Network Vision/LTE - Cleveland/NE Ohio Market

Ianmac23

No acceptances in Cleveland yet. I check almost every day.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

I just spoke with the Ericsson guy briefly, it seems like he's either not wanting to give anything up or they haven't started inspections yet.

The good thing is that we know work is being done and things are in progress, it's just a lot of waiting for it to get down the chain.

Speeds are better, but still not fast enough sometimes in Brooklyn or on 90 to use Siri.

It's not like they have every single cell site upgraded yet... So hold your horses. Siri doesn't work right even on wifi so shhh.

I'm getting 334 kbs download speeds at 11 am here in Brooklyn. Not LTE, but better than 33.4 Kbps. A technical perhaps related question- are you familiar with the field testing short code you can apply to see your signal strength?

I'm at -106 right now, and I understand the higher the number the worse the signal? So I would assume the signal in this area should only get better.

Around 150th and I-71 I got the lowest (best signal?) reading I have ever received @ -45.

However, I think the download speed was dismal. Is all of this related to the upgrades taking place?

Update- I'm getting >2 mbps on i-90 and in brooklyn today. Are goods things coming? Seems like a switch has been turned on the last 24 hours!

I was around W 59th - W 45th last night pulling 1.3mbit/s down without issues. This was at 1:30a though.

Not that a sprint rep's word means much, but he said he's superiors informed him that this region should start seeing lte signals in the beginning of June. Obviously there's next to no credibility to this but we can hope.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm at 1.4 Mbps down at 11 in Avon Lake, but apparently there are some dead spots along walker road that are significantly dead. How does one gave five bars with no speed ( like in brooklyn or walker road) and then 2 bars at home or work get > 1 Mbps ?

It's kind if like a strong router with weak Internet

Not that a sprint rep's word means much, but he said he's superiors informed him that this region should start seeing lte signals in the beginning of June. Obviously there's next to no credibility to this but we can hope.

That sounds like it could be somewhat right. That would be 3 months prior to launch.

Except we don't know when sprint will "launch" lte in this area do we?

I've been told Nov 18th by Ericsson.

At this point in time there is no way to know when the launch will be. Sprint doesn't even try to put dates on things more than a couple months out since there are just too many variables.

Sent from my HTC ONE

Given what we know about the permits that have been pulled, backhaul sightings, and possibly some work underway, that sounds very plausible. It wouldn't be surprising to see something before the end of May at this point.

Sent from my HTC ONE

• Like 1

Something must be going on in the Beachwood/shaker heights area. Speeds usually around .3-.5mbps. Getting 1500ms ping and .05mbps today. Effectively useless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like Elyria near 57 :S.

I was at Great Northern Mall in North Olmsted last weekend and they have a Sprint kiosk right next to the T-Mobile kiosk. I was with my buddy and one of the Sprint engineers was at the Sprint kiosk working on something and I know someone that works at the Sprint kiosk. The engineer said that this area known as Cleveland-West is complete with LTE and that they are just waiting for Sprint to give the OK to flip the switch. Now I'm taking that with a grain of salt but if this is true then I'm not very happy with Sprint but some of the reps I've spoken with at Best Buy and other locations have all told me that Cleveland is apart of the baulk launch in October. Once again I'm hoping that's not true either.

I was at Great Northern Mall in North Olmsted last weekend and they have a Sprint kiosk right next to the T-Mobile kiosk. I was with my buddy and one of the Sprint engineers was at the Sprint kiosk working on something and I know someone that works at the Sprint kiosk. The engineer said that this area known as Cleveland-West is complete with LTE and that they are just waiting for Sprint to give the OK to flip the switch. Now I'm taking that with a grain of salt but if this is true then I'm not very happy with Sprint but some of the reps I've spoken with at Best Buy and other locations have all told me that Cleveland is apart of the baulk launch in October. Once again I'm hoping that's not true either.

Uhm No. They're not going to "flip the switch" any time soon whatsoever. What Sprint is doing though is beginning to deploy in that area. Work has begun and will likely see acceptances within several weeks for some sort of NV upgrade be it 4g or 3g. The bulk of the work is planned to be done during the summer time which should mean that LTE should be available in many places (but not completely filled in) by the end of summer. By fall, a good portion of the market should be done so October sounds about right for a tentative market launch of certain areas.

On the other hand, SMR 800 / LTE 800 services will help a lot as the shut down of iDen progresses towards the complete shut down date of june 30 and there's good reason and confirmation that LTE 800 will be launched in the surrounding areas within several months.

I wouldn't say this area is complete, although I would agree that it's pretty damn close. If you're talking about the western part of Cleveland proper I might have to agree with you. That's the only place I've been able to pick up eHRPD in months on Sprints network in Cleveland along with 2 Mbit+ download speeds.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I wouldn't say this area is complete, although I would agree that it's pretty damn close. If you're talking about the western part of Cleveland proper I might have to agree with you. That's the only place I've been able to pick up eHRPD in months on Sprints network in Cleveland along with 2 Mbit+ download speeds.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

In downtown akron off rt 8 there is a nv 3G complete tower, other than that I haven't seen any work in the Akron/canton area on sprint towers.

• Like 1

Not much in the way of information but @ least people in this area have something to look forward too..

I saw you guys up there - tower on the West side of I-71, North of 303 near the intersection of Carpenter & Grafton. Like you said, it's not complete and it doesn't seem to be broadcasting any LTE or upgraded 3G yet, but good to see there is actual progress here! Are those 1900 & 800 RRUs that you installed? If so, is that site outside the IBEZ or was the 800 RRU installed due to anticipated agreement with our beadie eyed friends across Lake Erie? Any other sites in the area that you're working on?

Not much in the way of information but @ least people in this area have something to look forward too..

Big props to all the nut jobs willing to risk their lives climbing towers maintaining our cell phone networks.  :tu: Definitely not a task for me, I'm far too clumsy for that!

• Like 1

In downtown akron off rt 8 there is a nv 3G complete tower, other than that I haven't seen any work in the Akron/canton area on sprint towers.

Where is this tower located? I am local to the area and drive through there all the time. 

Where is this tower located? I am local to the area and drive through there all the time. 

Right at the perkins exit on rt 8, the big lattice tower. It's on your right if you're going south. You can see the exact location if you become a sponsor.