Current Sprint PRLs

halcyoncmdr

If anyone knows, out of curiosity, which roam indicator corresponds to what in Sprint's PRLs (eg. Sprint, Extended, Roaming etc.)?  The ones I see mostly are 0, 1, 160, 162 and there are also a few 228s...

Were you able to analyze changes in the new 5x054 series yet? Thx!

Sorry, have had a hectic week (web server problems, which are on-going) and had completely forgotten. 

I'll post some details a little later, but the biggest changes seem to be the addition of a number of "negative" records.  My quick research on the topic means these are networks that the phone IS NOT allowed to roam on.  Looks like this is primarily international operators (Some I can't identify, plus Bell, Nortel, Telus, Newtel, MT Mobility, IslandTel, SaskTel, Aliant Telecom, Hong Kong Telecom, China Telecom, Portatel Del Sureste, Comcel, Telecomunicaciones del Golfo, Operadora Unefon).

- Trip

• Like 1

I'll post some details a little later, but the biggest changes seem to be the addition of a number of "negative" records.  My quick research on the topic means these are networks that the phone IS NOT allowed to roam on.  Looks like this is primarily international operators (Some I can't identify, plus Bell, Nortel, Telus, Newtel, MT Mobility, IslandTel, SaskTel, Aliant Telecom, Hong Kong Telecom, China Telecom, Portatel Del Sureste, Comcel, Telecomunicaciones del Golfo, Operadora Unefon).

In the past, Sprint typically did not NEG certain SIDs, though VZW frequently did.

Looking at the list above, I think many/all of those operators are traitors who have switched over to the 3GPP side.  They still may operate skeleton CDMA2000 networks, though.  That could be the reason for the NEG tags.  Sprint now supports various levels of LTE/W-CDMA/GSM international roaming.  The NEG tags could ensure that the roaming does not fall on the barebones legacy CDMA2000 networks instead.

AJ

• Like 7

In the past, Sprint typically did not NEG certain SIDs, though VZW frequently did.

Looking at the list above, I think many/all of those operators are traitors who have switched over to the 3GPP side. They still may operate skeleton CDMA2000 networks, though. That could be the reason for the NEG tags. Sprint now supports various levels of LTE/W-CDMA/GSM international roaming. The NEG tags could ensure that the roaming does not fall on the barebones legacy CDMA2000 networks instead.

AJ

I was aware that sprint didn't allow international LTE roaming in any countries?

I was aware that sprint didn't allow international LTE roaming in any countries?

Beep, beep, beep.

I am sorry, but you did not pose your response in the proper form of a question.

Mr. Connery, you have the board.

AJ

• Like 3

Beep, beep, beep.

I am sorry, but you did not pose your response in the proper form of a question.

AJ

Let me try - when did Sprint start offering international LTE roaming?

• Like 1

Beep, beep, beep.

AJ

I'll take Swords for 500 please.

Beep, beep, beep.

AJ

How's this:

Does sprint offer international LTE roaming?

• Like 2

That's what I thought but AJ made it seem otherwise...

I mean they COULD roam on LTE. But for throttled speeds it doesn't really make sense.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

I mean they COULD roam on LTE. But for throttled speeds it doesn't really make sense.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

LTE roaming would help with with edge of cell ping as well as unthrottled data (open world/global roaming with high speed pass).

Trip Ill have some more SCP files ready for you first thing tomorrow morning. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, have had a hectic week (web server problems, which are on-going) and had completely forgotten. 

- Trip

With a mandatory PRL coming up by the end of July for a number of markets (presumably for better LTE refarming since these areas are seeing spectrum swaps), have you noticed any changes in channels being checked?

With a mandatory PRL coming up by the end of July for a number of markets (presumably for better LTE refarming since these areas are seeing spectrum swaps), have you noticed any changes in channels being checked?

Yes.  Something PRL this way comes.  I received this message yesterday from Republic Wireless:

Important phone update required.

Our networks are undergoing changes that require a software update on your phone. These changes will impact both voice and data coverage starting July 1, 2016. To continue receiving the best coverage available, please update your Preferred Roaming List (PRL) to the latest version by taking the following steps on your Republic Wireless phone associated with the following phone number(s): (XXX) XXX-XXXX

Standard band class 1 CDMA2000 channel assignments all are xxx0 or xxx5.  In other words, they end in 0 or 5

I am awaiting some non xxx0 and non xxx5 band class 1 channel assignments in the PRL -- to reduce the 0.625 MHz guard bands and help enable 10 MHz FDD second carriers in PCS A/B block 30 MHz (15 MHz FDD) markets.

AJ

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...