Current Sprint PRLs

halcyoncmdr

Have you tried to update your profile? And PRL? Yo most likely tried this. What you should try next is to flash the latest firmware again. At least the modem. That should fix it.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Last night, I turned my phone off.  Turned it on this a.m.  PRL was 25013 again.

Rebooted.  PRL still 25013.

Powered off.  Removed battery & waited 10 minutes.  Reboot.  PRL went back to version 1.

Rebooted.  PRL went back to 25013.

I regret to say it, but I have no insight to share.

Last night, I turned my phone off. Turned it on this a.m. PRL was 25013 again.

Rebooted. PRL still 25013.

Powered off. Removed battery & waited 10 minutes. Reboot. PRL went back to version 1.

Rebooted. PRL went back to 25013.

I regret to say it, but I have no insight to share.

most likely you have a ROM issue failing to correctly display the PRL.

When I was using my Samsung Epic there was a SD card rom I could boot up into to update the PRL through a stock firmware. You should look for something similar as your PRL is out of date. Or you need to learn how to flash a new PRL :)

Is there a difference between 55016 and 54016? One is corporate liable and the other is individual liable?

Would Sprint see that I used the corporate one, and if they did does that present a problem since I'm not actually roaming?

Thanks

Is there a difference between 55016 and 54016? One is corporate liable and the other is individual liable?

Would Sprint see that I used the corporate one, and if they did does that present a problem since I'm not actually roaming?

Thanks

Corp has 1X and EVDO roaming

Individual has 1X romaing

• Like 1

Corp has 1X and EVDO roaming

Individual has 1X romaing

I was having poor speeds on 55016 so I went to 54016 and it seems better. I'm not getting a "roaming" notice though so is there a difference between the two in how "crowded" they are? sorry for these newb questions.

After updating my EVO 4G LTE what I get is 24016. I'd really like to be able to access the 800mhz band, but my phone never seems to find any. Maybe they just have not deployed in my area yet. But we're already half LTE deployed, so it would be quite an oversight on their part. 

I'm wondering if I'm being given a purposefully outdated PRL due to being on an MVNO. Any chance of that? 

I found the Sprint PRL list here in the forums, here is what it says:

24016 24015 SV-LTE and BC10 2012 forward CL Corporate Liable SV-LTE PRL identical to 22xxx and also supports Simultaneous Voice/Data.

So, Corporate...I'm going to guess it isn't being updated with the latest 800mhz entries?

After updating my EVO 4G LTE what I get is 24016. I'd really like to be able to access the 800mhz band, but my phone never seems to find any. Maybe they just have not deployed in my area yet. But we're already half LTE deployed, so it would be quite an oversight on their part. 

I'm wondering if I'm being given a purposefully outdated PRL due to being on an MVNO. Any chance of that? 

I found the Sprint PRL list here in the forums, here is what it says:
24016 24015 SV-LTE and BC10 2012 forward CL Corporate Liable SV-LTE PRL identical to 22xxx and also supports Simultaneous Voice/Data.

So, Corporate...I'm going to guess it isn't being updated with the latest 800mhz entries?

While 800mhz is testing, it uses a network code that is not loaded in any production PRL. There is a custom Premier Sponsor PRL made by our on Digiblur that adds this testing NID entry into the PRL I believe. 800mhz sites tend to come on in clusters, so they will be on this testing frequency for a while until they are ready to go live.

I don't think the 55016 PRL is sufficient for the Nexus 5, I'm having all sorts of issues. Phone works, just not great. Specifically voice quality.

That would not be solved by a PRL since it is not the cause. If you are attaching to the tower at all then the PRL is telling the device to scan.

How can I explain my awful outgoing call quality then? Its strange since it only happens when going from LTE to making a phone call. Always seems to default to 1x800 when I am going from 3G (eHRPD) to a phone call.

How can I explain my awful outgoing call quality then? Its strange since it only happens when going from LTE to making a phone call. Always seems to default to 1x800 when I am going from 3G (eHRPD) to a phone call.

Probably connecting to a recently upgraded 800Mhz 1x site that isn't operating correctly. Since it's an 800Mhz signal though, you could potentially be very far from this site compared to the LTE or 3G site, so it's much harder to pinpoint where it is.

Your best bet is to call into Care and have a rep mark your location in the Network Pinpoint tool as having audio quality issues there. All of the info from that tool is forwarded to the network teams every 15 minutes.

Probably connecting to a recently upgraded 800Mhz 1x site that isn't operating correctly. Since it's an 800Mhz signal though, you could potentially be very far from this site compared to the LTE or 3G site, so it's much harder to pinpoint where it is.

Your best bet is to call into Care and have a rep mark your location in the Network Pinpoint tool as having audio quality issues there. All of the info from that tool is forwarded to the network teams every 15 minutes.

Thank you for your feedback, this is the best advice I have received yet. I will call and have them mark my home when I have a chance. Thanks again!

I have changed the link to a published HTML page instead of a standard Google Docs spreadsheet link. The spreadsheet link didn't add any features, and caused issues when people were trying to view the page as I worked on it

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I checked out 55017 and it was nothing much from what I saw. I'll dig into it a little deeper when I have time to see if some other priorities changed.

Just got 55017 today.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I also just got 60657 on my iPhone in Chicagoland. Now before I'm scolded for the correlation between prl's and lte connectivity; I can't get lte on my phone with this update.

This also happened to me for both my iPhone 5s & my sister's iPhone 5. Neither of them even scan for LTE anymore.

posted this in the NYC market thread but I noticed that the connection time is a lot shorter when dialing out and receiving a call before when I was on 55016 it would take 13 seconds to connect now on 55017 it takes 3 seconds to connect... Anyone else notice that difference besides me...