Softbank - New Sprint - Discussion

linhpham2

I've seen this with other companies - the stock has vested and now they are free to sell. I don't think this is bad news, just an opportunity to sell at today's prices and maybe diversify their investments with stocks from other sectors.

Yeah, they are shifting their portfolios to TMUS.

AJ

Random, but speaking of telecom stock's USCC's is getting beat up today after posting subscriber losses yet again. USM is down almost $4 at the moment.  :o

:drool: Time for Softbank to make a move there (one that won't draw heat from the DOJ or FCC)!

• Like 7

Unfortunately the only way he probably looks in that direction is if he becomes convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that the DoJ and FCC won't let him have TMUS.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Unfortunately the only way he probably looks in that direction is if he becomes convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that the DoJ and FCC won't let him have TMUS.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

He needs to be doubting it.  I wonder if we can help him draw the conclusion faster?  :)

Robert

• Like 7

He needs to be doubting it.  I wonder if we can help him draw the conclusion faster?   :)

Robert

For better or worse I doubt that many self-made billionaires have gotten to where they are by being deterred from their plans in spite of the first, second or even third time being told "NO".  :wall:

• Like 2

We have never to date received any single donation larger than $100, ever.

Robert

Until now... ;)

Seriously, though, I finished my taxes on Sunday and came out even better than last year, so an overdue donation was already on my mind. Your post prompted me to pull the trigger before my refunds deposit into my account. :tu:

• Like 14

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000249187

Here is Hesse talking about sprint spending 35 billions in 5 years building a new network.

Glade to see him say there is a since of urgancy in the network build but also supper disappointed to hear him say they'll only be 2/3 complete by middle of the year. If he is talking about NV 1.0 any way.

Glade to see him say there is a since of urgancy in the network build but also supper disappointed to hear him say they'll only be 2/3 complete by middle of the year. If he is talking about NV 1.0 any way.

I interpreted his "2/3 complete" comment to be a reference to the overall Network Vision project, which encompasses both the "rip and replace"/1xA/CDMA 800/B25 LTE (NV 1.0) stage, and the LTE B26+B41/GMO to full-build conversion stage (NV 2.0). Everything we've heard so far indicates NV 1.0 is supposed to be wrapped up by this summer. 

• Like 1

He said they will be complete with all rip and replace by mid-year does that mean all legacy equipment will be off tower's.It sound's a little vague to me.

Every site should be running on just NV gear by the end of summer. Just probably only a few odd outlier sites with problematic owners remaining. But not necessarily all the deinstalls complete.

Deinstalling old equipment is a low priority and doesn't really materially mean much. However, deinstalls seem to be occurring much faster now. They were taking 6-12 months at the beginning of NV.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

Every site should be running on just NV gear by the end of summer. Just probably only a few odd outlier sites with problematic owners remaining. But not necessarily all the deinstalls complete.

Deinstalling old equipment is a low priority and doesn't really materially mean much. However, deinstalls seem to be occurring much faster now. They were taking 6-12 months at the beginning of NV.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

I was shocked at how fast 90% of the Pre-NV gear was ripped out of Lansing, once the 3G was integrated.  Only a few oddball sites, like the lugnut, still have legacy antennas.

Not sure Sprint can be held liable since the phone and thus its contents were no longer hers.

• Like 2

Sorry, but she should of not had them on her phone there. Anyone with a brain would go thru and delete stuff like that and anything else you don't want others to see on your phone when your turning in a old phone for a new one or returning a phone to the store so things like this won't happen. I personally wipe my phones of ALL INFO before I return or turn in a phone to ANY store.

I don't think Sprint should be liable for it due to the fact that once you turn in your phone and either replace it with a new phone, you release Sprint of all of their liability if I am correct on this if not please feel free to correct me on this.