Any have jailbroken iPhone

Turboxsloth

Hi does anyone have the signal app from cydia. I try to use itbtonfind towers but seems sometimes I end up at no tower? Any other opinion

It sounds like the tower(s) is(are) squawking offset coords for the tower. There isn't really any other options for apps. In the sponsor area there are locations for were the towers are. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor and would like more information in becoming one, click on becoming a sponsor in my signature.

Hi does anyone have the signal app from cydia. I try to use itbtonfind towers but seems sometimes I end up at no tower? Any other opinion

I don't use it to find towers as most, if not all towers squawk the wrong coordinates. One I ran across yesterday said the tower was over by Santa Barbara, and I was in the San Fernando Valley off the I-405. Other than GPS flaws not at the fault of planetbeing, his app is great.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

• 3 weeks later...

Sprint LTE cells squawk the targeted cell coverage center and not the tower itself. This is what Signal displays and can be confusing, Example:

y9unypeb.jpg

The green circles indicate three band-25 cell "centers" emanating from the tower in the pink box.

These are not equidistant, as you may notice, though they are close. Network engineers vary things, namely downtilt, to alter the attempted cell center.

Edited by Txmtx

(More detail)

ena8e5a3.jpg

That is the same site but closer. Pink circle is the tower.

And...

bu6ysa2e.jpg

This is the same tower again. Pink is the tower, orange is part of the shadow projected by it, the part at the very top. It is significantly more dense now than whenever that shot was taken, which appears to be pre-LTE.

Here is a better and newer shot from google instead:

ba2upyjy.jpg

However, much of the shadow projected by the sun's angle is onto the sides of the trees, and not visible in a perfectly vertical satellite photo. But if you look carefully you will see a denser tower.

This is one way of using Signal for locating towers.

Edited by Txmtx

• 1 month later...

What repository (source) did you add to get this app?

• 1 month later...

So has anybody been able to jailbreak ios7 yet? Everything I've found online seems to be a gimmick - It's been months since I've had my jailbreak and I'm dying to get it back.

Nothing yet. Hopefully soon something will come up. But I think those who are working on it are making sure that Apple can't find out their exploits before the initial release bugs are worked out.