General Investing Forum

centermedic

Results were not as bad as expected. Investors like it, and Sprint shares have unfortunately risen above $6 this morning.

I will continue to monitor the stock over the next few weeks for possible sub-$6 points to initiate a position.

It's under $6 again

It hit 6.16 today.  42 cents increase in one day.

A significant gain.

Any hope left for significant downside is some surprise event or if the general market is down bad. Otherwise, the bottom may have now passed. Let's see what the economic numbers are this week (GDP, jobs, Fed).

Congrats to anybody who has a position started at $6 or less.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i don't have sprint or any large value from the company i work at currently.  At one point in time, I had a lot of money invested in my company stock.  My fortune was at the mercy of how well this company was doing and to me this is too much risk.  I currently have a very diverse type of profile and I try to keep a 40/60 diversification.  Forty percent in bonds and the remaining in various stocks.   

i don't have sprint or any large value from the company i work at currently. At one point in time, I had a lot of money invested in my company stock. My fortune was at the mercy of how well this company was doing and to me this is too much risk. I currently have a very diverse type of profile and I try to keep a 40/60 diversification. Forty percent in bonds and the remaining in various stocks.

To diversify your bond position, you may consider putting some of that 40 percent in treasury inflation protection funds. I would hate to see what interest rate increases would do to that portfolio.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

After buying Sprint shares near $6, my position has enjoyed a healthy appreciation. Since the market rewarded today's quarterly report, I will probably be in hold mode for the long-haul; don't know if there are any downward catalysts left aside from overall market events.

• 4 weeks later...

Great day for S!

Agreed. Hit above $8 for the first time. My position in Sprint has appreciated over 30% the past 2 months.

Such a quick run-up should trigger a sell, but I am confident that Sprint will go even higher over the next 2 years.

• 4 weeks later...

Any predicted drops soon? Or should I just buy while its still under $9?

The Spectrum deal that Verizon/T-Mobile are making might make it go down a bit - but if Sprint announces a T-Mobile takeover, the stock could skyrocket.  Totally unpredictable.  

• Like 1

Any predicted drops soon? Or should I just buy while its still under $9?

The stock has already appreciated 50% within the past few months, so you may have missed the boat.

If you do buy it now, your patience should have to be at least 1 year, as the stock price is likely to be volatile.