Ianmac23

Network Vision/LTE - Cleveland/NE Ohio Market

That's great. But the problem is when my phone does go to B26, I'll have half my bars, but the data is pretty useless (no data or very slow speeds).

Hopefully some optimization will fix that.

Ah yes, I know what you mean. B26 coverage at some sites is downright awful right now. I was in range (line of sight, literally) of the site in Parkman yesterday. I had one device on 800 (hydro icon - my best performer) and one on 1900 (Nexus 5 - best performer). I was consistently getting a 10-20 dB weaker on 800. I've been keeping my hydro on 800 at home, and I've noticed a vast improvement in 2 weeks. These were grabbed from roughly the same spot a few minutes ago. I'm only a 1/2 mile from the site.

Screenshot_2017_02_17_10_40_00.pngScreenshot_20170217_104340.png

Granted it doesn't account for antenna placement between devices, nor the margin of error in placement, but on average the signal is about 15-20 dB stronger here on 800, and so far the only site where I've found that 800 outreaches 1900. Too bad only one sector is active at my home site. :( So, there is hope. Just some patience is needed.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• TAPATALK VERSION
    BACK ONLINE

• PROGRESSIVE RAFFLE
    FOR AN iPHONE 8

iphonexiphone8.jpg

WHICH CAN PROGRESS TO AN iPHONE 8+ OR AN iPHONE X
    **or an Android device of equal or lesser value**

CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Similar Content

• By S4GRU
      Did you know that with many Sprint (Uniband) LTE Android devices, the signal strength indicator at the top does not show your LTE signal strength? Even if 4G or LTE is displayed next to it?

That's right!  This signal displayed here is your 1x (voice signal), and it is not your 3G EVDO signal strength, nor your LTE signal strength.  Regardless of whether it says 3G or 4G next to it. This is the cause of a lot of confusion.  Also, third party apps like NetMonitor do not show accurate LTE signal strengths. They also only show the 1x signal strength, even though they may reference being connected to LTE.
      The purpose of this thread is to help educate the masses, because many people think they have a strong LTE signal, when in fact they do not. And then they are unhappy, thinking that Sprint LTE is really slow, even with a strong signal. LTE performance is very signal strength dependent. So, when you have a weak signal, you can expect much slower than peak results.

There is only one accurate way to get your LTE signal strength, and that is from your LTE Engineering screen in your Debug menu. And we will discuss the different ways to get that below.

...In HTC, Motorola & LG Sprint LTE devices:
      Go in to your phone app, and dial ##DEBUG# Select LTE Engineering Go down to RSRP. The number under RSRP shown in dBm is your LTE signal strength. ...In Samsung Sprint LTE devices:
      Go in to your phone app, and dial ##DEBUG# Enter 777468 for your lock code Select LTE Engineering Go down to RSRP. The number next to RSRP shown in dBm is your LTE signal strength. ...In the Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 5:
      Go in to your phone app, and dial *#*#DEBUG#*#* Enter 777468 for your lock code Select LTE Engineering Go down to RSRP. The number next to RSRP shown in dBm is your LTE signal strength. The LTE Signal Strength Scale:

Now you have determined your actual LTE signal strength in dBms your device is receiving, you can use the following scale below to determine its strength:
      Better than -88dBm RSRP is a strong signal Between -89dBm and -96dBm is a very good signal Between -97dBm and -105dBm is good Between -106dBm and -112dBm is fair Worse than -113dBm RSRP is poor Feel free to link people to this thread for explanation. Hopefully, this will clear up some confusion out there!

• By riddlebox
      Hey guys,
      I was just wondering if anyone had any idea on when the LTE upgrades would happen in St. Louis? I have been a loyal sprint customer for a long time and just realized that my 3G speeds are around 120kbps and that is horrible! Also 4G is around 1-2mb! I work right in the middle of STL and these are the speeds I get? I am excited about the new LTE and cant wait but I am hoping for a nice 3g speed increase too.....
    • By brendan4t
      As I live about twenty minutes from Boston, I venture to boston once a while, as bordering Lowell, I sometimes get 4g WiMax if I go near the border of Lowell/Tewksbury.... As there is a cell phone tower next to my house i'd be hoping it could get LTE, which is highly unlikely. I'm just curious when Boston area will get their upgrade... I understand its in the first roll-out stage, im just curious about the date

P.S

Boston has WiMax if some may not know.
    • By EntrepreneurKid
      I'm here looking for answers to a simple question. Where is this mystery Sprint signal coming from? For the past few weeks I've received a signal on multiple Sprint devices, two Sprint devices with roaming turned off, and two Virgin Mobile phones and Virgin Mobile phones can't roam, the other rate plans might be able but I'm talk about Virgin Mobile devices from before they introduced all those other plans. What I'm making clear is these devices have to be picking up a Sprint signal, plus I've downloaded the SignalCheck Pro app which has indicated two different signals 1XRTT and 1X800. 

The signal only last for about 8 hours each morning and begins coming in and out towards the end of each morning. I try making a call and it fails, and it doesn't get any data at all. I try each device and they all do the same thing they have a signal and very strong signal with no data, and voice doesn't go threw, I haven't tried sending a text figured no data, no voice then there must be no text.

I read about some "projects"  that Sprint has going on Project Ocean and Project Cedar. Since Project Ocean is suppose to be taking place in Missouri and I live so close to the Iowa, Missouri line, I figured if there is a tower going up maybe it is possible I'm getting a signal from it, in the early stages. I really don't know what is going on, if Sprint is launching service, putting up new towers and that signal finally comes, and stays, and works. I'll be back full time on the Sprint ban wagon. Unfortunately, I live in an area not served by (according to experience and coverage map) Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint. Not even the two Iowa carriers i Wireless or Chat Mobility serve my area, go 10, 15 or 20 miles in any direction your good, here, wireless dead zone, no choice of carriers. And if Sprint puts a tower here if I finally get an answer and learn that signal will soon come and stay and work I'll finally have a choice.

So if anyone has any ideas, has experienced this in other parts of the country or has any idea what could be going on please say. Any information is better than not knowing, and together maybe this will be answered.
    • By jeremyvbk
      I picked up a wilson signal booster at bestbuy for $250, normally $399. I am going to attempt a setup and see how well it performs. I will try a window, and hopefully pole setup. I have a tall old tv antenna running up the side of my house. I hope i can get high enough (scared of heights) to get good reception. This is going to be for testing purposes. Any suggestions for these types of installs?