Softbank - New Sprint - Discussion

linhpham2

I wish Sprint knew how to advertise. Their framily commercial makes me sad, especially when the Verizon More Everything commercial plays right after it.

Well VZW and AT&T are advertising better prices. They also can boast the best network as well. Where as TMO can really only talk about its disruption tactics. And sprint about unlimited data...

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well VZW and AT&T are advertising better prices. They also can boast the best network as well. Where as TMO can really only talk about its disruption tactics. And sprint about unlimited data...

Network experience is highly subjective. I don't think there is a way to say a network is better over all. If you live,work and play in dead spots what does it matter that overall in even the city you live in that carrier has the fewest dropped calls? So I don't even know what it means to say a carrier has a better network out side of a better network for me.

• Like 4

Do you think Sprint or T-Mobile are looking into merging with large regional carriers like US Cellular?

USCC is not that large. Acquisition would affect your general area and mine. But for most Sprint subs, it would be little different from Network Vision completion in some market on the other side of the country. They do not care because it does not help them.

AJ

• Like 1

I wish Sprint knew how to advertise. Their framily commercial makes me sad, especially when the Verizon More Everything commercial plays right after it.

I thought this was one of Sprints better commercials. Plus, it targets the demographic it is currently going after.

I do miss their commercial comparing the 4 networks though and saying that they have unlimited and won't throttle.

I thought this was one of Sprints better commercials. Plus, it targets the demographic it is currently going after.

I do miss their commercial comparing the 4 networks though and saying that they have unlimited and won't throttle.

I love seeing that Verizon commercial where they have people guess the blots on the map - the Sprint map almost looks way more complete than the AT&T and TMO maps in the half second or less you have to see it.

I do like the Framily commercials. It's a silly name, but you can't beat the message - get 7 people to join your group and everyone pays $25 + whatever a la carte data plan you'd like. When my kids are old enough for phones, that's going to save us beaucoup bucks.

USCC is not that large. Acquisition would affect your general area and mine. But for most Sprint subs, it would be little different from Network Vision completion in some market on the other side of the country. They do not care because it does not help them.

AJ

I would of thought Sprint would of liked to of bought the rest of them out seeing they got Chicago, but that probably just gave them more spectrum space they wanted because Sprint probably had enough towers in that area and was beneficial just for that area and buying up the rest of them in the future would not be worth it.  

I thought this was one of Sprints better commercials. Plus, it targets the demographic it is currently going after

I agree, I think the Framily commercials do their job. But then again, I find it difficult to judge the new commercials objectively - the previous ones with the two veteran actors talking gibberish were so bad that anything else is an improvement.

I'm starting to wonder why Sprint is taking so long to modify it's plans to cheaper pricing.

All the other three carriers have been making positive moves n the area of price and data. Sprint has introduced the framily plan with for most people with corporate discounts, it will raise their bills... Not lower them. Plus, the entry requirements are very strict... When other companies introduce plans, they are actually achievable without going through hoops.

I shouldn't be ready an article let today that basically laughed at Sprint's International plans while having something good to say about the other three. I hate that Sprint acts worse than Verizon and somehow we are supposed to promote them to our friends. Lastly, when I hear about network vision someone always brings up that in the future sprint may have tiers... Are you kidding me? Even in a couple years, B41 is not a complete network service, you need to have the triband to have a complete service.

Please get with it and act like an underdog and cut your prices. And heavensake, introduce better none unlimited plan and raise the price on unlimited (Reference t-mobile).

• Like 2

I'm starting to wonder why Sprint is taking so long to modify it's plans to cheaper pricing.

All the other three carriers have been making positive moves n the area of price and data. Sprint has introduced the framily plan with for most people with corporate discounts, it will raise their bills... Not lower them. Plus, the entry requirements are very strict... When other companies introduce plans, they are actually achievable without going through hoops.

I shouldn't be ready an article let today that basically laughed at Sprint's International plans while having something good to say about the other three. I hate that Sprint acts worse than Verizon and somehow we are supposed to promote them to our friends. Lastly, when I hear about network vision someone always brings up that in the future sprint may have tiers... Are you kidding me? Even in a couple years, B41 is not a complete network service, you need to have the triband to have a complete service.

