The Iphone 5s & Iphone 5c [not Tri-Band LTE] (was "Next iPhone to be announced on September 10")

sbolen

Quick question: If an iPhone 5s/5c is connected to LTE, is there any way to determine which voice frequency it is connected to? The Field Test screen seems to only show 1 connection at a time, and I read in another thread that LTE locked 1X out of the Field Test screens, but that was several months ago, and I wondered if anyone had since figured out a way to see both.

Thanks in advance.

When LTE is active, it won't show 1x or EVDO. In order to see your voice connection, you have to turn off LTE.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

When LTE is active, it won't show 1x or EVDO. In order to see your voice connection, you have to turn off LTE.

Or if the phone is jail broken, you can install Signal 2 to see everything at the same time.

Or if the phone is jail broken, you can install Signal 2 to see everything at the same time.

That's true. I forgot about that. Thanks!

Quick question: If an iPhone 5s/5c is connected to LTE, is there any way to determine which voice frequency it is connected to? The Field Test screen seems to only show 1 connection at a time, and I read in another thread that LTE locked 1X out of the Field Test screens, but that was several months ago, and I wondered if anyone had since figured out a way to see both.

Thanks in advance.

You can view that information without disabling LTE. The next time you're on a call, click "add call," then click "dialer," then dial *3001#12345#*, then click "1x."

• Like 1

You can view that information without disabling LTE. The next time you're on a call, click "add call," then click "dialer," then dial *3001#12345#*, then click "1x."

That works. Thanks.

I love you. How do I identify HD voice?

I love you. How do I identify HD voice?

On Field Test, I have never found anything that identifies an HD call.

• Like 2

On Field Test, I have never found anything that identifies an HD call.

Yeah really the only way I could tell it was HD voice was when both my father and I were sitting there wondering why the call sounded so different. The first thing I had done was check Field Test, but nothing gave me the slightest inclination that said that it was HD Voice.

-Anthony

Yeah really the only way I could tell it was HD voice was when both my father and I were sitting there wondering why the call sounded so different. The first thing I had done was check Field Test, but nothing gave me the slightest inclination that said that it was HD Voice.

-Anthony

I thought I read somewhere that it says a different band class or something. But don't quote me. That is probably completely unrelated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, this works but only because the phone essentially disables LTE for you...when you're on a call your data connection is disabled therefore the only connection you maintain is your 1x. With that said, this feature is a nice way to track what towers / sites you're connected to while on a call as well as identifying which band you're on during a call (1x800 or 1x1900). For me it's less convenient to have to place a call to someone / or even a dead line than it is to go to settings / cellular / quickly turn off the LTE connection while I check my current 1x / EVDO status.

• 6 months later...

My sister has a 5c and her charging port is on the fritz.  Her solution is to switch ti AT&T to get a "free" iPhone 6 - tried to explain to her it won't be unlimited and won't be "free" but she doesn't get it.

Will Sprint repair this?  or Apple?  She doesn't have Apple Care nor TEP.  But I have had Sprint fix phones before without insurance, they just charged $50 or something.

My sister has a 5c and her charging port is on the fritz. Her solution is to switch ti AT&T to get a "free" iPhone 6 - tried to explain to her it won't be unlimited and won't be "free" but she doesn't get it.

Will Sprint repair this? or Apple? She doesn't have Apple Care nor TEP. But I have had Sprint fix phones before without insurance, they just charged $50 or something.

Take it to an Apple Store I have had pretty good luck with them swapping it out for free.

I should probably add it's a year old.

Did they swap out the phone? Or just the charging port?

If they can't fix it in store they will usually replace it with a refurbished device.

I went through 4 iPhone 5s (not to be confused with the iPhone 5S) and they kept swapping them out with no issue.

Last time was past warranty.

• 2 weeks later...

The 5s operates on band 25 and 26 yes? My son is not receiving 800 mhz in an area where 800 should be active. It is also not an issue of the network choosing band 25 over 26 because band 25 will drop out and he has no service. Any suggestions?

The 5s operates on band 25 and 26 yes? My son is not receiving 800 mhz in an area where 800 should be active. It is also not an issue of the network choosing band 25 over 26 because band 25 will drop out and he has no service. Any suggestions?

iphone avoids 1x800 like its the plague. I believe the only way to make a call on it is if you are on b26 and the call comes in, or you place a call while on b26. Every other time it will revert to pcs, even if it's unusable.

Edit: I'm sorry. Read your post a little too fast there. If b26 is available and your son can't get it, can you verify that you're getting 26 on your or another device? It could be the iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

iphone avoids 1x800 like its the plague. I believe the only way to make a call on it is if you are on b26 and the call comes in, or you place a call while on b26. Every other time it will revert to pcs, even if it's unusable.

Edit: I'm sorry. Read your post a little too fast there. If b26 is available and your son can't get it, can you verify that you're getting 26 on your or another device? It could be the iPhone.

I have to check the next time I am in Virginia. 

Wait, does the 5S do just voice on 800 or voice and data?

Wait, does the 5S do just voice on 800 or voice and data?

Voice and Data.  Mine rarely goes onto 1x800 (CDMA 800) and would rather drop the call than silently move over to that band.

Iphone 5S Sprint version specifications from http://www.apple.com/iphone-5s/specs/

• Model A1453*: CDMA EV-DO Rev. A and Rev. B (800, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz); UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26)

Voice and Data.  Mine rarely goes onto 1x800 (CDMA 800) and would rather drop the call than silently move over to that band.

Iphone 5S Sprint version specifications from http://www.apple.com/iphone-5s/specs/

• Model A1453*: CDMA EV-DO Rev. A and Rev. B (800, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz); UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26)

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

I hate to revive a dinosaur... but I had an opening spur of the moment on my Framily and decided to jump on it. Since I just dropped unexpected money on my Note, I had to watch the budget especially since this is now my business line.

Anyway, since the iPhone 5S was cheap and I've never had iOS before, I decided to go with that over spending more on the SE or a new/used 6/6S or 6+/6S+, just to make sure I'll actually like it. So I now have a space gray iPhone 5S 16GB.

As of right now, I needed it more to secure the phone number for marketing purposes. I won't be doing anything heavy on it. Just the basics of phone, texts, email and keep the social media updated for the business.

My only complaint which I knew going in was that the whole phone itself is the smaller than the screen size of my Note haha... it's been really weird too not having widgets or a back button. But the whole OS has been really smooth over the past 5 days or so too.

One thing that REALLY stands out is the battery life, I'm blown away with this... 

IMG_0004.jpg