The Iphone 5s & Iphone 5c [not Tri-Band LTE] (was "Next iPhone to be announced on September 10")

sbolen

if there are any lte800 live near you. You would have to manually change your prl to put lte800 scan and importance over 1900

No, LTE priority is not controlled by a PRL.  That is a CDMA2000 process.

AJ

• Like 1

The answer is no, we will have to rely on the device to do so.

In the 800 thread, someone in Wisconsin has been picking it up and it stays on 800. He airplanes and got back on b25 but lost it and the 5s switched over to b26.

In the 800 thread, someone in Wisconsin has been picking it up and it stays on 800. He airplanes and got back on b25 but lost it and the 5s switched over to b26.

I'm hoping and praying that my 5s just wants to be on 26 the majority of the time once it launches. I'm just happy that the 5s has that band enabled, and we don't have to wait for sprint to release some dumb update.

Which thread is this?  If true, then this is good news.  Is there an app or way to see what LTE band 5S is on?

Which thread is this?  If true, then this is good news.  Is there an app or way to see what LTE band 5S is on?

The 800LTE thread is in the premier sponsor section.  From your iPhone dial *3001#12345#* dial, if you are connected to LTE you will see a menu item for "Serving Cell Info", under that is Freq Band Indicator, 25 is 1900LTE 26 is 800LTE

• Like 1

Which thread is this? If true, then this is good news. Is there an app or way to see what LTE band 5S is on?

are you jail broken if so download this app from Cydia it's called signal 2 and will show you a lot of info about what your connected to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

are you jail broken if so download this app from Cydia it's called signal 2 and will show you a lot of info about what your connected to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks.  Per engineering screen (*3001 dial), Band 26 is active.

Oops, sorry...Sugar Land Texas.  Around my house, i get band 25.  But, around my area, even down towards Needville, i get Band 26 and 25.  And then towards Katy from Sugar Land, i also get band 26.  Speed varies a lot, but i got 20 Mbps download enroute to work with band 26.  BUT, i have noticed that i have now LTE where i did not before...probably from band 26 longer range?

According to Sprint text message last week, my area will be fully upgraded within next month.  Not sure what that means...but you guys probably know more than me.

And yeah, my iPhone 5S switched seamlessly without any effects on calling/texting ability.

Edited by tigmd99
  • Like 5

I'm hoping and praying that my 5s just wants to be on 26 the majority of the time once it launches. I'm just happy that the 5s has that band enabled, and we don't have to wait for sprint to release some dumb update.

Not likely. The 5S has priority on band 25, and from what I read, will only go to band 26 after it has completely lost B25, rescanned for B25 and then will switch. However, LTE is network controlled so if band 25 become overloaded, you would probably switch over to B26, and vice versa.

Edit: not sure if you can force different priority with jailbroke iPhone. Mine is not jailbroke, so priority for me is B25.

Oops, sorry...Sugar Land Texas.  Around my house, i get band 25.  But, around my area, even down towards Needville, i get Band 26 and 25.  And then towards Katy from Sugar Land, i also get band 26.  Speed varies a lot, but i got 20 Mbps download enroute to work with band 26.  BUT, i have noticed that i have now LTE where i did not before...probably from band 26 longer range?

According to Sprint text message last week, my area will be fully upgraded within next month.  Not sure what that means...but you guys probably know more than me.

And yeah, my iPhone 5S switched seamlessly without any effects on calling/texting ability.

Please post a screen shot of the speed test and field test mode. I don't think anyone has connected to B26 yet so you might be the first :o

Damn, i think that i deleted the screen shot from my phone (and photostream) after showing it to my brother.  Band 26, bandwidth 5Mhz.  Once i drive over that area, i can take another screen shot.  

But, yeah, i am pretty happy that my 5S jumped to 26 pretty regularly.  I have no idea about band priority.  Mine is NOT jailbroken...ios7.0.4.

• Like 1

The iPhone will likely move to Band 26 from Band 25 before it completely runs out of range. Remember that LTE is network controlled and not running through a PRL list like CDMA. Once Band 25 performance is starting to degrade on the device, it will start scanning for better LTE connections itself, or the network may tell it to.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Damn, i think that i deleted the screen shot from my phone (and photostream) after showing it to my brother.  Band 26, bandwidth 5Mhz.  Once i drive over that area, i can take another screen shot.  

But, yeah, i am pretty happy that my 5S jumped to 26 pretty regularly.  I have no idea about band priority.  Mine is NOT jailbroken...ios7.0.4.

Mine is not jailbroken either. I don't need all that customization just a phone that works and does what I want it too.

The iPhone will likely move to Band 26 from Band 25 before it completely runs out of range. Remember that LTE is network controlled and not running through a PRL list like CDMA. Once Band 25 performance is starting to degrade on the device, it will start scanning for better LTE connections itself, or the network may tell it to.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

I always get that mixed up between CDMA and LTE. Thank you for the correction. I guess that's actually a very good thing. Last thing apple wants is for people to think that the iPhone is the reason they are having bad service, and not just that their current LTE band is overcrowded. 

Here it is.  Engineering screen with band 26.  My speedtest app screen shot was too big to upload.  Speed was 13.35 Mbps download and 3.64 Mbps upload.  Ping 56.

:clap::banana:  :urock:  . That is awesome. How is your in building penetration?  Have you had a chance to go into the darkest crevice of a room and see how your signal is..Like somewhere where yo would normally have a horrible LTE connection. 

No, not yet. This was on my way home on the highway. In freezing rain (for Texan!), I pulled over like a geek when I got LTE 26! Sacrifice for you guys!

Also about the screenshot. I used to have that issue. If you don't have the tapatalk app I would recommend it. The updated it and made it much easier to upload photos and what not to a forum, and got rid of that size restriction thing. CONGRATZ on finding B26! I am jealous. 

• Like 2