Android 4.3 Release date for sprint

z250kid

Well after working 17 hours I came home and opened kies and lo-and-behold I was prompted that there was a firmware upgrade, went smoothly and I am now on 4.3. :) Don't know why manually installing it wouldn't work.

how are you likin it? I think its so much smother then 4.1imo

how are you likin it? I think its so much smother then 4.1imo

It's a lot smoother/faster then 4.1, although I am having some weird issues that I think a format/reinstall might fix. I randomly have two files downloading pretty much all the time and they are images and when I click on them it says file not found and I can't figure out what is causing it.

u2a8evy8.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Edited by BlueAngel

It's a lot smoother/faster then 4.1, although I am having some weird issues that I think a format/reinstall might fix. I randomly have two files downloading pretty much all the time and they are images and when I click on them it says file not found and I can't figure out what is causing it.

u2a8evy8.jpg

I didn't have that glitch but I have noticed that every wifi I go into is "unstable" so I had to turn off auto connect or wat ever

I've had the 4.3 update for a little over a week now, phone seems much smoother, faster, and it seems like the screen is more crisp and clear.  I miss my scrolling marquee for the news on the lock screen  :( wish there was a way to get it back...

After the 4.3 update, the default SMS app (yes, I use it: Is it laziness or senility?) shows annoying little avatars next to each message.  And besides being annoying, they take up valuable screen real estate.  Does anyone know how to turn the little buggers OFF? 

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

How do you format and reinstall?  My phone updated smoothly with no issues, but my wife's is having the same problem you had.

Turn the phone off and turn it on again holding the power + volume up + home button and select format/wipe or whatever.

I got the update this morning. The only issue I'm having now is internet connectivity issues browsing the internet. I get booted offline every 35-40 seconds or so while trying to browse. Other than that, my phone is faster and smoother.

I belive now the bars represent data signal i have near full bar on signal check for voice and half on lte and i have 2 bars of service

I noticed this also comparing it with Signal Pro and Sprint Zone. I had no bars in an spotty 3G/LTE area I drive through daily to and from work showing up on top of phone, when it use to show full bars of excellent voice way before the update.

I noticed this also comparing it with Signal Pro and Sprint Zone. I had no bars in an spotty 3G/LTE area I drive through daily to and from work showing up on top of phone, when it use to show full bars of excellent voice way before the update.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hn17wbm5uwsuzez/Pvw8qGUkeV

I am thinking the exact same thing. I have had - 70 for 1x but - 114 for LTE, I showed only 1 bar. :-/

I am thinking the exact same thing. I have had - 70 for 1x but - 114 for LTE, I showed only 1 bar. :-/

You can use SignalCheck or another app to put up a notification icon showing your voice signal. Other than that, you would need custom tweaks to SystemUI.apk to edit the system bars.

-Mike