LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

I'm going to force my update via a method you're not supposed to do.  I'll let you know when I get it set up tonight.  I'll try to provide screen-caps, too.

How does that method go , lol. I use to know it but I can't seem to remember the steps. Doh!!

Well the easiest way to tell is to enable the Voice Recognition -> From Any Screen option on the Google Search app and try making mulitple calls.  If people can hear you from multiple calls then it should be fixed.  On the ZVE firmware you had to disable the Voice Recognition -> From Any Screen option or else like 95% of your calls will be muffled and just irritated the folks on the other line because they can't hear you as if you are whispering.

Interesting, I'll have to look into that.

How does that method go , lol. I use to know it but I can't seem to remember the steps. Doh!!

Clear data Google Services Framework and Google Play Services,then retry the update. Alteratively, go to XDA and just adb sideload the OTA.

Sent from my G2

• Like 1

Clear data Google Services Framework and Google Play Services,then retry the update. Alteratively, go to XDA and just adb sideload the OTA.

Sent from my G2

Ah, okay. For some reason I thought " FORCE STOP "  was part of the steps.

Thanks.

btw would you have the direct link for Sprints G2 on the XDA site

So Maverick, are you going to get the G4 when it comes out in June?

Eventually since Sprint has decided to change the subsidy upgrade time from 20 to 24 months now the new upgrade date that use to be in July 2015 is now Nov 2015. I haven't bought off on the lease or easy pay programs which all my lines are eligible.  I just don't feel like paying an additional $25-30 monthly ea tacked to the grandfathered everthing plans.

So yes, lol.  sorry about the soapbox but just disappointed that Sprint decided to do that after they said last year it wouldn't unless you upgraded after Sep 2014.

Eventually since Sprint has decided to change the subsidy upgrade time from 20 to 24 months now the new upgrade date that use to be in July 2015 is now Nov 2015. I haven't bought off on the lease or easy pay programs which all my lines are eligible. I just don't feel like paying an additional $25-30 monthly ea tacked to the grandfathered everthing plans.

So yes, lol. sorry about the soapbox but just disappointed that Sprint decided to do that after they said last year it wouldn't unless you upgraded after Sep 2014.

Call Sprint in July and ask if they can push your upgrade then. They said they'll do it for me for one of my other lines...but they only have the option to move the upgrade to now, and not on a specified date. So in July, they can likely move your eligibility then as a one-time thing.

Sent from my G2

• Like 1

I'm guessing we won't be able to make use of this with our G2.

http://www.cnet.com/news/sprint-and-boingo-partner-in-wifi-airport-deal/

Free Wifi on Boingo, yes, surely no on wifi calling since we don't have it. Great stuff though, creative ways to upstage competition. Thanks for sharing! 

• Like 1

Call Sprint in July and ask if they can push your upgrade then. They said they'll do it for me for one of my other lines...but they only have the option to move the upgrade to now, and not on a specified date. So in July, they can likely move your eligibility then as a one-time thing.

Sent from my G2

That's my game plan. I'll see in July how it turns out.

I sideloaded the update and it is awesome. The main complaint I had on the grola ROM, which was a messy port from the Korean release, was that you couldn't expand the lockscreen notifications. But it turns out the official release is a little different and this is fixed. A welcome surprise for sure.

Battery still draining and there is no menu button on the bottom like before the update.. There were certain things I used the menu button for when there wasn't a menu option on a app like Facebook messenger to save a picture or video... I keep hitting the button that pulls up the open apps and it's aggravating..

Battery still draining and there is no menu button on the bottom like before the update.. There were certain things I used the menu button for when there wasn't a menu option on a app like Facebook messenger to save a picture or video... I keep hitting the button that pulls up the open apps and it's aggravating..

Try long pressing on the button that brings up the apps. That's how it works on the G3.

Sorry to hear about the battery. Had the same issue after lollipop upgrade on the G3. Every after a factory reset.

It seems from the relative lack of posts in this thread that not too many people are still using our beloved G2.  I remember wading through pages and pages of posts after the ZVE update came out - both here and on XDA.  That said, for those who have updated to Lollipop/ZVG, how is it?  Some have reported significantly worse battery life, even after a factory reset.

Any issues, thoughts, or comments on it?

I haven't done a factory reset but my battery definitely has taken a beating... Dang thing won't charge while in using GPS... Before when I had it hooked up to the charger in the car and using GPS it would charge it easy to 100% and hold the charge.. Now it's a steady decline when charging and using GPS at the same time..

I haven't done a factory reset but my battery definitely has taken a beating... Dang thing won't charge while in using GPS... Before when I had it hooked up to the charger in the car and using GPS it would charge it easy to 100% and hold the charge.. Now it's a steady decline when charging and using GPS at the same time..

I'm on ZVG and after a few days, I can say my WiFi connectivity is worse, and my phone gets hotter a lot quicker.  

Also does anyone notice the English android keyboard (not the LG keyboard) has an option for gesture typing(typing by scrolling through the letters not by actual gestures) but when it's engaged you still cannot swipe...

Also does anyone notice the English android keyboard (not the LG keyboard) has an option for gesture typing(typing by scrolling through the letters not by actual gestures) but when it's engaged you still cannot swipe...

I just downloaded Google Keyboard from Google Play Store and it works great.