General Investing Forum

centermedic

SoftBank owning 100% of Sprint would take it off the US markets. That would be wonderful. Then SoftBank could go to work really making more drastic changes to the core business.

I and many others here own part of that 19% of Sprint .  SoftBank would need to offer more than $10 a share for me to sell.

• Like 3

I and many others here own part of that 19% of Sprint .  SoftBank would need to offer more than $10 a share for me to sell.

With SoftBank already owning 81% would you have a choice in the matter? I don't think so. 

The biggest external issue Sprint faces right now is Wall Street, a street in New York, filled with speculative sharks, that are playing games with the stock. I wish SoftBank would buy out so they could finally go forward making the changes that are really needed. I think we're on the right track for once but we may have to go to more extreme measures at this point to catch a T-Mobile again. 

• Like 1

With SoftBank already owning 81% would you have a choice in the matter? I don't think so.

We live in a free capitalist world (or at least country), so, yes(!), I and other minority shareholders have a say in the matter.  :o

Such bullying by a majority owner you advocate is patently unfair, and thus corporate laws have actual "fairness" clauses that protect minority shareholders from a majority owner taking advantage of depressed prices and many other situations that would result in "burdening" the little guy.  SoftBank would be outright prevented from taking Sprint private or at least face long, massive lawsuits.

Legal explanation:  http://www.pepperlaw.com/publications/cash-outs-of-minority-stockholders-a-delaware-perpective-2000-07-11/

Source law:  http://delcode.delaware.gov/title8/c001/sc09/

Such bullying by a majority owner you advocate is patently unfair, and thus corporate laws have actual "fairness" clauses that protect minority shareholders from a majority owner taking advantage of depressed prices and many other situations that would result in "burdening" the little guy.  SoftBank would be outright prevented from taking Sprint private or at least face long, massive lawsuits.

They may have to deliver a premium to you, but certainly not three times its value, and they can certainly force you out.

By the way for anyone looking, Sprint is now trading where it was pre-earnings and is looking like it will be going lower.

• Like 1

Downgraded by Oppenhemimer to Underperform.  A 10% hit.

Today's low so far is $3.14, bringing Sprint stock in danger of breaking the 52-week low of $3.10

At this current rate, T-Mobile US market capitalization may soon be triple that of Sprint ($33 bil vs $11 bil).

Stock price going into the $2 range would be another bad hit to morale, though it would yet cause me to buy more shares.

How do you determine its "value"?

Well, it's currently trading for $3.20/share. If they swooped in today and gave you a $1 premium they could force the sale without issue.

Stock price going into the $2 range would be another bad hit to morale, though it would yet cause me to buy more shares.

And if it went into the $1 range it would be delisted. No use throwing good money after bad.

Edited by luvixuha
  • Like 1

Shorts have to cover.

Not Spook Peterson.  His shorts do not even cover his nuggets.

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/dirtball-burnout-convention/2860908

AJ

Sprint up 10% today. Anyone know why?

Currently trading at $3.71.

EDIT: Up almost 12% now @ $3.77.

Only announcements I can see are expansion of Direct 2 You.

It's the elasticity of the market - the global indices are all up today.

It's the elasticity of the market - the global indices are all up today.

Global indices (which move only incrementally) can never explain 10% changes in individual stock prices, let alone 5%.  And Sprint has overall never tracked the broader market.  The Dow Jones Industrials were down Thursday and Friday, yet Sprint rose both those days.  Year-over year, Sprint is down over 30% while the Dow is up over 6%.

Well, it's currently trading for $3.20/share. If they swooped in today and gave you a $1 premium they could force the sale without issue.

$4.20 with your "$1 premium" would still be a signficantly depressed sale price to what Sprint stock was originally issued at and what many minority stockholders may have later purchased at (up to $10/share).  As previously cited, we live in nation of laws that aim towards "fairness" (language used by courts ruling on corporate law).  Why would anybody invest in a company in which the controlling owner (SoftBank) can take advantage through market price manipulation?  There have been major court cases regarding the attempted squeeze outs of minority stockholders.  Please see below.

Legal explanation:  http://www.pepperlaw.com/publications/cash-outs-of-minority-stockholders-a-delaware-perpective-2000-07-11/

Source law:  http://delcode.delaware.gov/title8/c001/sc09/

Sprint up 10% today.  Anyone know why?

Currently trading at $3.71.

EDIT: Up almost 12% now @ $3.77.

Only announcements I can see are expansion of Direct 2 You.

Trading volume on Sprint stock is above average today.  With no clear public catalyst, I assume there are some big institutional investors or insiders surprise buying up the stock today resulting in short sellers having to cover their bets.

I bought more Sprint shares at $3.20 last week, so I am slightly pleased in the short-term, but not when I think about my prior buys at $5 and above.  :lol:

• Like 2

Anybody here own nTelos (NTLS)?  I am interested in their focus on West Virginia and western Virginia, long-term wholesale agreement with Sprint, and possible buyout in the future.

NTLS was $4.75 when I wrote the above post with no buying action on my part.  Shentel just announced it is buying nTelos for $9.25 a share.   :(

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/shenandoah-telecommunications-company-to-acquire-ntelos-holdings-corp-and-amend-affiliate-relationship-with-sprint-corporation-2015-08-10

• Like 1

NTLS was $4.75 when I wrote the above post with no buying action on my part. Shentel just announced it is buying nTelos for $9.25 a share. :(

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/shenandoah-telecommunications-company-to-acquire-ntelos-holdings-corp-and-amend-affiliate-relationship-with-sprint-corporation-2015-08-10

Anyone know exactly what spectrum assets are being transferred to Sprint in this arrangement?
  • Like 1

Where does NTelus have AWS, PCS, and EBS/BRS spectrum holdings?

Virginia West Virginia area. Look at the thread in the main NV forums. There's a map in it.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Where does NTelus have AWS, PCS, and EBS/BRS spectrum holdings? 

They have 43 spectrum licenses, four of which have an associated lease. You can find specifics on the FCC's buggy spectrum dashboard. They have eleven BRS licenses, no EBS. They have seven AWS-1 licenses covering CMAs 157, 203, 256, 683, 684, 685 and 686. The remaining 25 are PCS.

• Like 3