LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Well the update is officially posted on Sprint's site.  Keep an eye out for it on your phone. And no, there is no wifi calling. 

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_and_update_the_software_version_on_your_LG_G2/WServiceAdvisory_542_GKB5501

Here's to hoping it accidentally got left in AND is functional, unlike the left in Wifi Calling on the M7. Lol  

• Like 1

How come when I go to update it, on the screen it said waiting to download? Any reason why is waiting? There aren't any buttons to push to initiate update...

Just give it time. It's probably a big file.

Just actually updated it about 25 minutes ago...seems sluggish..battery seems to be draining a little quicker also...

It's always recommended to do a Factory Reset after taking an OTA.  I'll be starting fresh when I get mine set up later today.

Running smooth so far.

Sent from my G2

Is there a stock rooted zip file out there? Father has a LG g2 I rooted with a stock rom still on 4.x that may be upgraded.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Is there a stock rooted zip file out there? Father has a LG g2 I rooted with a stock rom still on 4.x that may be upgraded.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Not yet. Only the update via OTA. If he has stock recovery, it may work. Otherwise, I'd hold off.

Sent from my G2

Just got mine OTA (its been waiting since about 6a but, I didn't want to update at work).  Update was fast and smooth. Runs smooth, as well.  So far, I really like it!  The G2 has been such a great device for me.  Tomorrow will unveil what battery life beholds.

Anyone test GPS/NAV? That's been the only downfall for me on the G2.

Yeah eventually once I am done with the LG G2, I want to do that antenna trick where you open up the phone and lift and add tiny pieces of paper underneath the GPS antennas to ensure good contact.  People claim this has fix their GPS issues.  I don't think any software is going to fix it.

• Like 1

I got a few questions about performance for those that have upgraded to ZVG firmware thus far

1. Has that lingering muffled voice bug been fixed related with the Google Now app (Current fix is to disable the "Ok Google" detection from any screen option)?

2. How is battery life and LTE performance thus far?

3. Any other issues or caveats you have observed thus far?

Eric,

In my first 24 hours I think that signal/LTE performance remains unchanged, which is pretty good compared to many devices.   Battery life I think may be slightly improved, again, pretty good compared to many devices.  Overall, the phone performs quite well with Lollipop.  It seems they did a great job on the software side.  It's hard to believe that a phone this old is still this good and relevant.  If only all my devices could be this way.  This is by far the longest I've held on to a single handset and, to this day, I don't see any major reasons to upgrade. 

• Like 3

Eric,

In my first 24 hours I think that signal/LTE performance remains unchanged, which is pretty good compared to many devices. Battery life I think may be slightly improved, again, pretty good compared to many devices. Overall, the phone performs quite well with Lollipop. It seems they did a great job on the software side. It's hard to believe that a phone this old is still this good and relevant. If only all my devices could be this way. This is by far the longest I've held on to a single handset and, to this day, I don't see any major reasons to upgrade.

Got to hear man and I'll agree, the G2 is a great device AND I held on to it the longest of any in the last 5yr. I moved on to the M9 full time for much better dev support (starting with OEM support) sound and GPS! I had one of the really bad no GPS G2's, even sent back to LG which was a waste, but free.

I'm still using my G2 as a secondary, I just can bring myself to get rid of it. I'll be updating the wife's G2 in the coming days.

Thanks for the update.

• Like 1

Eric,

In my first 24 hours I think that signal/LTE performance remains unchanged, which is pretty good compared to many devices.   Battery life I think may be slightly improved, again, pretty good compared to many devices.  Overall, the phone performs quite well with Lollipop.  It seems they did a great job on the software side.  It's hard to believe that a phone this old is still this good and relevant.  If only all my devices could be this way.  This is by far the longest I've held on to a single handset and, to this day, I don't see any major reasons to upgrade. 

Awesome.  What about the muffled voice bug?  Is that still there?

Awesome.  What about the muffled voice bug?  Is that still there?

I wish I could answer this better but, I guess it may still be there. I have only had two lengthy (5 min+) conversations and, I have not noticed a difference in voice quality.  But, to be honest, I didn't even know this was a "bug."  Sounds fine to me. 

I wish I could answer this better but, I guess it may still be there. I have only had two lengthy (5 min+) conversations and, I have not noticed a difference in voice quality.  But, to be honest, I didn't even know this was a "bug."  Sounds fine to me. 

Well the easiest way to tell is to enable the Voice Recognition -> From Any Screen option on the Google Search app and try making mulitple calls.  If people can hear you from multiple calls then it should be fixed.  On the ZVE firmware you had to disable the Voice Recognition -> From Any Screen option or else like 95% of your calls will be muffled and just irritated the folks on the other line because they can't hear you as if you are whispering.

• Like 1

Well the easiest way to tell is to enable the Voice Recognition -> From Any Screen option on the Google Search app and try making mulitple calls.  If people can hear you from multiple calls then it should be fixed.  On the ZVE firmware you had to disable the Voice Recognition -> From Any Screen option or else like 95% of your calls will be muffled and just irritated the folks on the other line because they can't hear you as if you are whispering.

• Like 2