centermedic

General Investing Forum

Results were not as bad as expected. Investors like it, and Sprint shares have unfortunately risen above $6 this morning.

I will continue to monitor the stock over the next few weeks for possible sub-$6 points to initiate a position.

It's under $6 again

It hit 6.16 today.  42 cents increase in one day.

It hit 6.16 today.  42 cents increase in one day.

A significant gain.

Any hope left for significant downside is some surprise event or if the general market is down bad. Otherwise, the bottom may have now passed. Let's see what the economic numbers are this week (GDP, jobs, Fed).

Congrats to anybody who has a position started at $6 or less.

I have initiated a position in Sprint at $6.56

I will buy more if there are further good price drops.

In the near-term, hopefully the next iPhone is triband.

S is at $6.

I will probably pick up some shares after 10/30 Q3 earnings report.

Expecting a terrible quarter.

• Like 1

How many folks here are looking at flipping and how many are looking at a long hold?

How many folks here are looking at flipping and how many are looking at a long hold?

I'll hold on forever. 

I now hold Sprint at an average cost of $6.27

If I soon free up funds elsewhere, I will buy more shares at $6 or less.

i don't have sprint or any large value from the company i work at currently.  At one point in time, I had a lot of money invested in my company stock.  My fortune was at the mercy of how well this company was doing and to me this is too much risk.  I currently have a very diverse type of profile and I try to keep a 40/60 diversification.  Forty percent in bonds and the remaining in various stocks.   

Good rally today due to analyst upgrades. I sold off part of my position for a slight profit, but stand ready to buy if the price dips to $6 again.

I got a little too buy happy with my speculative Sprint position and my account is a tad too correlated to Sprint now. Whoops

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

i don't have sprint or any large value from the company i work at currently. At one point in time, I had a lot of money invested in my company stock. My fortune was at the mercy of how well this company was doing and to me this is too much risk. I currently have a very diverse type of profile and I try to keep a 40/60 diversification. Forty percent in bonds and the remaining in various stocks.

To diversify your bond position, you may consider putting some of that 40 percent in treasury inflation protection funds. I would hate to see what interest rate increases would do to that portfolio.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

S is at $6.

I will probably pick up some shares after 10/30 Q3 earnings report.

Expecting a terrible quarter.

up 15% as of my last post.

still watching this not jumping in yet

After buying Sprint shares near $6, my position has enjoyed a healthy appreciation. Since the market rewarded today's quarterly report, I will probably be in hold mode for the long-haul; don't know if there are any downward catalysts left aside from overall market events.

Great day for S!

Agreed. Hit above $8 for the first time. My position in Sprint has appreciated over 30% the past 2 months.

Such a quick run-up should trigger a sell, but I am confident that Sprint will go even higher over the next 2 years.

Great day for S!

Another great day.  Anyone know why it's going up so much? Maybe the articles of people explaining Sprints potential or Spark's advertising?

Any predicted drops soon? Or should I just buy while its still under $9?

The Spectrum deal that Verizon/T-Mobile are making might make it go down a bit - but if Sprint announces a T-Mobile takeover, the stock could skyrocket.  Totally unpredictable.  

• Like 1

The stock has already appreciated 50% within the past few months, so you may have missed the boat.

If you do buy it now, your patience should have to be at least 1 year, as the stock price is likely to be volatile.

So 9 months or so ago on a lark I bought 3 contracts of Call options at $10 strike, Closing Jan 18th.  

I really just expected to let them expire, but now it looks like I may get to make some money off them.  What a nice surprise.

• Like 1