one has one.

It is. Spigen has multiple deals up... good stuff. 

Well I see that they are selling the case by itself for $25 on their own website but their official ebay store has that deal. I'm not getting mine until like November 30, but i might get this now anyways.

Well I see that they are selling the case by itself for $25 on their own website but their official ebay store has that deal. I'm not getting mine until like November 30, but i might get this now anyways.

Amazon.

I ordered 3 different Cruzerlite cases (buy 2, get 1 free) via Amazon; I've had a Cruzerlite TPU case on my Evo 4G LTE since I bought it and have been pretty happy. One of the cases (black Experience) already came today (occasionally I get Prime orders in one day), beating the phone by a weekend; the other two I ordered (blue Androidified and blue Spi-Force; the latter has the stand built in) weren't Prime eligible and are apparently being shipped by the manufacturer.

In the same order I also picked up this iBolt car mount, which as far as I can tell so far is identical to the car mounts they sell for Android devices for $40; it works fine with my Nexus 4 and Evo 4G LTE, at least. iBolt was the OEM for the "official" Sprint Evo 4G LTE dock.

I ordered 3 different Cruzerlite cases (buy 2, get 1 free) via Amazon; I've had a Cruzerlite TPU case on my Evo 4G LTE since I bought it and have been pretty happy. One of the cases (black Experience) already came today (occasionally I get Prime orders in one day), beating the phone by a weekend; the other two I ordered (blue Androidified and blue Spi-Force; the latter has the stand built in) weren't Prime eligible and are apparently being shipped by the manufacturer.

In the same order I also picked up this iBolt car mount, which as far as I can tell so far is identical to the car mounts they sell for Android devices for $40; it works fine with my Nexus 4 and Evo 4G LTE, at least. iBolt was the OEM for the "official" Sprint Evo 4G LTE dock.

You guys should really try out the X-Way/FixWay line from Tetrax. They are awesome

You guys should really try out the X-Way/FixWay line from Tetrax. They are awesome

I don't see anything there that is compatible with anything but the iPhone?

I don't see anything there that is compatible with anything but the iPhone?

Did you watch the video? The X-Way and Fix Way are universal to any smartphone/gps. Its just a dash mount or vent mount. They are really nice and don't ubstruct the view of the screen at all. They hold really well as well.

Did you watch the video? The X-Way and Fix Way are universal to any smartphone/gps. Its just a dash mount or vent mount. They are really nice and don't ubstruct the view of the screen at all. They hold really well as well.

My apologies, no I didn't because I was on a pretty sparse sprint connection at the time so I just went to the manufacturer's website and I wasn't clear what the product did from looking at their website. It looked to me like the mounts had to be mated with a particular case. I do see now after being home and watching the video how that works. Looks like a really interesting solution.

Was looking at that case. Is it a hard plastic, or more of a spongy soft feel?

Was looking at that case. Is it a hard plastic, or more of a spongy soft feel?

No clue. I ordered it just on the premise that its cheap and I can replace it if I dont like it. Wont ship til tomorrow either.

No clue. I ordered it just on the premise that its cheap and I can replace it if I dont like it. Wont ship til tomorrow either.

I took a leap as well. Ordered this one - [NEW RELEASE] RINGKE SLIM® Google Nexus 5 Case [sF BLACK] SUPER SLIM + SF COATED + PERFECT FIT Premium Hard Case Cover for Google Nexus 5 [AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, Unlocked, ECO Package]

http://amzn.com/B00EPLTC1I

I find it humorous that there are reviews on the cases, people actually talking about how well it fit their Nexus 5.