LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Heck, signal strength is weak is bad, bad news to hear. The reason I did not go for the S4, way before the G2 was announced, was all the talk about how weak the signal strength was on that phone. I need a strong signal strength as Sprint is not the best network where I am at. Not too concerned about internet, much more concerned about actual phone calls and holding onto the call when talking instead of dropping a call.

The short review is not good at all.

• Like 1

The rf numbers looked pretty promising from the FCC write up. Hopefully it is just software, but I guess with that we will have to wait and see.

I sure hope the disappointing RF that koiulpoi has had can be corrected some way. I need a strong signal phone and I already pre-ordered the G2 after few reviews mentioned good things about that.

Side note, I hate with all the technology these phones have now, review websites barely if at all mention signal strength and earpiece call quality.

• Like 1

I sure hope the disappointing RF that koiulpoi has had can be corrected some way. I need a strong signal phone and I already pre-ordered the G2 after few reviews mentioned good things about that.

Side note, I hate with all the technology these phones have now, review websites barely if at all mention signal strength and earpiece call quality.

Didn't you realize? The look of the back plate is much more important than some arbitrary earpiece quality or stinking rf numbers.

Heck, signal strength is weak is bad, bad news to hear. The reason I did not go for the S4, way before the G2 was announced, was all the talk about how weak the signal strength was on that phone. I need a strong signal strength as Sprint is not the best network where I am at. Not too concerned about internet, much more concerned about actual phone calls and holding onto the call when talking instead of dropping a call.

The short review is not good at all.

Lack of picking up LTE on 1900 is not necessarily related to picking up voice on 800.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

B25 4G LTE has, so far, been inferior to the Note II. Where I am now, on the Note, I would pick up a weakish (-110 dBm) LTE signal, but it was very usable. On the G2, I have yet to have it find LTE at all at this same location. It's not an auth problem, as 4G LTE works elsewhere.

Ouch...that's no good.  It's rare enough that I get to use LTE in my launched city, I don't need to have less of it. 

• Like 1

Mines is still stuck at the warehouse but then again I just preordered on the 19th so ill be getting it later than you guys.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

I Preordered on the 18th...so I'm in the same boat with you...

So how many are canceling their orders? Or are all of you still holding on to that shred of faith that it will be everything you hoped and more? Remember....14 days!!!! 

I'm still holding it out here!

Lack of picking up LTE on 1900 is not necessarily related to picking up voice on 800.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Hmmm, I am sorry for my ignorance, I thought if bad signal for LTE is also bad signal/reception for voice calls.

So, a phone could be worst than other Sprint phones when it comes to LTE signal strength but better than those same phones when it comes to voice call reception/signal strength?

Edited by mjnoles1

1x and LTE are two entirely different signals. 1x is going to be much stronger since it isn't as fragile as LTE.

Overall, I am not overly worried. I read in another forum that there were issues with the G2 holding onto an LTE signal but LG was aware of the issue and working on it. I'll have to see if I can find where I read that.

Edit: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-lg-g2/325948-sprint-lg-g2-been-active-10-days-now-little-feedback.html

Hmmm, I am sorry for my ignorance, I thought if bad signal for LTE is also bad signal/reception for voice calls.

So, a phone could be worst than other Sprint phones when it comes to LTE signal strength but better than those same phones when it comes to voice call reception/signal strength?

You got it! All depends on Antenna and RF Characteristics of the phone, as well as transmitting tower location etc. As said in other threads, you could be picking up 1x, EVDO, and LTE off of three different towers.

CRAZY Huh? 

Anyone in central Ohio, LG g2 for sale... If I had the money I would snatch it up. http://mansfield.craigslist.org/mob/4145276439.html Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

MANSFIELD! My old hometown....I probably know the person selling the thing...LOL (I used to have some sprint contacts there...)

• Like 1

MANSFIELD! My old hometown....I probably know the person selling the thing...LOL (I used to have some sprint contacts there...)

Yeah, just a short drive for me... Why do I have to be responsible and pay bills?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Yeah, just a short drive for me... Why do I have to be responsible and pay bills?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Right....Same here...that's why I had to go the "Responsible" route and go for the $99 pre-order and just wait....HRUMPH!  :td:

So how many are canceling their orders? Or are all of you still holding on to that shred of faith that it will be everything you hoped and more? Remember....14 days!!!! 

I'm holding out. If its not a good performer after I run some tests I have 14 days to take it back.

• Like 1

It's well known that the Note 2 is an RF beast. It's unfair to judge the G2 against it in that respect. Holding my Note 2 an S3 and an iPhone (all on Sprint) in the same location I would consistently have a better signal and speeds on the Note 2 than both the 2 other devices. So I would imagine the G2's RF performance is average and not as terrible as some of you might fear.

It's better for the user anyway that the G2 doesn't want connect to a poor -110Db signal as it would increase the drain on the battery and not be very reliable anyway.

• Like 2

It's well known that the Note 2 is an RF beast. It's unfair to judge the G2 against it in that respect. Holding my Note 2 an S3 and an iPhone (all on Sprint) in the same location as my I would consistently have a better signal and speeds on tne Note 2 than both the 2 other devices. So I would imagine the G2's RF performance is average and not as terrible as some of you might fear.

It's better for the user anyway that the G2 doesn't want connect to a poor -110Db signal as it would increase the drain on the battery and not be very reliable anyway.

I agree with these sentiments....My Netgear Zing will hold on to an LTE Signal all the way through an area where my Galaxy Tab 3 Goes back to a full 3G signal, however the data on the LTE That the Zing provides is un-usable. It's all device dependent, and I'd rather have a usable 3G signal than a crappy LTE...IMHO

I'm keeping my preorder.  The Best Buy price with gift card effectively brings the upgrade price to $50 for a flagship tri band device.  Doubt you will be able to pick up the One Max or S4T at launch day for this price.  Plus, LG has a lot invested into this device and I believe they will do everything they can to make it successful.

• Like 1

1x and LTE are two entirely different signals. 1x is going to be much stronger since it isn't as fragile as LTE.

Overall, I am not overly worried. I read in another forum that there were issues with the G2 holding onto an LTE signal but LG was aware of the issue and working on it. I'll have to see if I can find where I read that.

Then any word how the 1x signal strength for voice calls is on the G2? Again, I did not pursue the GS4 because I heard that was poor in this regard.

Honestly, I have had 6 different Sprint phones and been using Sprint since they first launched 1xRTT. I've always found Sprint to be unmatched in voice performance. I've used Cingular, Voicestream and T-Mobile in the past.

• Like 1

Honestly, I have had 6 different Sprint phones and been using Sprint since they first launched 1xRTT. I've always found Sprint to be unmatched in voice performance. I've used Cingular, Voicestream and T-Mobile in the past.

Ahhh....Voicestream.....My first cell phone...LOL That brings back memories......::nostalgia :clap: ::

It's well known that the Note 2 is an RF beast. It's unfair to judge the G2 against it in that respect. Holding my Note 2 an S3 and an iPhone (all on Sprint) in the same location I would consistently have a better signal and speeds on the Note 2 than both the 2 other devices. So I would imagine the G2's RF performance is average and not as terrible as some of you might fear.

Disagree.. As long as the tower isn't congested a -110 to -115 LTE signal is better than any EVDO signal anyway.

• Like 1