ClearWire unlimted/unthrottled $49.99 vs $54.99 (new vs existing?)

MyTravels

There are options where, with a little political jack, you could extend your cable franchise to around you, unless you live way away from everything. Even in my very rural county, there are very few places in the entire county without some sort of wired option.

Nothing here; lets move on people..if Mr Hog is in the sticks and is using a UNDERUTILIZED tower..well thats ok I guess but like Fray above I'm not sure all of this adds up..

Clearwire has only two or three truly rural sites in all of Nevada.  Whether those sites or any others are "underutilized" is up for debate.  So, yes, I am not sure that "all of this adds up."

Regardless, bandwithhog may need to do the responsible thing and move his office where more appropriate broadband options are available.  Businesses do not generally locate where supply of whatever is not readily available.

AJ

• Like 2

Just for your info, Mr Hog, I also live in Nevada; a small burg known as Henderson..BUT I happen to live in the NIMBY part

of town in the hills and quite honestly I NEVER expect to see a strong LTE signal at my house..I'm on the fringes of Wimax; the point to this is that I DON'T expect Sprint to move Heaven & Earth so that I may have a strong wireless signal; if you are truly in the sticks in Nevada you're going to have a problem once Wimax is yanked as I doubt Sprint will maintain any but the protected sites for Wimax; this is YOUR choice

Just for your info, Mr Hog, I also live in Nevada; a small burg known as Henderson..BUT I happen to live in the NIMBY part

of town in the hills and quite honestly I NEVER expect to see a strong LTE signal at my house..I'm on the fringes of Wimax; the point to this is that I DON'T expect Sprint to move Heaven & Earth so that I may have a strong wireless signal; if you are truly in the sticks in Nevada you're going to have a problem once Wimax is yanked as I doubt Sprint will maintain any but the protected sites for Wimax; this is YOUR choice

LOL, even Searchlight got better coverage compared to Henderson and yes, Clear is currently a good provider and I am happy to have them around. Lets see what will happen and if I can remain home and continue to work remotely or if I have to drive to the office for work which would not be as much fun.

LOL, even Searchlight got better coverage compared to Henderson and yes, Clear is currently a good provider and I am happy to have them around. Lets see what will happen and if I can remain home and continue to work remotely or if I have to drive to the office for work which would not be as much fun.

I live in Pahrump, aka "The Sticks", and I don't have many options for broadband. AT&T won't upgrade my copper lines for DSL, CMA Communications (my local cable company) wants $5,000-$10,000 to run cable lines in my subdivision, and mobile providers have capped data. There are new options finally with fixed wireless though. We have Digis, which bought out crappy WiMax provider Keyon, & has pretty much replaced all the old equipment, and WaveDirect, which I hear is really good, but even then their service sludges down at times. And even though the last 2 offer unlimited, I'm not going to use the amount of data that looks like I'm abusive to what I have.

• 3 months later...

You can still go to Sprint and ask for 4G Desktop Plan for 45

What is that? Its not something sprint sells from what i can see. I've never heard of it and just searched through iconnect and the QRB list and see no mention of it.

Do you have a link?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I personally think business lines should be separate from Personal Lines. But 300GB is a bit excessive even for home Broadband. I have 12Mbps down, 1Mbps up and use maybe 75GB a months. WhenI have 30 down, and 2 up I had 3to 10 people using the internet per day, and never even once hit over 225GB per month. And that was almost constant streaming, as my Desktop computer was Streaming netflix for entertainment, plus Major Downloads in excess of 10GB. I personally can't see using 300GB or even 600GB on my connection. By the way my numbers were on Cable internet. I had a time Where I abused the unlimited when I first had my smartphone, used about 20GB on my phone in a period of 3 months. I now am learning how I practically killed my sector. But Another thing is when the usage occurs. Is downloading a bunch of torrents more hurtful say at 6PM(more users) or at 3AM(usually less users). Yes it is abuse but some poeple might be at least considerate and do it when its not a peak time

What is that? Its not something sprint sells from what i can see. I've never heard of it and just searched through iconnect and the QRB list and see no mention of it.

Do you have a link?

I don't think this is a thing, either ... where did the OP see it?

Do you have a link?

No, they don't have any information on their website anymore. But if you find a Sprint Customer Service and tell them you need to swap a device into your account and only have WiMax MAC ID, they will activate it for you. If you have cellphone service on the account, it is unlimitted 4G for 35. If you don't, it is 45.

I don't think this is a thing, either ... where did the OP see it?

I am using it. It is not on the website. But find a customer service agent and tell them you need to active a Sprint device that only has WiMax MAC ID and they will tell you the plan

Edited by dnwk