Novatel MiFi 500 (Sprint Tri-Band Hotspot)

dedub

Wirefly cancelled my order saying that I asked for it to be cancelled. Total BS. I'm going to do chat with them and tell them they are lying, and that I didn't request it. So we'll see how it goes.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Wirefly cancelled my order saying that I asked for it to be cancelled. Total BS. I'm going to do chat with them and tell them they are lying, and that I didn't request it. So we'll see how it goes.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Got a cancel the same way, I tried the chat, but it failed so I emailed them.

Got a cancel the same way, I tried the chat, but it failed so I emailed them.

And TMIWireless.com fixed their error too. :( Oh well, no free MiFi for me.

I am currently chatting with them. I am not going to make a big deal. It obviously appears to be an error we are attempting to exploit, but I am asking politely for them to ship it. Can't hurt to ask.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I am currently chatting with them. I am not going to make a big deal. It obviously appears to be an error we are attempting to exploit, but I am asking politely for them to ship it. Can't hurt to ask.

Am I somehow missing the chat button?  I don't see one.  I called them, but it was an automated system and then it hung up on me after it said I was cancelled.

My order from TMI was cancelled, but didn't say why.  They told me to chat with them, but I don't see a chat button.  So I sent an email.

I sent an email to Wirefly yesterday, and never got a response.

At this point, I don't care. It's on Wirefly's face to sit here and string me along for a day, and then lie and say I cancelled the order. If they screw up, they need to honor their mistake and give the people what they want, their free MiFi's. Other companies have been forced to honor pricing mistakes before, so they need to now. But who am I? Just some number that doesn't count in a world of greed.

Response given in my chat:

Robert, I have consulted with our specialized team. Unfortunately, there was an error on the website, the MiFi 500 LTE by Novatel Wireless was not free thats why we are unable to process the order. I'd suggest you to place a new order with the actual price.

We could file a class action suit over that line of bull. They sold hundreds, if not thousands at that price, so they need to honor it for us.

If this is true, this will be a costly mistake on their part. Ouch. I wonder how many were shipped at the free + free shipping price?

I'm still not convinced this is a mistake. I think they've run out of stock and are trying to limit incoming sales at that free price.

Or, It might have been a limited supply at that price offer and they ran out of allocation and now it's back to the original price.

Sent from my Sprint iPhone 5, not the old one (using Tapatalk 2).

We could file a class action suit over that line of bull. They sold hundreds, if not thousands at that price, so they need to honor it for us.

Yeah...I don't understand why some people were able to get them, and others weren't.  It should have been all or nothing at that price!

No point in getting legal.  This is on the website:

PRICING ERRORS

Despite our best efforts, a small number of the items offered by us from time to time may be mispriced. If an item's correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before shipping or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation.

No point in getting legal.  This is on the website:

PRICING ERRORS

Despite our best efforts, a small number of the items offered by us from time to time may be mispriced. If an item's correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before shipping or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation.

Oh well. I guess the lawsuit idea went out the door.

I just filed a complaint with Call for Action.  Let's see if they can do anything.

You guys may want to reference this site/thread in your e-mails to WireFly. 1) So they can see all the people they have let down. 2) I have seen WireFly active in other forums and, I'd be curious to hear what they have to say about this in public. 

Given the device is only 50 bucks from Sprint, I will likely be making my purchase directly from Sprint. No point in letting WireFly get their activation bonus from Sprint if this is how they're going to treat customers. Cutting out the middle man usually means cheaper prices anyway, even if in the long run.  Just a thought! :)

You guys may want to reference this site/thread in your e-mails to WireFly. 1) So they can see all the people they have let down. 2) I have seen WireFly active in other forums and, I'd be curious to hear what they have to say about this in public. 

Given the device is only 50 bucks from Sprint, I will likely be making my purchase directly from Sprint. No point in letting WireFly get their activation bonus from Sprint if this is how they're going to treat customers. Cutting out the middle man usually means cheaper prices anyway, even if in the long run.  Just a thought! :)

I'd do that if I could handle another contract on my account, but I can't right now. I put my Galaxy Nexus line onto my Sprint Phone Connect just so I pay the same amount as what I was paying when the Nexus was on Seasonal Standby, without extending my contract.

I have no need for a Hotspot on a regular basis, the only reason I wanted this one was for periodical usage solely for the purpose of tracking deployment of the other bands. I love this site, but can't justify the purchase price just for tracking purposes. Pretty sure my wife would not be to happy with me. If anyone that ordered 2 wants to donate one for tracking purposes, I will put it to good use ;-)

• Like 1