Please get with it and act like an underdog and cut your prices. And heavensake, introduce better none unlimited plan and raise the price on unlimited (Reference t-mobile).

I think this belongs in the General topics..... Plus "I hate that Sprint acts worse..." sounds like its a rant..... Violating the rules herecI am pretty sure at least borderline... 

• Like 2

So, I don't know if this has been posted before or not, but this Lightreading article has some serious allegations against Legere's past, including misappropriating company money, sexual harassment suits, etc.

http://www.lightreading.com/mobile/4g-lte/is-softbank-ready-to-reunite-with-legere/a/d-id/707433

• Like 1

You need a subscription to read it on mobile devices but not on computers

Negative Ghost rider, computer or not, it's a no go

I dont think they want to do a big push that will add subscribers yet. At least not till nv1.0 is completed. Just my guess

• Like 2

I dont think they want to do a big push that will add subscribers yet. At least not till nv1.0 is completed. Just my guess

And backhaul to said NV1.0 completed site's should be there to.

• Like 4

From the article:

"In Japan, Mr. Son uses the information to track down the worst underperforming sales employees and their managers, according to two people familiar with the matter. He then pesters them for hourly updates on their progress."

Sounds like a terrible idea! Like hilariously bad. Updating your boss every hour doesnt exactly boost productivity...

What Im shocked about is that under new ownership Sprint has done NOTHING to make their international offerings competetive. I thought for sure that would be a round 1 change.

Tmobile made a huge splash with their international texting + data.

Apparently that hit Verzion, because now theyre advertising free international texting.

And this week tmobile matched verzion by offering free international texting from the US.

Meanwhile, Sprint is stuck in an international pricing plan from the 90s.

At the very least, texting should be included for free in all of North America (and Japan).

Incidentally, is Sprint at all affiliated with Nextel Mexico?

What Im shocked about is that under new ownership Sprint has done NOTHING to make their international offerings competetive. I thought for sure that would be a round 1 change.

True. Sprint does need to revamp their international offerings soon. It's disappointing too since at one point in the past Sprint (oddly) had the most compelling international data offering out of the big 4.

Incidentally, is Sprint at all affiliated with Nextel Mexico?

Nope, no affiliation with NII other than the fact that Sprint DCS devices can direct connect with NII subscribers. NII's headquarters is in Reston, VA which is, of course, the city that Nextel's HQ was located.

What do you want, Japan?  That is the other extent of SoftBank holdings.  Meanwhile, Deutsche Telekom holds interest in operators in many countries.  Plus, since the rest of the world uses Euro centric, namby pamby GSM and W-CDMA, Deutsche Telekom can ink reciprocal roaming agreements with other operators.  Sprint, being a CDMA2000 operator, cannot do that.

AJ

What do you want, Japan?  That is the other extent of SoftBank holdings.  Meanwhile, Deutsche Telekom holds interest in operators in many countries.  Plus, since the rest of the world uses Euro centric, namby pamby GSM and W-CDMA, Deutsche Telekom can ink reciprocal roaming agreements with other operators.  Sprint, being a CDMA2000 operator, cannot do that.

AJ

Thats why I think they should do at the very least Canada, Mexico, and the Carribean, where there are CDMA operators. As a bonus, thats where most Americans do their international travel anyway.

And yes, Japan. That should be a given.

• Like 1

Thats why I think they should do at the very least Canada, Mexico, and the Carribean, where there are CDMA operators. As a bonus, thats where most Americans do their international travel anyway.

There is a problem with that. The tech is changing. So you can ink agreements with those operators but if they or you change tech then those agreements are worthless. You can buy those operators but now you have to modernize them as you move along the tech evolution. Thats dicey at best. The best course in my opinion is to sit back and wait for VOLT. Then you can start signing international roaming agreements.

I never understood that "Americans" term to only refer to US Citizens when any country in North and South America can be considered Americans, but I digress, that's for another topic.

Although 54% of US Citizens have never travel outside the US and 35% don't even have passports, the reason most do their international travel there is because they are the closest to US. Beyond that I guess it depends on what list you look at to determine which country gets visited the most by US Citizens. But most are in Europe.

Either way, I would love for more roaming agreements but I don't see that happening.

Japan roaming is unlimited talk, text, sms. I used it on our corporate account and it was only $5.

• Like 1