Jump to content
marioc21

Shentel / Sprint LTE - (was ntelos - West & N&W Virginia)

Recommended Posts

I'll check in to it

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Thank you. If you need anything else, let me know.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thank you. If you need anything else, let me know.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I spoke with the tech for that area. He corrected an issue. Check it whenever you get a chance.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I spoke with the tech for that area. He corrected an issue. Check it whenever you get a chance.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Cool, I'll check it out when I get back in town.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any updates to the Western Maryland area by Cumberland/Frostburg? These areas are still 3G. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Any updates to the Western Maryland area by Cumberland/Frostburg? These areas are still 3G. 
Yeah, I drove through yesterday via I 68... miserable service. I think i recall reading that shentel will start their build out in end of 2018. Planning stages right now

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Elijah said:

Any updates to the Western Maryland area by Cumberland/Frostburg? These areas are still 3G. 

Covered in last conference call.  It is part of the April 2017 expansion where they purchased the Sprint sites / customers in the Cumberland/ Frostburg area (part of Sprint Western PA market), Marietta, OH/Parkersburg, WV and Gallipolis, WV (Sprint West Virginia Market), and Portsmouth, OH (Sprint Columbus Market).  My guess is the remaining counties of the Sprint West Virginia market will be merged back into the Columbus Market.  A few sites in this area may already have been upgraded equipment-wise, but it may not have been turned on yet (one found, others checked, some photos still being reviewed).  There was discussion of adding / upgrading 88 sites in the prior conference call.  They said they will release their capital expansion budget once they decide on the details.  Currently each one of the areas is being handled differently.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Jones said:

Yeah, I drove through yesterday via I 68... miserable service. I think i recall reading that shentel will start their build out in end of 2018. Planning stages right now

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
 

It's not that bad when you get into La Vale, as then you hook onto US Cellular's Extended LTE.

13 hours ago, dkyeager said:

Covered in last conference call.  It is part of the April 2017 expansion where they purchased the Sprint sites / customers in the Cumberland/ Frostburg area (part of Sprint Western PA market), Marietta, OH/Parkersburg, WV and Gallipolis, WV (Sprint West Virginia Market), and Portsmouth, OH (Sprint Columbus Market).  My guess is the remaining counties of the Sprint West Virginia market will be merged back into the Columbus Market.  A few sites in this area may already have been upgraded equipment-wise, but it may not have been turned on yet (one found, others checked, some photos still being reviewed).  There was discussion of adding / upgrading 88 sites in the prior conference call.  They said they will release their capital expansion budget once they decide on the details.  Currently each one of the areas is being handled differently.

Thanks. Hopefully we see changes here soon.

I see in your signature you have sponsor maps for WV/MD. Would I donate to the site to access those to see where these towers are?

Edited by Elijah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Elijah said:

I see in your signature you have sponsor maps for WV/MD. Would I donate to the site to access those to see where these towers are?

For the price of your typical lunch you can become a sponsor and have access to all our LTE 1900 and 1x800 site maps and discussions, site equipment photos, etc for a period of time.   We like to keep our detailed information secret as it costs money and time for us to get and organize it, plus keep the site operational.  http://s4gru.com/index.php?/page/donation.html/

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: ignore what I said, (I stated I was in Frostburg, MD and had LTE on Sprint [or at least what my phone]. I was just roaming on USC and it showed Sprint). 

Edited by Elijah
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×