Current Sprint PRLs

halcyoncmdr

Okay, so here's what I'm seeing.

First and foremost, a massive increase in EV-DO roaming.  It looks like Verizon EV-DO. 

In Geo 4, SI Wireless is added as a roaming partner.

In Geo 8, Standing Rock Telecom is gone.

In Geo 11, the nTelos eastern market is gone.  SI Wireless is added as a roaming partner.

In Geo 14, SI Wireless is added as a roaming partner.

The SID list I have has 4305 and 4307 as SI Wireless, which is why it's listed.  1X and EV-DO, by the way.

- Trip

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/7395-west-virginia-sprint-sponsor-map-spreadsheet/&do=findComment&comment=466876

Okay, so here's what I'm seeing.

First and foremost, a massive increase in EV-DO roaming.  It looks like Verizon EV-DO. 

In Geo 4, SI Wireless is added as a roaming partner.

In Geo 8, Standing Rock Telecom is gone.

In Geo 11, the nTelos eastern market is gone.  SI Wireless is added as a roaming partner.

In Geo 14, SI Wireless is added as a roaming partner.

The SID list I have has 4305 and 4307 as SI Wireless, which is why it's listed.  1X and EV-DO, by the way.

- Trip

Is there EVDO on SID 6?

Well, it tries to put you on Sprint eHRPD even if you are 1X roaming from Verizon, but if it can't find the Sprint eHRPD, it does appear that it now permits Verizon EVDO.

- Trip

Wow.  I thought Sprint wanted to stop throwing money at VZW.  I wonder when the map will update to reflect this change.

I guess with CCA rural providers taking over more ground Sprint can afford to turn on VZW 3G. 

Now Si wireless... I thought they basically had all that stuff enabled already.  Guess not. Si expanding?

• 1 month later...

I have a couple PRL questions. I noticed some of my phones are up to version 55051. Another one is 25051. Are the different versions for different band capability? 

Also is there any way to be notified when a new PRL is out. I don't make it a habit to update my PRL all the time and being notified of changes would be easier for me.

Is there a current database of what newer PRL changes there are?

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know what's new?

hopefulyl it brings back being able to use data, even 1xRTT, when roaming on Verizon.  I dont do it often anymore but when i do i essentially can only make calls and text.

hopefulyl it brings back being able to use data, even 1xRTT, when roaming on Verizon.  I dont do it often anymore but when i do i essentially can only make calls and text.

Nope.  PRLs can prevent access to EV-DO, but they do not control CDMA1X data roaming.  That is at both the device and network levels.  So, you have a device and/or account problem.  Or maybe the VZW CDMA1X data roaming network in your area has become decrepit, causing data sessions to fail.  And if you "essentially can only makes calls and text," that implies you sometimes have working roaming data on VZW.  If so, my explanation above holds.  And I am puzzled why you would think that a PRL update could change those circumstances.

AJ

Still seeing 55051 on my Nexus 5 after running an update.

Did you do it via Sprint Zone or About Phone/Status?  Reason I ask, I initiated my via Sprint Zone but it still showed 55051 as well in the app...but then when I double-checked via About Phone/Status is was showing updated.

Did you do it via Sprint Zone or About Phone/Status?  Reason I ask, I initiated my via Sprint Zone but it still showed 55051 as well in the app...but then when I double-checked via About Phone/Status is was showing updated.

I'm using a Nexus 5, so no sprint zone here.

Nope. PRLs can prevent access to EV-DO, but they do not control CDMA1X data roaming. That is at both the device and network levels. So, you have a device and/or account problem. Or maybe the VZW CDMA1X data roaming network in your area has become decrepit, causing data sessions to fail. And if you "essentially can only makes calls and text," that implies you sometimes have working roaming data on VZW. If so, my explanation above holds. And I am puzzled why you would think that a PRL update could change those circumstances.

AJ

A PRL update seems to have caused the problem so it is only natural thinking that another PRL update will fix it. I have experienced the same thing ever since I got PRL 55051 and no, it is not that Verizon's CDMA network has become decrepit in my area for my Verizon hotspot works fine on CDMA. I don't really know what the problem is but it sure seems like it was that 55051 PRL update.

A PRL update seems to have caused the problem so it is only natural thinking that another PRL update will fix it. I have experienced the same thing ever since I got PRL 55051 and no, it is not that Verizon's CDMA network has become decrepit in my area for my Verizon hotspot works fine on CDMA. I don't really know what the problem is but it sure seems like it was that 55051 PRL update.

And that may be fallacious cause and effect.  I have never seen a CDMA1X data roaming on/off flag in a PRL.  Until somebody shows one, I am not accepting that explanation. 

AJ

I cant find the thread it was in (maybe you were the poster of it) but it was theorized that verizon did something with EVDO on the specific tower or area.  I dont really know to be honest.  It started with PRL 55051 as you say.  My phone will have an exclamation mark in the signal bar area (for no data connection) and signal check will say the same. I have to cycle airplane mode so the phone will grab USCC instead (or at least hope it will).  Roaming on verizon is so few and far between for me now that it isnt a huge deal.

I cant find the thread it was in (maybe you were the poster of it) but it was theorized that verizon did something with EVDO on the specific tower or area. I dont really know to be honest. It started with PRL 55051 as you say. My phone will have an exclamation mark in the signal bar area (for no data connection) and signal check will say the same. I have to cycle airplane mode so the phone will grab USCC instead (or at least hope it will). Roaming on verizon is so few and far between for me now that it isnt a huge deal.

Yea I think I was the poster of that thread. I only asked again because there was a chance that previously unknown information surfaced. I feel the same pain though.

EVDO roaming may have been shut off, but as AJ says, 1xRTT is either on, or off. There is no data switch in the PRL for 1xRTT. Your Verizon hotspot is likely running on EVDO. 1xRTT is extremely slow to begin with, and any amount of traffic will cut into available speeds (think Kbps as the top speed).