LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Sprint turned on Spark in my area in mid-February (Alexandria, VA outside of Washington, DC). I am on Band 41. However, I am getting only about 5 mbs download speed and a tenth of that upload. That seems to be the same speed as un-Sparked Band 25. Has anyone else noticed this on the G2? Is there a way to increase the speed on the phone? Or do I have to wait for a network upgrade. In that case, I thought the network upgrade was Spark. Apparently not.

Sprint turned on Spark in my area in mid-February (Alexandria, VA outside of Washington, DC). I am on Band 41. However, I am getting only about 5 mbs download speed and a tenth of that upload. That seems to be the same speed as un-Sparked Band 25. Has anyone else noticed this on the G2? Is there a way to increase the speed on the phone? Or do I have to wait for a network upgrade. In that case, I thought the network upgrade was Spark. Apparently not.

Band 41 Spark since Feb this year with speeds of 5Mbps dl is ridiculous. Recommend check with Sprint on that.

Spark in my area activated 2nd Quarter this fiscal year with speeds from 40-74 Mbps. Its been consistent.

11101235_855331671179438_8621510344667906726_n.jpg

As for wifi calling, I use Hangouts Dialer. It dials out on wifi and sounds great.

We are speaking about a 70 year old woman who can't be bothered to even understand a Windows PC after working with computers most of her late adult life. And with the fall back issues it's not about dialing out it's about receiving calls. But preciate the suggestion!

your tower may still be interesting or if there are other users it's not a full speed upgrade and needs backhaul to be provided before it hits capacity. But with it being limited and with it being used you're only going to get so much bandwith on your evice between yourself and other users.

Band 41 Spark since Feb this year with speeds of 5Mbps dl is ridiculous. Recommend check with Sprint on that.

Spark in my area activated 2nd Quarter this fiscal year with speeds from 40-74 Mbps. Its been consistent.

I agree my speed is rediculous. I spoke with Sprint, and they "reprovisioned" my phone. That bumped the speed up to about 12 Mbps for about half an hour. Then back down to 5 Mbps.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2015-09-14-09-55-27.png

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Thanks.  I guess I was expecting to see an updated Debug screen.  I really like Samsung's DEBUG screen since it shows LTE BW size and LTE band class.  I wonder if the G4 shows this information. 

What are people's thoughts on ZVG firmware?  I am still on ZVE because I didn't want to lose Xposed (yes I know Xposed for Lollipop exists but its still a WIP).  Does it have poorer battery life on Lollipop?

What are people's thoughts on ZVG firmware? I am still on ZVE because I didn't want to lose Xposed (yes I know Xposed for Lollipop exists but its still a WIP). Does it have poorer battery life on Lollipop?

Battery for me is the same as Kit Kat. I get 4-6 hrs SOT depending on what I'm doing and where I'm at. Xposed works quite well on Lollipop too. I'm only running G3 Tweaksbox to change the data icon in the status bar and remove the battery icon though. No other modules installed. I much prefer the UI style of LP and wouldn't go back to KK for anything.

Thanks.  I guess I was expecting to see an updated Debug screen.  I really like Samsung's DEBUG screen since it shows LTE BW size and LTE band class.  I wonder if the G4 shows this information. 

Here are the LTE Engineering DEBUG screens from my G4 running 5.1, if they help.

cC9diJe.png

Prg8rPN.png

• Like 1

Here are the LTE Engineering DEBUG screens from my G4 running 5.1, if they help.

cC9diJe.png

Prg8rPN.png

Thanks.  The debug screens for LG are what they are which are not as compact and provide more details as Samsungs.  However I do like the fact that it provides some details for UL PCC, DL PCC and DL SCC which are needed to indicate CA.  I just prefer not to have to keep scrolling down just to see more info.  A lot of unnecessary white space wasted between entries.

• 4 weeks later...

Anything new, visibly? From what I'm hearing, you should no longer have the Spark logo in the status bar.

Nothing new standing out so far. Appears to be a little smoother but that could just be from a fresh restart. Spark logo is still there.

• Like 1

I don't even have zvh yet..any idea what this includes?

The update is for the security patch for the stagefright thing. 

The update is for the security patch for the stagefright thing. 

The Stagefright update has already been pushed with ZVH. 

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find-and-update-the-software-version-on-your-LG-G2/WServiceAdvisory_542_GKB55011-dvc7780001prd#!/