Samsung ATIV S

bucdenny

Oh, silly AJ, assuming that Sprint employees get any training on how enginerring screens work at all. Most don't even know that dialer codes exist, much less secret menus!

I wanted to hear how the Samsung videos pronounce "enginerring," since that is how Samsung spells it.  But, okay, you get a free pass on that question...

AJ

I wanted to hear how the Samsung videos pronounce "enginerring," since that is how Samsung spells it.  But, okay, you get a free pass on that question...

AJ

You give me too little credit; if you notice, I spelled it wrong in my post, as well, on purpose. I was springboarding off your comment about Samsung's misspellings, pointing out that such videos would never contain such information, as not even technicians are supposed to see the enginerring screens!

You give me too little credit...

Oh, I noticed.  Are you seeking extra credit?  The fall semester is just barely underway, but you are off to a good start.

AJ

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm actually looking at this phone to replace my Blackberry, thoughts?

Figured WP is the way to go, at least I can get apps now (Netflix, Pandora, etc.)

You do know the Q10 is released on Friday?

I'm actually looking at this phone to replace my Blackberry, thoughts?

Figured WP is the way to go, at least I can get apps now (Netflix, Pandora, etc.)

Depends on what you want, If a physical keyboard doesn't mean anything to you then definitely get the ATIV but if you enjoy the physical keyboard there is no substitute, in my opinion. 

You do know the Q10 is released on Friday?

Yeah it's buckets of meh, in my honest opinion. If I'm going to upgrade my work line, I'd like to get access to at least some cool apps and such.

Plus the vast majority of the reviews say the phone isn't all that it should be.

Depends on what you want, If a physical keyboard doesn't mean anything to you then definitely get the ATIV but if you enjoy the physical keyboard there is no substitute, in my opinion. 

I agree, and I have an iPhone 5 as my personal line, this is just to replace my work line.

I agree, and I have an iPhone 5 as my personal line, this is just to replace my work line.

Well, go into a Sprint store sometime after Friday and play with both for a little bit and it should be obvious which one you prefer because they are both so different.

• 1 month later...

Anybody else pick up or try out the Ativ S Neo and have an opinion on it?    I'm a big fan of Windows Phone, still rocking my old Arrive.   The Ativ S Neo seems solid on paper, the major disappointment for me being that it is 1900 LTE only.    Given the ridiculous wait for Sprint to release WP8 devices, goodness knows how long it will take them to offer a dual or triband WP device.

Anybody else pick up or try out the Ativ S Neo and have an opinion on it?    I'm a big fan of Windows Phone, still rocking my old Arrive.   The Ativ S Neo seems solid on paper, the major disappointment for me being that it is 1900 LTE only.    Given the ridiculous wait for Sprint to release WP8 devices, goodness knows how long it will take them to offer a dual or triband WP device.

I would guess that if the WP8 devices sold well enough for Sprint they would offer something Tri Band next year.

I would guess that if the WP8 devices sold well enough for Sprint they would offer something Tri Band next year.

True... problem is Sprint really isn't promoting the WP8 devices to any significant extent so they likely won't sell well.   I understand few Sprint stores even have the Ativ S Neo in stock, and on the Sprint website it is displayed near the bottom of the smartphone page below two year old and pre-owned devices.    Hard to escape the impression they don't much care if it sells or not. 

True... problem is Sprint really isn't promoting the WP8 devices to any significant extent so they likely won't sell well.   I understand few Sprint stores even have the Ativ S Neo in stock, and on the Sprint website it is displayed near the bottom of the smartphone page below two year old and pre-owned devices.    Hard to escape the impression they don't much care if it sells or not. 

Oh I agree, it seems like Sprint doesn't really care if they sell or not.

I finally broke down and replaced my blackberry 9900 with it, and am loving it. Great device, great battery life, screen is nice and bright, and Netflix works great!

I know there is a small gap when it comes to app selection, but from a pure work device, it's fine.

I finally broke down and replaced my blackberry 9900 with it, and am loving it. Great device, great battery life, screen is nice and bright, and Netflix works great!

I know there is a small gap when it comes to app selection, but from a pure work device, it's fine.

Thanks for the info.... time to update your avatar!  :)    How's the LTE reception on the Ativ?  

Thanks for the info.... time to update your avatar!  :)    How's the LTE reception on the Ativ?  

Not bad at all, very similar to my iPhone 5.

I honestly love having a work phone that I can actually use for something besides email.

• 5 weeks later...

How did you get GDR3 on it?

Sign up for the Windows Phone Apps Studio program (free for one device per Windows account).   

http://www.wpcentral.com/get-gdr3-today-windows-phone-preview-developers

Although technically a "preview release" it is for all intents and purposes the final GDR3.    It's working perfectly for me.  

Sign up for the Windows Phone Apps Studio program (free for one device per Windows account).

http://www.wpcentral.com/get-gdr3-today-windows-phone-preview-developers

Although technically a "preview release" it is for all intents and purposes the final GDR3. It's working perfectly for me.

Ah ok, but the site is down :(

• 1 year later...

trying to figure out why it is coming up LTEAdvance on my Samsung Ativ S Neo which is only a band 25 device.

I wonder if Sprint is changing the network type to LTEAdvanced on sites after they enable Carrier Aggregation.  Where was this?

P.S. - I moved your post from the Sponsor thread.  You probably posted it there my mistake.

I wonder if Sprint is changing the network type to LTEAdvanced on sites after they enable Carrier Aggregation. Where was this?

P.S. - I moved your post from the Sponsor thread. You probably posted it there my mistake.

Robert, wouldn't the only way to get 52 down be with a 10x10 pcs carrier? Could they be testing something?

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk