Shentel / Sprint LTE - (was ntelos - West & N&W Virginia)

marioc21

Their is a guy on ntelos Facebook claiming to be getting lte in waynesboro. Can anyone confirm ?

Can't say about Waynesboro, but I've been able to stay on CDMA/LTE setting in C'ville without getting kicked off data which makes me wonder if something's afoot.

(Hope springs eternal)

I've just gotten curious and plugged in things like "nTelos 4G" into twitters search and gotten a few tweets of people saying nTelos is 4G now, no pictures or other confirmation other that that... All of them are in the Waynesboro area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't say about Waynesboro, but I've been able to stay on CDMA/LTE setting in C'ville without getting kicked off data which makes me wonder if something's afoot.

(Hope springs eternal)

the guy on facebook said you had to have a sim card he has an iPhone he said that you can buy them at the Waynesboro store

8ehuru2e.jpg

Lots of tweets saying if you go to nTelos and add a $10 add on to your plan you gain access to LTE. This was one of the screenshots I saw. Hopefully we find out soon if Sprint can connect....

Edited by shawneyboy123
  • Like 2

Why would they not put this on their website? It's kinda a big deal for some people. Sprint while you are buying T mobile, buy ntelos too for the love of all things good!

I say they will wait until they launch another market or two to make a deal about it. I think they would get complaints like "oh yeah 4G in one city!"

And buying them would really be nothing but good in my opinion. We can hope!

• Like 1

=

Lots of tweets saying if you go to nTelos and add a $10 add on to your plan you gain access to LTE. This was one of the screenshots I saw. Hopefully we find out soon if Sprint can connect....

Wow.  Real classy of them.  I wonder if they will sequester LTE access for Sprint Users, who are the ones that stand to gain the most from this.  Why are they being so secretive ?  

I will say that it does appear that they've done some backhaul work.  I am in Roanoke,  VA, and, while speeds have not seem a dramatic improvement, they do seem to be significantly better.  I am averaging 1.5Mbps down/500kbps up, and latency seems to averaging <150ms, which for Sprint in 3G is not that bad at all.

Wow.  Real classy of them.  I wonder if they will sequester LTE access for Sprint Users, who are the ones that stand to gain the most from this.  Why are they being so secretive ?  

That's the million dollar question.

I think they don't want to spend the resources to build out a 4g network.  This all part of a long dance with Sprint. I suspect sometime in 2014 we'll see nTelos agree to a buyout with Sprint. It's especially curious since today we had the news of Sprint working with Dish on fixed wireless internet access just like Dish is doing with nTelos. 

Same thing here in Beckley WV. 1.5- low 2's down and .6-.8 up. I was in Charleston WV this previous weekend and it was the same story there. 3G improvements seem to have been wide spread fairly quickly which is a good sign. Hopefully LTE is the same story. AND accessible by us Sprint users who depend on it!!!

That's the million dollar question.

If Sprint has an LTE roaming agreement with nTelos it should be available to Sprint customers. I think they where 1 of the 3 regional carriers that signed a deal with Sprint earlier this year....

• Like 1

I think they don't want to spend the resources to build out a 4g network.  This all part of a long dance with Sprint. I suspect sometime in 2014 we'll see nTelos agree to a buyout with Sprint. It's especially curious since today we had the news of Sprint working with Dish on fixed wireless internet access just like Dish is doing with nTelos. 

Actually I think they wanted to get the best deal possible. I also think based off of their last conference call they want to stay independent.