How to Spot Clearwire TDD-LTE / Wimax Antennas & RRUs (Huawei)

lilotimz

Yep, you can see the RRUs hanging below the antennas.

Does your RRU hang low? Does it wobble to and fro? Can you tie it in a knot? Can you tie it in a bow? Can you throw it over your shoulder, like a Continental soldier?

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 4

Does your RRU hang low? Does it wobble to and fro? Can you tie it in a knot? Can you tie it in a bow? Can you throw it over your shoulder, like a Continental soldier?

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

That...is...awesome!

• Like 1

The middle section is Sprint?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Yep, you can see the RRUs hanging below the antennas.

I don't believe the middle section is Sprint. The antennas are wrong for the Miami market. The top level may be Sprint, but I can't see enough detail to say for sure. It would be a high capacity site if it is Sprint, as most Sprint sites have 2 antennas per sector (1 dual-band NV antenna, 1 8T8R B41 antenna).

• Like 1

Same thing I was thinking. Really did not look like a 'standard' sprint setup to me. There are multiple companies (maybe all?) that now mount RRU's up top, so that isn't really a good way to 'spot' sprint stuff any longer.

Errrrr... Just zoomed in closer. Now I see. Second from the top definitely looks like Clear equipment I've seen.

Same thing I was thinking. Really did not look like a 'standard' sprint setup to me. There are multiple companies (maybe all?) that now mount RRU's up top, so that isn't really a good way to 'spot' sprint stuff any longer.

Errrrr... Just zoomed in closer. Now I see. Second from the top definitely looks like Clear equipment I've seen.

I did not see the antenna between the two main tiers before. Still can't say for sure that's Clear, but definitely a possibility.

Sent from my LG G4

• 8 months later...

Actually..... That's what they're doing with the Huawei clearwire sites that they must completely decommission by the end of this year... ....

Sent from my Nexus 5X

I feel like this has been answered - at least vaguely - but just to clarify, how will the range and performance on these new small cells compared to the old Clear Huwei equipment?

I feel like this has been answered - at least vaguely - but just to clarify, how will the range and performance on these new small cells compared to the old Clear Huwei equipment?

Off Pretty much no difference. Same old antennas are used.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

If you look at the pictures Tim linked to in the Colorado thread, or one of the Ohio threads, you'll noticed that the mini-macro is mounted behind the old Clear antenna, so it's broadcasting pretty much the exact same signal, just 2 carriers instead of one. 

If you look at the pictures Tim linked to in the Colorado thread, or one of the Ohio threads, you'll noticed that the mini-macro is mounted behind the old Clear antenna, so it's broadcasting pretty much the exact same signal, just 2 carriers instead of one.

Well this is exciting. Sprint mostly operates a single carrier network in Seattle (just on old Clear Huwei equipment) so speeds should go through the roof with these swaps.