Shentel / Sprint LTE - (was ntelos - West & N&W Virginia)

marioc21

Any updates to the Western Maryland area by Cumberland/Frostburg? These areas are still 3G. 
Yeah, I drove through yesterday via I 68... miserable service. I think i recall reading that shentel will start their build out in end of 2018. Planning stages right now

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Elijah said:

Any updates to the Western Maryland area by Cumberland/Frostburg? These areas are still 3G. 

Covered in last conference call.  It is part of the April 2017 expansion where they purchased the Sprint sites / customers in the Cumberland/ Frostburg area (part of Sprint Western PA market), Marietta, OH/Parkersburg, WV and Gallipolis, WV (Sprint West Virginia Market), and Portsmouth, OH (Sprint Columbus Market).  My guess is the remaining counties of the Sprint West Virginia market will be merged back into the Columbus Market.  A few sites in this area may already have been upgraded equipment-wise, but it may not have been turned on yet (one found, others checked, some photos still being reviewed).  There was discussion of adding / upgrading 88 sites in the prior conference call.  They said they will release their capital expansion budget once they decide on the details.  Currently each one of the areas is being handled differently.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Jones said:

Yeah, I drove through yesterday via I 68... miserable service. I think i recall reading that shentel will start their build out in end of 2018. Planning stages right now

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

It's not that bad when you get into La Vale, as then you hook onto US Cellular's Extended LTE.

13 hours ago, dkyeager said:

Covered in last conference call.  It is part of the April 2017 expansion where they purchased the Sprint sites / customers in the Cumberland/ Frostburg area (part of Sprint Western PA market), Marietta, OH/Parkersburg, WV and Gallipolis, WV (Sprint West Virginia Market), and Portsmouth, OH (Sprint Columbus Market).  My guess is the remaining counties of the Sprint West Virginia market will be merged back into the Columbus Market.  A few sites in this area may already have been upgraded equipment-wise, but it may not have been turned on yet (one found, others checked, some photos still being reviewed).  There was discussion of adding / upgrading 88 sites in the prior conference call.  They said they will release their capital expansion budget once they decide on the details.  Currently each one of the areas is being handled differently.

Thanks. Hopefully we see changes here soon.

I see in your signature you have sponsor maps for WV/MD. Would I donate to the site to access those to see where these towers are?

Edited by Elijah

39 minutes ago, Elijah said:

I see in your signature you have sponsor maps for WV/MD. Would I donate to the site to access those to see where these towers are?

For the price of your typical lunch you can become a sponsor and have access to all our LTE 1900 and 1x800 site maps and discussions, site equipment photos, etc for a period of time.   We like to keep our detailed information secret as it costs money and time for us to get and organize it, plus keep the site operational.  http://s4gru.com/index.php?/page/donation.html/

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Update: ignore what I said, (I stated I was in Frostburg, MD and had LTE on Sprint [or at least what my phone]. I was just roaming on USC and it showed Sprint). 

Edited by Elijah
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, dhrumil2504 said:

Picked up 2x Carrier Aggrigation on Band 41 by the Sams Club area in Ronoke, VA. Pulled about 50 Mbps down, .5 Upload.

Wasn’t able to screenshot the field test because I accidentally closed it on my X. Can anyone else confirm?

Sorry I can’t figure out how to edit on mobile.

Uploaded some screenshots.. Lower download speeds however still shows 2X CA. Exact GPS location if anyone wants to check.

ZUgOyo0.jpg

A006D3AD-83B6-4D45-89AA-8A8AAF2FCE6E.png

Edited by dhrumil2504
  • Like 1

On 12/14/2017 at 4:17 PM, dhrumil2504 said:

Picked up 2x Carrier Aggrigation on Band 41 by the Sams Club area in Ronoke, VA. Pulled about 50 Mbps down, .5 Upload.

Wasn’t able to screenshot the field test because I accidentally closed it on my X. Can anyone else confirm?

I plan to come through that area in the next several months how’s the coverage out there?

On 12/15/2017 at 6:58 PM, danlodish345 said:

I plan to come through that area in the next several months how’s the coverage out there?

It’s A LOT better. Coverage is 99% where Verizon is and sometimes even more. The speeds are also getting more consistent.

On 12/14/2017 at 4:17 PM, dhrumil2504 said:

More CA in Roanoke downtown

TRDrcqU.png

7 minutes ago, bbostwick8 said:

What are people using instead of Signal Check Pro on the iPhone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s the built-in iOS Field Test accessed via the phone dial pad code + call:

*3001#12345#*