Samsung Galaxy Mega (TRI-BAND) [SPH-L600]

MartialRanger23

I got to see this baby today when I went to Tysons Corner and it's a huge screen. It drifnitely has a wow factor just from the size of the screen alone. AT&T is offering it for 149 I think. I didn't get a good look at the contract price but the retail price is much less than the Note 2 which shocked me. 479 vs 700. Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

The specs are lower on the Mega 6.3 than the Note 2. It's unfortunate, but I figure if it has Tri-Band LTE then I'm getting it for sure. I love having strange phones, and what's stranger than a 6.3 in. phone?!

• Like 1

The specs are lower on the Mega 6.3 than the Note 2. It's unfortunate, but I figure if it has Tri-Band LTE then I'm getting it for sure. I love having strange phones, and what's stranger than a 6.3 in. phone?!

A 17.3 inch phone?  :lol:

• Like 1

I love having strange phones, and what's stranger than a 6.3 in. phone?!

You...for using oversized, strange phones.

;)

AJ

• Like 1

Is the back plate ribbed for her pleasure?

Dude, you just posted that underneath my son's post. :mad:

Now that I've freaked you out...

He is college aged. :rofl:

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Mmm, you, too, will enjoy the feeling of the pleasure ridges...

AJ

I'm actually contmeplating getting the SGM for my mother.  She needs a phone with a big screen, and I am tired of watching her struggle to use her Nexus S, with its old-school mini-screen (damn presbyopia!). I don't think it would be worth the extra money it to get her the latest and greatest tri-band device, since she really dosen't use data all that much, and these will still support 1x800 for voice/text improvements. I guess I'm just not sure what device would be better for someone who has trouble seeing close up objects, the giant screen on the Mega, or the near-giant screen on the Note II with s-pen (which will likely drop in price very soon). Any thoughts?? Thanks! 

I'm actually contmeplating getting the SGM for my mother.  She needs a phone with a big screen, and I am tired of watching her struggle to use her Nexus S, with its old-school mini-screen (damn presbyopia!).

Hey, we do not criticize religion at S4GRU.  Methodists, Baptists, Catholics, Jews, Muslims, Mormons, Hindus, Shintoists, Atheists, Animists, and, yes, Presbyopiists are all welcome here.

;)

AJ

• Like 4

Eh, I realized the other day I could fit a 7-8" tablet in my pocket (it was an iPad Mini, to be exact). The Mega obviously doesn't go far enough!

• Like 1

Eh, I realized the other day I could fit a 7-8" tablet in my pocket (it was an iPad Mini, to be exact). The Mega obviously doesn't go far enough!

Dude..how big r ur pants bro?

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

Dude..how big r ur pants bro?

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

I usually wear a 34 or 36 waist, depending. Now, I can do that in slacks or regular jeans (takes a little bit but it works); definitely can't with skinny jeans.

I'm actually contmeplating getting the SGM for my mother. She needs a phone with a big screen, and I am tired of watching her struggle to use her Nexus S, with its old-school mini-screen (damn presbyopia!). I don't think it would be worth the extra money it to get her the latest and greatest tri-band device, since she really dosen't use data all that much, and these will still support 1x800 for voice/text improvements. I guess I'm just not sure what device would be better for someone who has trouble seeing close up objects, the giant screen on the Mega, or the near-giant screen on the Note II with s-pen (which will likely drop in price very soon). Any thoughts?? Thanks!

I remember reading about a 3rd party launcher for ppl who have trouble seeing. I forget the name.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

The Sprint variant Galaxy Mega 6.3 is coming.  You heard it here first.  Oh, and I almost forgot, it is tri band LTE...

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-354-teaser-megalith-megahertzsamsung-galaxy-mega-63/

AJ

• Like 11