Current Sprint PRLs

halcyoncmdr

On 11/11/2019 at 8:00 AM, Wfmets45 said:

just switched to Sprint and my PRL indicates 33046. Any reason why it does not indicate 55071?

iPhone XS (byod) 

unlocked from the Apple Store

Have you done a ##CLEAR# then a ##UPDATE# since switching?

11 minutes ago, TechGuru said:

Have you done a ##CLEAR# then a ##UPDATE# since switching?

Yes sir.

I’ve done both and even reset my network settings and still showing PRL 33046. I’ve rebooted my phone multiple times, I have even turned off LTE and done the update on 3G and still shows PRL 33046.

Any other explanation? I’m still running iOS 12.4 too if that helps. I keep reading about how buggy iOS 13 has been so I have decided not to update until Apple sorts out all the bugs.

8 minutes ago, Brad The Beast said:

That might be it. 

That’s what I was thinking...

Will my coverage be affected in any way if I stay on 12.4 a few more days? I plan on going to Sugar Hill, NH for the holidays and on Sprint’s coverage maps, it indicates I will be roaming but it will appear as Sprint native coverage on my iPhone.

I’m thinking i’ll be roaming on AT&T or T-Mobile. 

Please advise.

1 minute ago, Wfmets45 said:

That’s what I was thinking...

Will my coverage be affected in any way if I stay on 12.4 a few more days? I plan on going to Sugar Hill, NH for the holidays and on Sprint’s coverage maps, it indicates I will be roaming but it will appear as Sprint native coverage on my iPhone.

I’m thinking i’ll be roaming on AT&T or T-Mobile. 

Please advise.

If anything at all it should help with the addition of T-Mobile roaming. 

2 minutes ago, Wfmets45 said:

I meant to say, will I still have the same coverage as those on PRL 55071 or will my phone not connect to the extended roaming towers if I stay on PRL 33046?

PRL 33046 is older I believe so it probably won't roam in "Extended" areas. 

14 hours ago, TechGuru said:

I've had PRL's in the 5xxxx series ever since iOS 9.3.3 so I don't think the iOS version is the problem.

Someone here mentioned the SIM

I saw that post on reddit and today I contacted Sprint via chat and they told me my PRL is correct but they can't explain why my wife's is 55071 and mine is 33046.

She is under a family plan with her sister's and I'm on my own plan on the byod but all my services work just fine. I just hope it does not affect my roaming.

11 minutes ago, Wfmets45 said:

I saw that post on reddit and today I contacted Sprint via chat and they told me my PRL is correct but they can't explain why my wife's is 55071 and mine is 33046.

She is under a family plan with her sister's and I'm on my own plan on the byod but all my services work just fine. I just hope it does not affect my roaming.

Are your SIM card's part and version numbers identical?

44 minutes ago, Wfmets45 said:

It shows the SIM card # followed by SG and a few numbers, is that what u need?

Interesting. Mine does not contain "SG". 

OldSprintSIM.jpg

You're going to have a different SIM card on that newer iPhone so the question is does it match the other iPhone's SIM? 

Edited by TechGuru

4 minutes ago, TechGuru said:

OldSprintSIM.jpg

You're going to have a different SIM card on that newer iPhone so the question is does it match the other iPhone's SIM? 

My wife also has a XS that we bought through Apple but under Sprint. I would have to check her SIM card later when i get home

My SIM card ends with SG10003a

On 12/10/2019 at 1:34 PM, TechGuru said:

OldSprintSIM.jpg

I figured it out, I updated my software from iOS 12.4 to 13.3 and the PRL changed to 55071.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Never understood how updating "profile" and "PRL" works.

Every single time you click to manually update the two, it always says "updated" or "upgraded." Is that just the default response? How could it be "upgraded" that many times if there's new PRL to upgrade to?

Never understood how updating "profile" and "PRL" works.
Every single time you click to manually update the two, it always says "updated" or "upgraded." Is that just the default response? How could it be "upgraded" that many times if there's new PRL to upgrade to?

I think it always says that if it succeeded. I think it just fetches the current one and replaces what's there with it, even if it's the same version. So the only way to tell if it was really updated is to note the version number and see if it changed.

Profile update is mostly just for CDMA, it shouldn't really do anything for LTE. All it does is fetch your username (used for MMS? I forget exactly what it's used for) and some other CDMA parameters/configuration data, so it'll never change unless something changes on your account or something gets messed up on your phone. Sprint can and will push an update remotely if something on your account necessitates it, so the only time you'd need to manually update it is if you're having issues.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...