Network Vision/LTE - Cleveland/NE Ohio Market

Ianmac23

Oh so none around in that area then? Is it for the network upgrades or for LTE? Also do you have issues with trying to get data if your in the Avon area? Very slow...

I'm just south of Avon, so close in fact that one of the towers I constantly connect to is in Avon. I drive through Avon every morning. 3G works just fine but it drops out and or gets to slow to sustain streaming audio on my phone. I'm not too sure which though because I'm usually driving. It's about a mile before you get to Detroit Road coming up 83 North, as you hand off to the cell site on the water tower.

I work at that Starbucks in Avon and its dead zone over there. It very bad during the day sooooo slow but at night it gets alittle better..

That probably explains my stream dropping.

4G WiMAX is available but you have an iPhone which doesn't really let you use that. Network Vision is coming soon to the area, so it won't be long.

You're right near a tower though, so you should have blazing fast speeds and 100% signal on 4G and 3G.

You would think but here in Avon lake and Avon it's very bad! Calls are fine but data is bad. I hope those upgrades fix it. I get the circle of death on my iPhone too.

Do you know when the updates are coming?

I don't know what's going on in Avon. I need to go to their building department and get a list of permits filed since the first of the year. If permits are already filed work should start soon. Work in the Cleveland market has supposedly been going on since the beginning of this month. I haven't been able to confirm that though. I know back haul is in place on quite a few towers in my area.

Hopefully they will continue on South into the Akron area. I am in Cuyahoga Falls, Wimax stopped a bit North of me so I'm a bit salty!

AFAIK Akron is part of the Cleveland market. Permits have been filed everywhere from East Palestine to Sandusky. Akron will definitely see some NV love.

Hopefully they will continue on South into the Akron area. I am in Cuyahoga Falls, Wimax stopped a bit North of me so I'm a bit salty!

I saw a tower right off of rt8 and Howe ave. that had a whole array on antennas removed. Not at&t or verizon on that tower. Maybe it was Nextel equipment? Ill see if I can snap a picture.

Aaaaand my speed has gone back to crap. I can barely use my phone at work, and my 3G connectivity is now cutting in and out.

I only report this because I hope it means they're working on the towers nearby. I find the activity being reported here encouraging.

Anyone have any idea when we can start seeing actual improvement?

Aaaaand my speed has gone back to crap. I can barely use my phone at work, and my 3G connectivity is now cutting in and out.

I only report this because I hope it means they're working on the towers nearby. I find the activity being reported here encouraging.

Anyone have any idea when we can start seeing actual improvement?

I would give it about 2-3 months. Where are you in the Cleveland market? I'll be checking out some cell sites after work today so I'll see if there's been any progress in Downtown Cleveland. I know they've been filing quite a few permits so things should start moving along smoothly soon. Work has already started in the outside suburbs of Cleveland. Most of it is getting back haul to the tower and to the platform or building that the equipment is in.

I'll report back on the status of the sites I check out today when I get home.

I live in Parma (right near the mall), and work just off 480 East a little north of the 77 split (Garfield Heights). My home connection was up to around 1.4 to 1.8 Mbps, and now I get less than half that. At work, I get around 30 to 50 kbps (yeah, it's that bad).

Something is going on, because it's bouncing around like crazy.

Edited by QMaverick

Does anyone have any info on permits or actual work being done in the eastern suburbs?

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3186-cleveland-permits-for-network-vision

Heres the link that one of our members are tracking the permits in the Cleveland area. You must be a sponsor in order to view it heres information on becoming a member. http://s4gru.com/ind...come-a-sponsor/

• Like 1

I live in Parma (right near the mall), and work just off 480 East a little north of the 77 split (Garfield Heights). My home connection was up to around 1.4 to 1.8 Mbps, and now I get less than half that. At work, I get around 30 to 50 kbps (yeah, it's that bad).

Something is going on, because it's bouncing around like crazy.

If you get a chance drop by Parma's building department and see if you can get a list of permits for commercial antenna installations. I'll be going out to Avon's soon, I know work is being done in that city.

• Like 1

Really, do you know where at in Avon? I really can't wait!!! While your out by Avon you should check Avon Lake too! Can just anyone get a copy of those permits?

Also to be a sponsor do you have to give a certain amount of money?

To be a sponsor you can give any amount.

Yes, anyone can get a copy of those permits. If you could get to your building department that would be helpful because I don't have much time between work and sleep.

New member here. Currently have iPhone 4S. Not an iPhone fanboy! I actually like the htc one better than my iPhone but I don't want to give up iTunes. Passed on iPhone 5 (no LTE here not worth it). Will likely get next iPhone seeing as we will have LTE hopefully sometime this year. Any info on the east side - Beachwood area? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

New member here. Currently have iPhone 4S. Not an iPhone fanboy! I actually like the htc one better than my iPhone but I don't want to give up iTunes. Passed on iPhone 5 (no LTE here not worth it). Will likely get next iPhone seeing as we will have LTE hopefully sometime this year. Any info on the east side - Beachwood area? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bump... Anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk