The Iphone 5s & Iphone 5c [not Tri-Band LTE] (was "Next iPhone to be announced on September 10")

sbolen

For other OEMs the international model comes out pretty quickly, I'm thinking Samsung specifically.

Really? Give me one example of any android oem officially announcing a product and it being released in lest than a month anywhere(with maybe the exception of anything nexus)?  There may be a few but definitely not in under two weeks.

So then there will be a model specifically for China which supports band 41?

• Model A1530*: UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); FDD-LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20); TD-LTE (Bands 38, 39, 40)

I find it odd to have the 5C.  The improvements over the 5 are minor, and all you are getting is a colorful plastic case.  It's $100 cheaper yes, but you could also say that for only $100 MORE you get much better features in the 5s.

The 5s is a nice upgrade.  We'll have to wait to see what apps take advantage of the 64-bit processor.  The motion improvements look great, and better battery life is always welcomed.  I'll wait until I try out the Touch ID in person to see how useful that really is.  Store demos of fingerprint technology could be a challenge though!

I will be sticking with my 5 as there's not enough new in the 5s to make me want to upgrade, but my family members still on the 4 and 4S will be very happy.

NOPE NOT TRIBAND.

• Model A1533 (CDMA)*: CDMA EV-DO Rev. A and Rev. B (800, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz); UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 13, 17, 19, 20, 25)
  • Model A1453*: CDMA EV-DO Rev. A and Rev. B (800, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz); UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26)

Interesting.  First dual band LTE phone?  Well at least LTE 800 could be supported.  I wonder why not B41?  Doesn't Softbank use B41 for TD-LTE?

Perfect. Dual-band 800/1900 means it should retain SVLTE, no?

So much for Sprint skipping dual-band, lol.

The single band iPhone 5 didn't have SVLTE so who knows.

As far as skipping dual-band, the iPhone was always mentioned as a possible caveat to that statement.

I think it's strange that they are doing away with the iPhone 5. It seems like a bad move :/

Overall, not impressed. Same phone, somewhat better specs. Oh well, maybe next time they will manage to surprise me :P

-Luis

Not really, the iphone 5c probably has a larger profit margin so they will make more money off of selling the iphone 5c at $99 on contract compared to the 5 at the same price.  Makes perfect sense to me.

• Like 1

So, 5S will support LTE 800 and 1900, but not 2600?  I am OK with that...2600 was to off-load anyways, right?  LTE800 is the main one.

To be honest, I think most people would rather have the LTE 800 support over LTE 2600 support since its going to have better range and building penetration.  The only problem is that 800 MHz deployment is not everywhere in the US since those cities near the IBEZ areas will not get to experience LTE 800 or CDMA 800.

• Like 4

Not so fast.  Like it or not -- and I do not like it -- Apple runs the show.  Even if the new iPhone variants are only single or dual band on Sprint, Sprint will offer them.

AJ

Both phones  appear to support 800 LTE .. I hoped for  2500.. as they just announced in the love conference Softbank will be carrying the phones while also saying the new iPhones "now support more LTE bands then any phone in the world."

Well at least its dual band...I think thats alright...obviously we all hoped for tri-band but I'm content with the dual band.  if they wouldn't have supported the 800 LTE frequency...I would've boycotted apple for years to come but i'm alright with it

I will be sticking with my 5 as there's not enough new in the 5s to make me want to upgrade, but my family members still on the 4 and 4S will be very happy.

My wife and I are on the 4S, so we're due to upgrade. I'm looking forward to seeing the improvements, especially in the camera and battery life.

To be honest, I think most people would rather have the LTE 800 support over LTE 2600 support since its going to have better range and building penetration.  The only problem is that 800 MHz deployment is not everywhere in the US since those cities near the IBEZ areas will not get to experience LTE 800 or CDMA 800.

2600 inclusion isn't for the Iphone users.  It's for the rest of us on the network. 800 will be eaten alive along with 1900

• Like 3

My wife and I are on the 4S, so we're due to upgrade. I'm looking forward to seeing the improvements, especially in the camera and battery life.

The camera updates are really appealing in the 5s.  Larger aperture and sensor should help with low-light situations.

Well, if there's no SVLTE support then it was pointless to exclude Band 41. I was banking on all these iPhones being able to off-load to that band to keep speeds on Band 25 up for the rest of us.

I am also still nonplussed that there is no 802.11AC support.