LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

I don't think I like the new updates. My phone is running noticeably slower. Videos have really low frame rates or freeze entirely. It messed up my lg Bluetooth headset. The play button no longer pauses Pandora for instance. Exiting an app shows a blank screen for two seconds before icons show up. I see no benefits whatsoever.

Definitely not the case in all instances. I experience nothing like that.  Performance is just as good, if not better, on my G2.  Have you tried a factory data reset post-update?  

As soon as I typed all that I realized I hadn't checked memory usage and cleared out a sizeable bit of cached data. I will see if that improves things.

Did you hard reset after the update? If not, try that as its advisable to do so if possible.

At what point do I question if I'm ever going to get this update? I assume I'm being just impatient, but it has been awhile now.

I sideloaded my G2,but my wife's G2 still hasn't received the ota either. I'm also wondering if she will ever get it? I believe otas usually have a 2 week rollout.

The wife's G2 still hasn't received the update.

It will get here when it gets here.

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

AJ

• Like 2

Anyone able to say whether or not the stock email program shows the correct date and time for when it last checked email with POP3 servers on their phones?

It used to tell me when it last checked by putting the time near the top of the inbox.  Now it says "updated may 19" (when it upgraded) although I still get emails just fine.  It just never updates the date and time at the top.

My phone is 100% stock, not rooted or anything.

Not that I ever really able to master or use it for anything, does the three finger slide aside still work? I tried and nothing happened.

I read somewhere they removed slide aside. I tried it here and believe it is gone.

my wife got it (didnt think it would pull it being rooted) no big deal...

anyway, seems to be running just fine...no battery issues either....almost seems a tad better then it was..

she just hates change on her phones period lol

• 1 month later...

2013 flagship. Snapdragon 800 still holds up. It can be activated on Boost Mobile. Good battery life. Great screen.

My G2 is still being used and everything BUT the 1 gripe I ever had with it is working great! At this price, I really might buy another one just because. 

*My only gripe was the GPS being the absolute WORST even after sending back to LG for repair.  I just used my tablet if I ever really needed navigation.  G2 is an AMAZING all around device and getting 5.1.x is pretty awesome.  Hope it isn't a rumor that never materializes but even if not, 5.0.1 is still just fine. :)

• Like 2

That best buy price is awesome.. If I wasn't so broke I would jump at getting that for my mom who is still on the LG Optimus G still. But have, eCSFB issues on my band 41 tower and no WiFi calling for the G2. All calls routinely go to voicemail. Not gonna fly with her. But would make for a nice back up device

A friend just got the G2. They would not activate it over the phone. He had to go to a Boost store. They couldn't get it activated with data. They ordered a Boost SIM to replace the Sprint SIM.

Mine got activated over the phone 2 months ago with only a little guff from the rep.

What is up with this? We both bought Sprint G2 from Best Buy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

That best buy price is awesome.. If I wasn't so broke I would jump at getting that for my mom who is still on the LG Optimus G still. But have, eCSFB issues on my band 41 tower and no WiFi calling for the G2. All calls routinely go to voicemail. Not gonna fly with her. But would make for a nice back up device

As for wifi calling, I use Hangouts Dialer. It dials out on wifi and sounds great.

• Like 1