LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

I am loving the update. On the grola aka simple ROM I was running before, lock screen notifications, including media player controls, were not expandable, but on this official update they work properly (i.e. just like aosp). Plus I can put in a custom lock screen wallpaper. Such a relief!

Edited by djw39

I haven't even gotten the update yet, and now I'm scared to. A lot of bad reviews, with only a few good ones.. Who thinks it's worth it?

Did we get wifi calling?

No. And it won't ever come.  It shouldn't matter at this point since most people who have the G2 will be upgrading this year anyways. 

I've not received the update either. Android updates are always slow to release though.

You can clear out the data on the Google Services Framework app and try pressing the System Update button and it should come.  Alternatively you can always download the OTA.zip file and sideload it.

Battery still draining and there is no menu button on the bottom like before the update.. There were certain things I used the menu button for when there wasn't a menu option on a app like Facebook messenger to save a picture or video... I keep hitting the button that pulls up the open apps and it's aggravating..

What app does it say is draining the battery in the Settings -> Battery section?

I seem to be switching to LTE much better than on 4.4. I noticed I've not had to cycle airplane mode to get LTE at all so far since sideloading the update. Phone seems to get a little hot when charging now. Not had it on long enough to judge battery life. Phone is very responsive so far. 

Anyone notice that when the phone is plugged in and charging and the screen is off the back LED light flashes?? Can that be turned off??

If I'm not mistaken under the display settings at the bottom it said something about rear led. I haven't used a g2 in a while but remember it saying rear led somewhere.

Sent from a Note 4

Will the update only download over wifi? I cleared the data for the google process and now its been "waiting to download" for the last 30 mins. Im at work and have wifi but I believe the filter is blocking the download. 

edit: I reset it again and now its says my phone is up to date. I hate delayed rollouts. 

edit 2: i would side load it but i only have a iMac.

Will the update only download over wifi? I cleared the data for the google process and now its been "waiting to download" for the last 30 mins. Im at work and have wifi but I believe the filter is blocking the download. 

edit: I reset it again and now its says my phone is up to date. I hate delayed rollouts. 

edit 2: i would side load it but i only have a iMac.

If you don't have enough battery life it will not download till either its plugged in or have the proper amount of battery life to download and install the update. 

So, I may have found a fix for the battery draining. (Credit to QBKing77) Go to Settings>Wi-Fi>The three buttons in the Wi-Fi menu> Advanced Wi-Fi> and turn off Allow Wi-Fi Scanning

Hope this helps some of you!

So, I may have found a fix for the battery draining. (Credit to QBKing77) Go to Settings>Wi-Fi>The three buttons in the Wi-Fi menu> Advanced Wi-Fi> and turn off Allow Wi-Fi Scanning

Hope this helps some of you!

Interesting. Mine was off by default.  But, my battery has been great just like it always has been, too. 

If I'm not mistaken under the display settings at the bottom it said something about rear led. I haven't used a g2 in a while but remember it saying rear led somewhere.

Sent from a Note 4

You have to long hold the notification led option at the bottom of the display option under settings and then the option will come up for rear led.. Just figured that out.. I'm hating all these options that you have to long hold for.. There is to be separate options that you could just click on and not have to long hold for..

Still no update......How long does this take?

I forced the update this weekend with a technique NOT highly recommended. I also got impatient, lol. Both the G2's are updated to Android L 5.0.2

First update prl & profile

Under settings>apps:

Clear "data" for Google Play Services under manage space

"Force stop" Google Services Framework & clear "data"

Next reboot. Run the Systems Update through Sprint Zone App under Device Diagnostics>System Update>Device Software

The date in the Software Update should have a date of 1969 if so tap Check Update.

* It may take awhile for the update to take so be patient. Once it finds it it'll let you know it's downloading and that will also take some time because it's a big file.  Once that's complete an option at the bottom screen will appear to proceed with the update.

Also here are some links I was provided by community members on zip files just in case the steps above don't work.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=60393355&postcount=16

and

http://forum.xda-developers.com/sprint-g2

Good luck!

Still no update......How long does this take?

Wow, sorry to hear that.  I'd try a few re-boots and profile updates. Or, if you're not willing to wait any longer, what Maverick kindly recommended.  I got my update on day one at 6AM, OTA, with no issues.  I couldn't be happier with the results... So, I say, it's worth the wait. Good luck!

Does anyone remember where on the device the update file is stored before installation? I never installed ZVE because there was nothing in it that I was willing to lose root for; but it is a big file and I wouldn't mind clearing out some space.

Thanks in advance,

Does anyone remember where on the device the update file is stored before installation? I never installed ZVE because there was nothing in it that I was willing to lose root for; but it is a big file and I wouldn't mind clearing out some space.

Thanks in advance,

Stored in /cache

Note, removing the ota file does not free up space for you to load apps or anything as it's pre allocated a certain amount of space.

• Like 1

I need help. I have been trying to root, using both the GUI one click and the other one. But, I can't get my G2 to install the files with USB debugging on in MTP. I can in PTP, and I have the drivers on my laptop, but MTP won't work. Anyone know how to fix this?

Stored in /cache

Note, removing the ota file does not free up space for you to load apps or anything as it's pre allocated a certain amount of space.

Thanks for the reply. Oddly, /cache is empty on my device, even though the the notification bar keeps telling me an update has been downloaded.

I don't think I like the new updates. My phone is running noticeably slower. Videos have really low frame rates or freeze entirely. It messed up my lg Bluetooth headset. The play button no longer pauses Pandora for instance. Exiting an app shows a blank screen for two seconds before icons show up. I see no benefits whatsoever.