Current Sprint PRLs

halcyoncmdr

I like the huge random BLOB of medium purple in South Dakota (Roaming+).   Unfortunately, Western Wisconsin is still light purple and not medium purple.  Buy hey, northern Wisconsin is medium purple. 

I'm not seeing any Roaming+...That blob looks like off network roaming to me, albeit 3G roaming (EVDO)...

Implications of this??

Sent from my HTC One M9 on Tapatalk

You can see from May 2015 and the pic from today that there are some losses from 3g to light purple.  White Hall area, some of 64 west bound areas, Rivanna area, some of 29 south and some area's of Lake Monticello all lost some dark purple to light purple. 

Untitled_zpsgltaumnz.png

1781766_629034177232273_2358257218257756

You can see from May 2015 and the pic from today that there are some losses from 3g to light purple.  White Hall area, some of 64 west bound areas, Rivanna area, some of 29 south and some area's of Lake Monticello all lost some dark purple to light purple. 

Untitled_zpsgltaumnz.png

1781766_629034177232273_2358257218257756

So, I just checked the coverage map for sprint Spark, and did NOT see the orange blob in the middle of C'ville as shown on your screenshot.  Neither when no device was specified, and when I specified for my M9.

?????

Eagle River, Wisconsin, looks to be roaming+ for voice and just roaming for data. I don't have access to a desktop to check the full site. I spent 3 days up there, google maps navigation the whole way up from Chicago, and some basic browsing, emails, and social media. I used 3.3mb of roaming data. Seems very low. I couldn't get iPhone field test to load to get a SID of the roaming partner up there, but someone in the Wisconsin thread said its either Verizon or Cellcom.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 1

So, I just checked the coverage map for sprint Spark, and did NOT see the orange blob in the middle of C'ville as shown on your screenshot.  Neither when no device was specified, and when I specified for my M9.

?????

that one was from may of this year when Sprint had it on their map for some reason. 

The South Dakota "blob" is James River/Northern Valley Telecom. It has been pseudo native for Sprint for over a year and was previously shown as 3G & More roaming. Nothing new here really for the blob.

Using Tapatalk on BlackBerry Z30

I wonder if Si Wireless is one of the changes. I noticed on the coverage map they went from native coverage to roaming coverage on 3G. :(

Maybe went from Pesudo native to roaming?

There was a commenter on Fierce, fuzzylumpkins, who mistook the MyMobileNation coverage as native Sprint. No, it is most certainly not native. It is a Sprint rural alliance partner. Do you know why it was called SI Wireless and now is called MyMobileNation? The SI stands for "Southern Illinois". That was the area that SI was originally supposed to serve. Instead, they backed out and served Kentucky and Tennessee instead. At the time they backed out, ATNI was still here. In January 2013, ATNI backed out of the consumer market and consummated the transaction to sell remaining Alltel markets to AT&T.

The effective result is that Southern Illinois telephone co-op's paid for competition in other areas. My dream would be Shentel coming in and buying out the coops and MobileNation, and then funding Southern Illinois expansion, but that's probably a pipe dream.

The South Dakota "blob" is James River/Northern Valley Telecom. It has been pseudo native for Sprint for over a year and was previously shown as 3G & More roaming. Nothing new here really for the blob.

South Dakota has the Blob?  Wow.  I am glad that Nebraska is in between it and me.  The Blob will have to consume all of the Omaha thread group before it comes for me, giving me time to stock up on fire extinguishers.

AJ

• Like 3

Not to be confused with South Dakota Bob. That is a different kind of blob. It consumes fried chicken in gross quantities and drives with its engineering screen open.

Using Tapatalk on BlackBerry Z30

• Like 8

Not to be confused with South Dakota Bob. That is a different kind of blob. It consumes fried chicken in gross quantities and drives with its engineering screen open.

Oh, so it is Bob now?  Yeah, what about Bob?

tumblr_mob9q9IDRR1qffnzto1_500.gif

AJ

• Like 1

Maybe the plan is to have the "Nebraska Loop" ensnare the Blob -- or South Dakota Bob, for that matter.

AJ

South Dakota talk always makes me ask "where the hell is Wall Drug?" I loved that place, there was something for everyone there.

Uh, in Wall, SD.  Now, would you like some ice water?

AJ

• Like 1

South Dakota talk always makes me ask "where the hell is Wall Drug?" I loved that place, there was something for everyone there.

South Dakota is easy to sum up.

Mount Rushmore.  Black Hills.  Native Americans.  Badlands.  Credit cards.  Wall Drug.  Call centers.  Credit cards.  Swiftel.  Corn Palace.

That is everything.

AJ

• Like 1

What did I start!? Just meant that it was a blob of the only coverage in a wide area. Ha ha. I like where this has gone though.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Yep... See... This is why we cannot have nice things....oh....and fried chicken.... Can't have that here either.... And BBQ..... No can do! [emoji12]

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1