General Investing Forum

centermedic

S is currently $5.76 - I can only imagine that there will be a selloff after the earning report, because NOTHING will satisfy analysts.

Same thing is happening with Apple and Samsung... analysts will say that "while earnings were X, we were really hoping for Y," even if Sprint has a blowout quarter. It's a crappy game, but that'll at least drive the stock down for everyone who wants in.

• Like 1

S is currently $5.76 - I can only imagine that there will be a selloff after the earning report, because NOTHING will satisfy analysts.

Same thing is happening with Apple and Samsung... analysts will say that "while earnings were X, we were really hoping for Y," even if Sprint has a blowout quarter. It's a crappy game, but that'll at least drive the stock down for everyone who wants in.

It's a coin toss.

Yeah, that is always a concern. I got interested after reading a couple of reports pointing to an increased domestic demand and China becoming less of a factor internationally.

Alcoa is a good company. When looking into metal manufacturers, just remember that they will be affected by any government and military cuts or spending.  As long as Boeing and other aircraft companies are still growing, manufacturing should still do well. 

• Like 1

Alcoa is a good company. When looking into metal manufacturers, just remember that they will be affected by any government and military cuts or spending.  As long as Boeing and other aircraft companies are still growing, manufacturing should still do well. 

There is some speculation that the auto industry may increase its use of aluminum to reduce the weight of vehicles and assist in fuel economy targets. In my mind it increases the opportunity to make or lose money. Taken together I think a small investment would be my best bet right now.

Our R&D department dropped all aluminum tech development die to high costs of secondary alloys required for strengthening. We have a 50 to 60 member design team working solely on carbon fiber. We have driveshaft, CV joint and other drive train technologies based solely on carbon fiber. That weigh undone cases a .10 of steel and way less than aluminum. We have purged out plant almost entirely of Aluminum.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

There is some speculation that the auto industry may increase its use of aluminum to reduce the weight of vehicles and assist in fuel economy targets. In my mind it increases the opportunity to make or lose money. Taken together I think a small investment would be my best bet right now.

Did you guys catch the article this weekend about how Goldman Sachs is using a loophole to control the aluminum market? Those guys sure are shrewd. I recall a Rolling Stone article that described them as 'The world's most powerful investment bank is a great vampire squid wrapped around the face of humanity, relentlessly jamming its blood funnel into anything that smells like money.'

Here's the link about how they are making money on aluminum...

http://www.mlive.com/business/detroit/index.ssf/2013/07/new_york_times_how_goldman_sac.html

This is something interesting to check out.

What the heck should you do with Sprint?

Their recommendation is to buy Sprint if next week's quarterly report is a disaster.

The stock hit $5.61 today before recovering to $5.85. If it goes down to mid- or low-$5 range this week, then I may initiate a position and buy more next week if it falls again.

Did you guys catch the article this weekend about how Goldman Sachs is using a loophole to control the aluminum market? Those guys sure are shrewd. I recall a Rolling Stone article that described them as 'The world's most powerful investment bank is a great vampire squid wrapped around the face of humanity, relentlessly jamming its blood funnel into anything that smells like money.'

Here's the link about how they are making money on aluminum...

http://www.mlive.com/business/detroit/index.ssf/2013/07/new_york_times_how_goldman_sac.html

Yup. I saw that. Disgusting but apparently legal. it seems that Goldman and others have been manipulating the commodities market for awhile now.

Their recommendation is to buy Sprint if next week's quarterly report is a disaster.

The stock hit $5.61 today before recovering to $5.85. If it goes down to mid- or low-$5 range this week, then I may initiate a position and buy more next week if it falls again.

It may drop under $5 if the report is a disaster.  It will most likely be a disaster, many people left Sprint because of Nextel.

• Like 2

It may drop under $5 if the report is a disaster.  It will most likely be a disaster, many people left Sprint because of Nextel.

Drop drop drop.  You want it to be a bad quarter so that people hate the stock with a passion and sell sell sell.  Then you scoop up the shares on the cheap. 

Cut to an image of Craig Moffett, who has aged a great deal since he left Sanford Bernstein...

excellent-mr-burns.gif

AJ

• Like 3

By the way, I have decided to combine Joan Lappin and Craig Moffett together as one person, known as "Crony Laughable Muppet."

;)

AJ

• Like 3

Drop drop drop.  You want it to be a bad quarter so that people hate the stock with a passion and sell sell sell.  Then you scoop up the shares on the cheap. 

That is the plan.   :D

Made 600 in the first two min of market opening today. Option's are crazy good when your right! 

Made 3800 gross for the week, lost 340 net gain 3460. :)

The force was with me this week. :) 

Now only if it was real money than a paper trade thing. :(

• Like 3

Am I missing something? That site you linked to says "Sprint (S) will report Q2 results tomorrow morning, the first report since Japan’s Softbank (9984JP) purchased 72% of the company earlier this month.

Analysts are modeling $8.69 billion in revenue and a 30-cent-per-share loss."

Sprint stock will most likely tank tomorrow.  Maybe a good time to buy.

I'm glad I got paid on Friday. It's already down another .09 in pre-market trading at 5.65....

Sprint stock will most likely tank tomorrow.  Maybe a good time to buy.

Results were not as bad as expected. Investors like it, and Sprint shares have unfortunately risen above $6 this morning.

I will continue to monitor the stock over the next few weeks for possible sub-$6 points to initiate a position.