Network Vision/LTE - West Kentucky Market (Louisville, Evansville, Bowling Green)

bgguy

• 3 weeks later...
Dear S4GRU.com,

Our whole state of Kentucky essentially went to eHRPD over Thanksgiving.

Has there been anymore progress as far as 4G LTE deployment in our markets?

Thank you,

Concerned Sprint User

There has been no new information. Once a market starts deployment, I don't usually find out until our members see activity in Sprint towers. If you see something, take a picture and post it. We can identify Network Vision panels and RRU's usually very easily.

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

Will do.

Was hoping you guys had some inside knowledge.

I darn near wreck my car staring at towers on my way to and from work wondering if they look any different than they did before.

We do sometimes get info about market starts. But only in markets where we have a local source. So far, we do not have a source in the Kentucky area.

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

I keep watching towers in my area for any sign of activity. This is a big market landwise. Until the first sites pop up as completed we dont know where they are working. Could be in Evansville, Hopkinsville, E-town, Louisville, or out in the middle of nowhere. I don't know. They may not have even started yet.

• Like 1

I know I've seen this question asked elsewhere, but is there any way of knowing who the contractors are. I've been seeing alot of WesTower Communications trucks in Bowling Green and their website says they do cell phone tower work. I've seen the trucks in the area off and on but heavily lately including working on the towers at Western Kentucky University. It would most likely either be us or AT&T they are working on.

AT&T is rapidly deploying lte here in Louisville. There has been several times I've seen tower work going on but I'll check the maps and its not a sprint tower. Hopefully in your case its sprint work. If you can, try to get some pictures of their work so we might be able to tell.

There is a tower near my house that I drive by on my way to and from work. It is off Crittenden dr. near the football stadium. I haven't noticed any changes or work being done to it. The moment I see something I will take pictures of it.

There is a tower near my house that I drive by on my way to and from work. It is off Crittenden dr. near the football stadium. I haven't noticed any changes or work being done to it. The moment I see something I will take pictures of it.

Are you sure that it is a sprint tower? Unless your farther than I think from the stadium, it is probably not a sprint tower. There are interactive maps in the sponsor section that plot every sprint tower. I wish there was a tower closer. I'm a senior at UofL and I buy football season tickets every year. Service is pretty bad in the area during a game.

• Like 1

Welcome to the site by the way. The there is a great wealth of knowledge here. Its nice to see more people from my town joining. The more eyes the better.I watch sensorly every day to see if someone has caught something somewhere in the area.

@mdob07 (I couldn't find a way to quote your post on my iPhone)

Maybe it is just my ignorance on the situation, I assumed that the carriers shared some of the towers. The tower that I see daily is on Central between Floyd and Crittenden. When I get a chance, and by chance I mean some extra money, I will donate so that I can view the maps.

I had to get an Airave because I could not receive anything(calls, texts nothing unless it is iMessage while I am connected to wifi) during the games.

Thanks for the response and welcome. Any time I think I can contribute to the site, I will.

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody on here seen anything in Evansville IN? Been spot checking network.sprint.com for areas of lots of data speed upgrades. Evansville has 1 voice update, 1 data capacity update, and 16 data speed updates. Very interesting. Would love it if someone in the area could check on some of the towers and report.

What i find interesting is that on Sensorly maps there are some 4G blips around small TN towns right outside the KY line along I65. Maybe they are traveling up I65 in some kind of 4G roadshow like the circus installing 4G goodness to all the towns along the way.

Is it just me or has eHRPD been turned off for the metro Louisville area? I work on the east side of downtown (Broadway/Baxter Rd area) and live in S. Indiana. Prior to last week I was showing eHRPD in both locations. However now I'm showing EvDo-rev.A:8 Could this mean a setback in our upgrade?

I can come and go in active markets. Have you restarted your phone? Sometimes my phone drops to EVDO, more when I cycle airplane mode a lot. When I restart my phone it comes back. I still have eHRPD in Shepherdsville.

FYI to anyone in the Louisville Area.

I have called Sprint and threatened to cancel for the slow data speeds in this area, lack of Wi-Max / LTE. I am still under a contract but have had Sprint for 7 years or so. Both times I called I was offered credits on my account - one for 80 dollars and then 75 off my next two bills.

It was a nice gesture and greatly appreciated but I would rather have good service on a consistent level in my area.

Just an FYI that you might be able to get some sort of compensation for putting up with it and keep being told that 4G is coming.

West Kentucky has some sites In Progress, so the market is moving. Though the current sites are in Illinois, it's only a matter of time before we start seeing things pop up in Kentucky.

The sites for West Ky that are marked in progress are Samsung sites that are connected to the Indy MSC. The majority of the West KY market is Ericsson. I'm not sure, but I'm assuming their just part of the Indy deployment.

The sites for West Ky that are marked in progress are Samsung sites that are connected to the Indy MSC. The majority of the West KY market is Ericsson. I'm not sure, but I'm assuming their just part of the Indy deployment.

You are correct.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1