New Sprint Plans...Unlimited, My Way, My All-In

Paynefanbro

The option is still there in the RMS system to waive in corporate stores. But we aren't allowed to touch it. If it shows up in a report you waived it you are going to have to answer some questions from your DM and probably get some documentation. Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I can second this. I have only touched that waive activation check box about 4 times during the same promotion during only one holiday season. It was a promotion that customers had to do a "reserve in store" which was waived online but not in store. The customer would have to bring confirmation and when we pulled it up it would say waived or not. The activation was waived for new lines but not upgrades.

If it's waived online and they RIS it should automatically take it off when you do the confirmation. I've never seen it waived manually and I've never seen a RIS customer that expected it waived come back and complain. I just know I've always been told not to touch it lol

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I had no problem when I asked telesales and I quote "can you check and see if you can waive the activation fees for me?" When I pre-ordered two iPhone 5's the morning they went on sale. She put me on hold and then came back and said ok. It must've been my lucky day or something. 

During this time they customer service was able to do more. The first wave of changes was the cancellation fees went up to 350 and 14 day exchange, all happened when iphone 4/4s came out. About mid 2012 was when customer service started getting more strict. Corporate would send updates in the playbook telling store employees that customer service will no longer waiving fees if they were not supposed to and for store employees to not advise customers to call customer service after upgrading/activating with the expectation of the fee being waived.

If it's waived online and they RIS it should automatically take it off when you do the confirmation. I've never seen it waived manually and I've never seen a RIS customer that expected it waived come back and complain. I just know I've always been told not to touch it lol

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

When I was training my lead told me "NEVER" touch that waive activation check box. Shortly after I was hired I became a keyholder and one night during holidays 2011 I had a customer come in with a RIS that did say waive activation fee but when I added the line in RMS it still added it. My lead was off and I called her (No other lead, asm, sm was there) and she said "remember that check box I told you to NEVER touch? Check that box now". I did that a few more times during that promotion and the SM never said anything after the first one and said that is how it was done. After that I never touched it again and I left Sprint in the middle of May 2013.

Sprint's Everything Referral Plus Plans are back on the Sprint.com/sero website. They are show next to the new All My way plans.

I guess the whole " the sky is falling" was for nothing. :ninja:

I'd rather see Sprint chop up what's left of SERO for better non-contract plans as an option other than the All In plans that Sprint has just unveiled.

If these new plans don't gain much traction, FierceWireless quotes the NY Times as saying, "SoftBank CEO Masayoshi Son indicated that Sprint could cut service pricing in the future as SoftBank seeks to revitalize Sprint and make it more competitive in the United States now that its acquisition of the carrier is official. We will be aggressive in technology, price packages, services on every front," Son told the New York Times. "At the same time, we will improve the network to be the world's best," he said."

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/softbanks-son-hints-further-price-cuts-sprint/2013-07-19

• Like 2

I'd rather see Sprint chop up what's left of SERO for better non-contract plans as an option other than the All In plans that Sprint has just unveiled.

Don't touch SERO!!!!!  SERO is not the problem here.  Just add another plan product to be competitive.  Sprint needs to focus on improving the network first and not try to shake the tree too much at this point.  Lets give the My Way, My All plans a few quarters to see how effective they are in attracting customers.

• Like 2

When that time comes and they haven't added the 15 or so sites to my area that are necessary for typical city coverage in the state capital, then I am out.

• Like 2

Yeah T-Mobile seems very enticing... I have already decided to jump ship to T-Mobile but I got a 5 line family plan with Sprint and all with different contract end-dates.

Trying to orchestrate how I will go about it but it will happen in the 1-2 months. Hopefully I will still be welcomed here as there's no site like this knowledge-wise.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta