Ianmac23

Network Vision/LTE - Cleveland/NE Ohio Market

It seems like Sprint is putting LTE in all the states around Ohio and not in Ohio except for the 1 tower in Cleveland.

Anyone heard a reason why it has not started in Ohio

I have a similar situation going on in Tulsa but Oklahoma was officially announced (to start work soon) in the last Sprint update.

It looks like Ohio is in the same boat being in the third round. So be looking out for cities in your market in the next Sprint marketing update.

• Like 1

It seems like Sprint is putting LTE in all the states around Ohio and not in Ohio except for the 1 tower in Cleveland.

Anyone heard a reason why it has not started in Ohio

Which tower in Cleveland? I'm unaware of its existence. I'd love to go check it out!

Which tower in Cleveland? I'm unaware of its existence. I'd love to go check it out!

There are no upgraded towers in Cleveland. It may be confused with a WiMax protection site.

There are no upgraded towers in Cleveland. It may be confused with a WiMax protection site.

Cleveland and its suburbs have full WiMAX coverage so there's no reason for a WiMAX protection site to be in place.

Cleveland and its suburbs have full WiMAX coverage so there's no reason for a WiMAX protection site to be in place.

Whoops. Well then, I have no idea what lanmac23 is talking about.

Whoops. Well then, I have no idea what lanmac23 is talking about.

I'm entirely lost also.

By the way the only protection sites around here are >50 miles away from Cleveland.

I too am stumped on the one tower in Cleveland comment. I'm always the last to know. ;)

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

Seems like for one reason or another they just haven't gotten to Ohio yet. It has to be a third round group of regions since it's being surrounded by LTE. At least, I'd think so.

So far the Cleveland market is the only Ohio market mentioned in the 3rd round list. Columbus and Cincinatti haven't even been mentioned yet as far as I know.

Noob here. I looked through and couldn't find a good existing thread to throw this on, so if I missed something, please go easy on me.

I bought my wife an Optimus G last night and was talking to the Sprint salesman AFTER I made the purchase (no extra incentive to sell it to me) about LTE rollout in the Cleveland area.

He said that the last time an exec was in town, they confirmed that we'd be getting LTE in the 1st quarter of 2013. I took that with a big grain of salt, but was wondering what the vibe is around here.

You guys seem to know a lot. Any info?

Quick edit: this would seem to back up the master list of announced roll-out communities. (I kept reading). So, I guess add this to some of the evidence you've already gathered? :-)

By the way, awesome site guys--I think I'm going to love it here.

Edited by QMaverick
  • Like 1

Most markets are to rollout starting early to mid next year so the salesman was correct in the aspect that NV upgrades begins next year. LTE will definitely be sporadic and there will be growing pains as the network is worked on. So don't take it as Sprint will have LTE everywhere within months.

Welcome! Happy to have you here.

You are right, I don't see a Cleveland thread yet. I will move this one over into the Markets section of the forums, and let the discussion continue there!

Work will probably begin in your area sometime this winter, probably after the new year. The formal launch probably won't come until Spring. But then, schedules have been changing, so it's hard to say for sure about any of this.

Here's another noob question. Today and yesterday we started getting sporadically dropped calls. It's not often, and the signal comes back almost instantly. Is this commonly the kind of behavior to expect during or prior to a vision update, or is it just a fluke. We usually get very good coverage here (better than Verizon), so its a little weird.

So far the Cleveland market is the only Ohio market mentioned in the 3rd round list. Columbus and Cincinatti haven't even been mentioned yet as far as I know.

I think it's because Cleveland is just that awesome. Did you know that we only see the sun like three times a year? And that we're not Detroit?

• Like 3

we're not Detroit?

Clevelanders are very proud of that point :-)

• Like 2

Here's another noob question. Today and yesterday we started getting sporadically dropped calls. It's not often, and the signal comes back almost instantly. Is this commonly the kind of behavior to expect during or prior to a vision update, or is it just a fluke. We usually get very good coverage here (better than Verizon), so its a little weird.

Most likely it is just a fluke, we haven't heard anything about NV starting in your area. However, we have seen issues like this in areas that are receiving NV upgrades. I don't think we'll be seeing any work starting in the area for a couple of months, but other markets have started early. If it continues, be on the lookout for new equipment on towers, and let us know if you see anything!

Clevelanders are very proud of that point :-)

Hell yeah we are! But you'll still get shot if you go to East Cleveland. Okay maybe not... I've been there, but I didn't exactly want to stay.

• Like 1

eHRPD is enabled in the Cleveland market. I've confirmed this on three phones 20 miles from Cleveland proper.

It could be tower work, failing hardware, or an over loaded tower. Where is this happening at? I might be able to check it out.

It's happening in Parma near the Parmatown Mall, and like I said, it's just started. I've seen 4 to 5 disconnects in the past 3 days or so, and that's just weird. I get better service (3G and voice) than my friend does on Verizon in this area--it's been really solid.

If we've got eHRPD going that's a pretty good sign, right? :-)

Also, I've noticed that my 3G speeds have stepped up to about 1.5 Mbps down, which is quite a bit faster than before. But that's late at night. I just ran a test (5:07 PM) and am getting 761 kbps down (which is still isn't bad for the time of day).

It's happening in Parma near the Parmatown Mall, and like I said, it's just started. I've seen 4 to 5 disconnects in the past 3 days or so, and that's just weird. I get better service (3G and voice) than my friend does on Verizon in this area--it's been really solid.

If we've got eHRPD going that's a pretty good sign, right? :-)

Also, I've noticed that my 3G speeds have stepped up to about 1.5 Mbps down, which is quite a bit faster than before. But that's late at night. I just ran a test (5:07 PM) and am getting 761 kbps down (which is still isn't bad for the time of day).

. We peeps in Toledo, Ohio have ehrpd so that doesn't say much. Plus..we are Little Detroit...lol

mobile with Evo Lte

. We peeps in Toledo, Ohio have ehrpd so that doesn't say much. Plus..we are Little Detroit...lol

mobile with Evo Lte

lol i think every where pretty much has ehrpds now, but your right its not a sign that lte will start, but cedar point is in the Cleveland market and there's a tower right on the island.... Guess ill be going there alot this summer that'll put sprints lte and backhual to work hopefull I can brag to my Verizon buddies ha