Sprint LTE Coverage Maps via Sensorly

Haven't been able to map for quite awhile here on Sprint...

Clear data, try again. If still fails, uninstall reboot, reinstall.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Clear data, try again. If still fails, uninstall reboot, reinstall.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Hmm. I just did about 45 minutes of mapping nearby. I cleared data beforehand. Still nothing an hour later. I hope my efforts weren't in vain. Is this data lost?

Hmm. I just did about 45 minutes of mapping nearby. I cleared data beforehand. Still nothing an hour later. I hope my efforts weren't in vain. Is this data lost?

Having same problem, only thing that's mapping are speed tests :/

So some of my recent mapping has worked. I need to be way zoomed in on the map to see it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

At a certain zoom level, i see some bright purple.. But it should be the whole area lol. We'll see, hopefully it's starting to update again

At a certain zoom level, i see some bright purple.. But it should be the whole area lol. We'll see, hopefully it's starting to update again

I just hope I didn't map for nothing. Not that I drove particularly far but still.

• Like 1

I just hope I didn't map for nothing. Not that I drove particularly far but still.

I went on a ride today and took a couple speed tests along the way, and when I sat down. I took a speed test and sensorly fc'd! i was at 400+ on LTE. I lost that and a few decent speedtests.:/.

Sensorly if having some server issues. Servers are now catching up and said they should be done catching by end of the week.

Users are reporting their mapping is starting to show up, so seems like so far none of that data is lost. It hasn't been reported either that data was lost.

• Like 1

I just did some mapping today and it showed up within about an hour or two.

• Like 2

So some of my recent mapping has worked. I need to be way zoomed in on the map to see it.

I believe I recall a Sensorly rep awhile back passing on that the tiles for the closer zoom levels were updated more frequently than the wider zoom levels. So that could make sense.

-Mike

Sensorly is not ver accurate AT ALL. I have amazing coverage and speeds on my area and according to their app, its not. It's been the same for like 2 years.

Sensorly's coverage maps are only as good as the data submitted by its users. If nobody has done any mapping in an area, that doesn't mean there is no coverage; it just means nobody has uploaded it yet. If your area is lacking in Sensorly coverage, perhaps you should turn it on and help out.

-Mike

• Like 2

Sensorly is not ver accurate AT ALL. I have amazing coverage and speeds on my area and according to their app, its not. It's been the same for like 2 years.

That's because it maps cumulatively. In my opinion that's one of the weaker points of this app. NYC is showing as weak coverage all over because it was mapped hundreds of times over while the coverage was weak. Now that the coverage is strong, people aren't mapping nearly as much and as a result, the signal is still weak even if you map over it a few times.

• Like 2

Sensorly's coverage maps are only as good as the data submitted by its users. If nobody has done any mapping in an area, that doesn't mean there is no coverage; it just means nobody has uploaded it yet. If your area is lacking in Sensorly coverage, perhaps you should turn it on and help out.

-Mike

I used to ALL the time.....nothing ever changed so I gave up

That's because it maps cumulatively. In my opinion that's one of the weaker points of this app. NYC is showing as weak coverage all over because it was mapped hundreds of times over while the coverage was weak. Now that the coverage is strong, people aren't mapping nearly as much and as a result, the signal is still weak even if you map over it a few times.

This makes sense.

• 2 weeks later...

I could care less about coverage strength. Each phone has its own unique RF performance and a lot are crap. I use it as a signal if LTE exists in a given location.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone ever suggested or inquired with them the possibility of moving to a sort of 'moving window of time', say maybe over a year, that the mapping results reflected?  That might have the dual benefit of (a) encouraging people to use the app and map more often and (B) thereby drastically increasing the accuracy as well, particularly as time moves forward and situations change positively or negatively either one.

Has anyone ever suggested or inquired with them the possibility of moving to a sort of 'moving window of time', say maybe over a year, that the mapping results reflected?  That might have the dual benefit of (a) encouraging people to use the app and map more often and ( B) thereby drastically increasing the accuracy as well, particularly as time moves forward and situations change positively or negatively either one.

I've thought the same thing.. but maybe a dynamic instead of a fixed time period. That way, if a particular area doesn't get a lot of data uploaded, it doesn't look like a blank slate (and conversely, an area with a lot of current data can ignore the old stuff).

-Mike

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I find both this and Sprints map a bit not true. At my home, while we used to have a great LTS signal with Bands 25, 26 and 41 all active, we now barely get a 35 signal to the point that it's non functional at times. a half mile away where there used to be a no signal, there is now a great signal. Basically, the entire area that shows strong LTE has gotten really poor throughout the entire NE MA area.